Options
    Posting late

3/1 1.34 miles (I'm so out of shape)

exercise.png
  • eshults89
    eshults89 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

exercise.png

3/2: 8 miles. Supposed to be snowy/icy tomorrow. Only planned to do 5 miles, so decided to do extra just in case!
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @fabnine, the thrill in running is pretty recent. Actually, I hated running and earlier attempts never made it past the beginning "work" stage before I would find something different to entertain me. The thing that changed is that my sister is into running and wanted company for a half marathon and I was like, sure. Why not? And then the hubby laughed and shook his head.....

Naturally, I have something to prove now. I know I can do it, and I'm ready to rub his face in his doubt. This turned "work" into a challenge, and then right into a passion. I'm pacing the floors and peeking out the windows every few minutes when it snows, checking the weather reports several times a day to make sure my schedule remains good, I'm even dreaming about it.

But today's run was the first trance-like one where the world just disappeared and there was no road before or after me, just the ground underneath me. So I think it's a sign that I've caught the run bug pretty bad. Don't know what I'm going to do when I get put on a walking restriction in a week. :'(
  • knight810
    knight810 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • alittle715
    alittle715 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'll give it a shot, 60 miles.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    @fabnine, the thrill in running is pretty recent. Actually, I hated running and earlier attempts never made it past the beginning "work" stage before I would find something different to entertain me. The thing that changed is that my sister is into running and wanted company for a half marathon and I was like, sure. Why not? And then the hubby laughed and shook his head.....

Naturally, I have something to prove now. I know I can do it, and I'm ready to rub his face in his doubt. This turned "work" into a challenge, and then right into a passion. I'm pacing the floors and peeking out the windows every few minutes when it snows, checking the weather reports several times a day to make sure my schedule remains good, I'm even dreaming about it.

But today's run was the first trance-like one where the world just disappeared and there was no road before or after me, just the ground underneath me. So I think it's a sign that I've caught the run bug pretty bad. Don't know what I'm going to do when I get put on a walking restriction in a week. :'(

@Nottafattie I love that his doubt became your motivation.

You will feel that peace again, maybe not with every run but it will return. You'll also feel so high you'll swear you can run forever or at least to the edge of the earth. There will be runs when your legs feel like lead and your muscles will ache and you'll actually love it, and then think 'what is wrong with me that I'm enjoying this misery.' There will be days that you just went out for a quick five miles and fifteen miles later you'll realize you somehow forgot to stop running at five.
    You may even get the opportunity to run with someone who's never run before or is new to running and it will drive you insane to slow way back down to that newbie crawl, but you will. You'll run as slow as you possibly can to support them and teach them the love of the run. Hopefully you'll be running at their side the day that they too discover 'I'm really running and I really love this.'

Next week when you're on walking restriction, you will follow your doctors instructions to the letter because you'll know the joy that waits for you six weeks out when you're cleared to run again and you won't jeopardize that run for anything. You'll check in here to cheer for your fellow runners as they post big and small victories. Here you'll see who else is aching to run and can't, because of injuries, illness, horrible weather or crazy schedules. You won't be the only one on the sidelines. You are a runner. You are connected invisibly, vicariously to all of us. We understand, because we also run.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    March Goal 75 miles

3/1 rest
    3/2 2.34 run, then I lifted and carried 25 60#bags of cement to help DH build an observation deck...

Total 2.34

(Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png

• littleaudrey85
    littleaudrey85 Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    3/2: 2 miles running on treadmill, plus 1/2 mile walk but I don't count any walking.

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    fabnine wrote: »

@Nottafattie I love that his doubt became your motivation.

You will feel that peace again, maybe not with every run but it will return. You'll also feel so high you'll swear you can run forever or at least to the edge of the earth. There will be runs when your legs feel like lead and your muscles will ache and you'll actually love it, and then think 'what is wrong with me that I'm enjoying this misery.' There will be days that you just went out for a quick five miles and fifteen miles later you'll realize you somehow forgot to stop running at five.
    You may even get the opportunity to run with someone who's never run before or is new to running and it will drive you insane to slow way back down to that newbie crawl, but you will. You'll run as slow as you possibly can to support them and teach them the love of the run. Hopefully you'll be running at their side the day that they too discover 'I'm really running and I really love this.'

Next week when you're on walking restriction, you will follow your doctors instructions to the letter because you'll know the joy that waits for you six weeks out when you're cleared to run again and you won't jeopardize that run for anything. You'll check in here to cheer for your fellow runners as they post big and small victories. Here you'll see who else is aching to run and can't, because of injuries, illness, horrible weather or crazy schedules. You won't be the only one on the sidelines. You are a runner. You are connected invisibly, vicariously to all of us. We understand, because we also run.

^^^^ :heart: THIS - perfectly said @fabnine‌!
  • rnjcb
    rnjcb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options

These are some of the most peaceful individual minutes attainable - they come for me in glimpses and are precious than anything tangible. I don't think everyone experiences it - and it is a lifelong thing, so consider the walking restriction temporary, keep yourself healthy and look forward to many more years of finding serenity in running. xo
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I want to join! My goal for the month of March is 85 miles.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @fabnine - your post to @nottafattie -- wow, just wow. :)

March 1 - 5K - 3rd place in my age group. Not my best time, but happy with it! 29:07
    March 2- rest
    March 3- 5.05 miles :)

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for March

3/1 6.5 miles - 6.5 <<<< 1.5 w/u plus 8K race
    3/2 5 miles - 11.5
    3/3 8 miles - 19.5

exercise.png

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    DATE...................... MILES...............TOTAL
    3/3...........................5.25....................5.25

It's messed up that I was happy that it was all the way up to 9F this morning for my run. I am done with this winter running crap.

exercise.png

• lippiestickmama
    lippiestickmama Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll join (even though I'm late!)and aim for 30
  • lippiestickmama
    lippiestickmama Posts: 15 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    DATE...................... MILES...............TOTAL
    3/3...........................5.25....................5.25

It's messed up that I was happy that it was all the way up to 9F this morning for my run. I am done with this winter running crap.

exercise.png

I'm jealous of your chart and might steal it. J/S ;)
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Posting late, but here goes:

exercise.png

Another 2.5 miles after work today. :) Florida Beach 5k March 22! B)