March 2015 Running Challenge

Replies

• Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member

Thank everyone for the support! Time is going fast indeed :# Soon I'll be sharing my stroller run experience with you all.
    @_nikkiwolf_ WOW awesome pics! The peacocks are beautiful!
    @shanaber Stunning! Thanks for sharing. I love love love dogs, add running and the beach and I am in heaven ;)

Back to business now...

exercise.png
    3/2 = 6.5 miles
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Date Miles today. Miles for March

3/1 6.5 miles - 6.5 <<<< 1.5 w/u plus 8K race
    3/2 5 miles - 11.5

exercise.png
  • claireswin4
    claireswin4 Posts: 18 Member
    My goal is 25 miles! So excited to get back into the running season!

exercise.png
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    2.5 miles this morning. I find that I am able to run a bit faster with less difficulty when I go right after getting up in the morning. I never thought I would be one of those people who would enjoy going for a run first thing in the morning.
    exercise.png
  • knight810
    knight810 Posts: 7 Member
    exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited March 2015
    3/1 - 6.5 miles
    3/2 - 3.9 miles - miserable windy 20 mph with gusts, I hate wind even when it's 100 out LOL

10.4 out of 70 miles

exercise.png

@shanaber what beautiful pictures! I moved here from the Jersey Shore and I miss the beach so much.

@stoshew71 please complain about the wind today so I don't feel so bad :wink:

• briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    @stoshew71 Love the "white and gold" outfit. lol

@_nikkiwolf_ Great pictures. When I lived in SF there were a ton of crazy stair cases (along side teh crazy hills!). They are a fun challenge to incorporate into your runs.

February ended on a sour note with 4 days of unplanned rest thanks to a stomach flu/bug. Here's to a healthier March!

March 1 - 3.5 with running stroller
    March 2 - 6 miles

9.5miles/160 goal
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    exercise.png

3/1 - 2.25 miles - walking, and another 2.25 miles - walking
    3/2 - 1 mile - running, 1 mile - walking

• johnsonnelly
    johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    March 1 - Weights
    March 2 - 4 miles

exercise.png
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member

exercise.png

One very noisy treadmill mile ... mental note: avoid the third one from the left :)
    I'm very excited to look ahead and see sunny moderate weather for the weekend coming. Outside running (I'm a little choosy.)!! :)
  • littleaudrey85
    littleaudrey85 Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2015
    I haven't done this challenge before count me in. I've been running 2-3 miles 4 days a week and I have a 5k next weekend so I'll go with 50 miles for this month. I'll be able to increase my mileage once the weather warms up next week. We've been covered in snow and I've running on the dreadmill.

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @Stoshew71‌ LOL! Cutest outfit ever!

Thanks! LOL
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    @stoshew71 - WOW! That's a great time!

Thank you. I am very happy with my progress. A lot of consistent work now starting to pay off big.

fabnine wrote: »
    @Stoshew71 You were on fire! 6:31 is an amazing first mile split- and you sustained an excellent average pace on top of that! When you started running did you ever dream you'd run this fast or run this many miles?

Nope! LOL I just got addicted from my first race. Some of the great people I met on here and Challenges like this as well as the running group I got involved with locally all made a huge impact. Plus my wife is a huge player. She supports me at all my runs, puts up with all my training, and she runs too which helps. We started this together 2 Octobers ago.
    When I looked at my watch (and confirmed when they called out the first mile split) and saw that, I was deeply impressed with myself and motivated me to go hard for the remainder of the race.

But as Sonic points out down below, I probably did start off too hot which effected my overall finish. But it is an ego booster to hit that first fast split.

shanaber wrote: »

@Stoshew71‌ - Sounds like a fun race and a fantastic time on your split! Also love your white and gold running outfit!

My turn to spam with pictures from my beach, rain run this morning

Thanks! LOL I thought everyone would get a kick out of that. hahaha
    It was a fun race. I enjoyed it a lot actually.

Thanks for the pics. I so miss the beach. I used to live like 20 minutes from it when I lived up in NJ.

5 milers are tricky. You gotta run them closer to a 10K effort and really crank up the end. Looks like you hit your lactic threshold right away, and there ain't any recovering from that during a race. Been there, done that :) 5 and 10 milers are my favorite distances.

yes they are. Not a very popular distance race. I have yet to hit a negative split race. hahaha I keep telling myself to do it.

This one is even more trickier. First race of the season and I have no clue what my paces are. I know I improved over the Winter but had no idea by how much. I just went out there and enjoyed it taking no strategy into mind. I went mostly by feel. I felt great. Even towards the end, I wasn't that all bad. I just kicked it way too late. The big motivation was when my buddy goes by me with 30 yards of the finish line in sight. Somehow I found energy to make a sprint towards the finish. Funny how that works out. LOL

But if I took it easier at the beginning, yeah I probably could have done much better overall.

@stoshew71 please complain about the wind today so I don't feel so bad :wink:

wind? what wind? LOL I didn't venture too far out of my neighborhood this morning. Too many aprtment buildings and a Publix must have blocked all that wind from me. :-)

briebee7 wrote: »
    @stoshew71 Love the "white and gold" outfit. lol

hahaha Thanks! :-)

• kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    3/2 - 3.1 miles, treadmill

exercise.png
  • Goal is 60 miles for March

exercise.png
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    I'm having issues with my ticker, but I ran 5 miles of my 20 today. It was so zen with a blanket of snow on the ground and the sun shining overhead. I got so lost in watching the ground pass under my feet that I hit two miles before I knew it. It was just breathing in and out and the beat of my shoes on the pavement, no thought, no worries. Just pure happiness. Why did it take me 30 yrs to figure this out?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    1 - 12mi
    2 - 5mi

Total: 17mi

Mar goal: 275mi

• timetolosewt
    timetolosewt Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in for 30 this month!

exercise.png
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    I'm setting my Goal again at 100 miles, w/ a stretch target of 110. I work a ton of extra hours between now and 4/15 so I just am never sure how this is going to go. February was tough but my 20th consecutive month hitting that minimum standard, and I've averaged about 115 per.

A slow start with only a 4.8 mile Sunday and a gym workout today. I expect to get back out there tomorrow and putting some #'s on the board. Good luck to everyone and thanks to our host again for doing this.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    I'm having issues with my ticker, but I ran 5 miles of my 20 today. It was so zen with a blanket of snow on the ground and the sun shining overhead. I got so lost in watching the ground pass under my feet that I hit two miles before I knew it. It was just breathing in and out and the beat of my shoes on the pavement, no thought, no worries. Just pure happiness. Why did it take me 30 yrs to figure this out?

Lol! Right? I find the cooler runs are so much easier. I don't know why I thought hot days would be better running.

• SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    I'm in for 70. I'm gonna back off a little at the tail of this month after I run a half-marathon. My old knees need a little break.

Here's a good start.

03/01/2015 - 12.01 Miles - Cumulative 12.01

Goal 70 Miles

I'll get the ticker up on the next post.