Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    DATE...................... MILES...............TOTAL
    3/2

exercise.png
  • molove73
    molove73 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in for 100. Go big or go home. Plus i have a weigh in during the month of May so every mile counts.
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    In for 220 miles :smile:

Lets do this!

wow!!!!!!! you go!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    edited March 2015
    Im in for 75

exercise.png

• Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    3/1--- 8 miles, street

8 miles done/ 145 goal
  • kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    In for 40 miles in March. Update tomorrow!

exercise.png
  • johnsonnelly
    johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    I am going to set a goal of 72 miles for the month, the most that I have attempted. I was close to 60 last month and do not have to travel a lot this month so am KMFX! I brought home a Bowflex today so am hoping to add some strength training to my weekly routine.

exercise.png

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,204 Member
    Got started, ran 2 and walked about 4.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Training plan shows 180 miles of running (and 400 cycling) this month. I'll see how it goes.

3/1 - 17 miles

Total: 17 miles
    Goal: 180 miles
    Remaining: 163 miles
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    @Stoshew71 You were on fire! 6:31 is an amazing first mile split- and you sustained an excellent average pace on top of that! When you started running did you ever dream you'd run this fast or run this many miles?

@4leighbee I completely agree about the mental & emotional benefits of running. It's not just good for the body it replenishes the soul.

@ddmom0811 You even bought the app, then you researched Chi Running far more than I did. I read the book on the advice of a running friend. Then watched several of his videos until I understood and could duplicate what I'd read, implemented the principles that worked for me & kept on running. I was a heel striker but running without pain so I had thought why bother changing my stride? His explanation made me understand the necessity to switch to a forefoot strike. That one change improved my running significantly.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    edited March 2015
    Welcome Everyone!

@Runningmischka‌ - Can't believe you are in your third trimester already! Wow - your new little runner will be here before you know it!
    @gabbo34‌ - love that 3/1 3.1
    @_nikkiwolf_‌ - your deer park pictures are awesome! Those are amazing antlers! The stairs of Doom sound really tough and intimidating!
    @fabnine - I love Chi Running too but I couldn't do the forefoot strike until I hurt my foot and started running in the zero drop shoes. It has made a world of difference for me. I also pronate and have orthotics to help, but it is a lifelong issue from when I was a little kid.
    @Stoshew71‌ - Sounds like a fun race and a fantastic time on your split! Also love your white and gold running outfit!

My turn to spam with pictures from my beach, rain run this morning - we took the pup to the beach not expecting the rain to start so soon, it did and he didn't want to leave and we all ended up soaked but it was fun! We did note that most of the dogs on the beach were other Vizslas that we don't see very often - I guess we all knew that our dogs had to get out to run!

fworyzg9e592.jpg
    20fs2h5wavwz.jpg
    a8s60bwpopf2.jpg

• Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I have done my first five miles

exercise.png
  • higgzeee
    higgzeee Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2015
    OK - first month for me so I am aiming for 25 miles..wish me luck!

exercise.png
  • kellyframe31
    kellyframe31 Posts: 24 Member
    @higgzeee good luck! I can't wait to be logging miles like some of the others on here.
  • rnjcb
    rnjcb Posts: 86 Member
    exercise.png
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    In for 100 miles!

3/1 - 8 miles

exercise.png
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    1 - 12mi

Total: 12mi
    Mar goal: 275mi (big month!)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Date Miles today. Miles for March
    3/1 6.5 miles - 6.5 <<<< 1.5 w/u plus 8K race

exercise.png

University of Alabama Huntsville Spring Road Race 8K
    Time: 36:20 avg pace 7:19; 45th OA 5/6 AG

This was a bib tear off cheap race (Free for being an Huntsville Track Club member) and not chipped timed. So official finishing times are not very scientific. I was beating everyone all race from my running group, but just barely for a couple. At the last turn, one of my buddies comes sprinting past me and I decide to gun it and I catch up and we end up just about neck to neck at the finish. Officially they had him beating me by 1 sec. The 3rd,4th, and 5th placers in my AG where all pretty tight. They had my buddy tieing for third and he gets a gift card to the local running store. One of those, right there in your hands situations. Teaches me to not give up so early towards the end. On a good note, my first mile was a 6:31 split. Fastest mile I ever ran. Need to learn to sustain it.

5 milers are tricky. You gotta run them closer to a 10K effort and really crank up the end. Looks like you hit your lactic threshold right away, and there ain't any recovering from that during a race. Been there, done that :) 5 and 10 milers are my favorite distances.
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    1--- 6mi
    2--- REST DAY

Done: 6/220mi goal
  • beckibay
    beckibay Posts: 4 Member
    Completed the C25K program, week 6 day 1 today for 2.75 miles. After failing several times at W5D3, today felt great!

Total: 2.75
    Goal: 30
    Remaining: 27.25

Have a great day everyone!