March 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Stoshew71: Alright Stan.. I'm finally starting to come back. Put me down for 140 miles this month. I'm not even going to mention my ambitious cycling goal :smile:

03/01 -- REST DAY
    03/02 -- 5.25 miles
    03/03 -- Haven't ran.. Yet.

@CodeMonkey78 The impossible running man is back!!! I'm so excited to see you here again!
    You have to mention the outrageous cycling goal.
    @ddmom0811 logs her cycling miles here too, she goes out for some incredibly long rides. Well, I'm not a cyclist so I think they're incredible. :)
    Welcome Back friend!
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    March 1: 5 miles Tread mill
    March 2: 5 miles ™
    March 3: 2 miles ™ + strength

March Miles: 12
    Miles to Goal: 68
    Goal: 80

exercise.png
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    03/03 - 6.2km
    04/03 - 8.59km

exercise.png

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71 : lovely white-gold outfit ;-D Sounds like an exiting race you ran!

@johnsonnelly : Some strength training as an addition to running sounds like a good plan. Just out of curiosity, what exactly is it that you brought home? I thought Bowflex was a company that produce all kinds of fitness stuff, or does the name actually stand for a specific kind of machine or weights? I just have a suspension trainer at home for strengthening exercises, so I'm kind of clueless about what's out thre.

@shanaber: lovely photos! The dogs look like they are having a great time.

@Nottafattie - that's a fun ticker, doesn't hurt to see something new every now and then :)

@ShortMrsN : wow, 3rd day of the month, and you already have 28% of your goal done!
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    3/1 - 3.1 on the treadmill (see what I did there...)
    3/2 - Rest
    3/3 - 5.1 - got an outdoor run in before the ice hits again

exercise.png

@Nottafattie‌ - if you keep up that pace, you're gonna have to up that mileage goal. :)
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    [quote="_nikkiwolf_;31534611
    @ShortMrsN : wow, 3rd day of the month, and you already have 28% of your goal done![/quote]

I know!! :smiley:
    I set my goal low as I haven't been feeling great about my running and mentally struggling with going the distances I had before I hurt my leg, but this morning I pulled up my big girl pants, kicked myself in the butt and turned left instead of right at the fork in the path. Completed the full loop I was doing last year and felt good at the end :) No more excuses!!

• JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    1--- 6mi
    2--- REST DAY
    3--- 8mi

Done: 14/220mi goal
  • knight810
    knight810 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    3/1, 2.2 miles, snowshoe (not counting as running miles)
    3/2, 5.0 miles, treadmill (C'mon spring, I want off this treadmill!)
    3/3, 6.0 miles, outside!!! It was cold, wet and icy but worth it! ;)

11 miles total; 100 miles goal
  • zombiebrandy0112
    zombiebrandy0112 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Goal: 65 miles

3/1: 6.38 miles, 11:42 pace, snow covered sidewalks but beautiful day!
    3/2: REST
    3/3: 3.01 miles, 10:52 pace, in a misty, cold rain - LOVED it!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ya! My winter x-small running pants came! :( I had to try them on and they are acceptable. I mean a little tight... But I'm hoping to lose the roll. So, don't think I'll send them back. They are still super comfortable.

I came up on a few deer on my run. They let me get rather close as long as I was moving. If I stopped they got a bit nervous.

4 miles today. And my Garmin says I have a new VO2 max of 36.. Slowly getting there.

20150303_173642_zpsaafukzwh.jpg
    exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    I know this is a running challenge. I had a very long work day yesterday, so all I could manage was a 4 mile walk fast-paced uphill. If I count it, puts me at 14 miles, so far. Maybe I can catch up with actually running miles later.

Miles are miles. Stick around and they'll make a runner out of you..
  • alittle715
    alittle715 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    alittle715 wrote: »
    I'll give it a shot, 60 miles.

3/3-3 miles

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    So LOL- just tossing this out here for you all to laugh at me and appreicate my problems.

Offically started my "I need to cut" running plan beginning of Feb. so- 3ish weeks and change- because I do "late week" cardio.

Bestie (in NC) and I are already planning either a shorter (10 mile) trail run- or a 1/2 marathon after May.
    What in the Fckity fickiables is wrong with me.

LULZ. apparently nothing is "in moderation"... DO ALL THE THINGS!!! ALL THE TIME!!!!
  • eshults89
    eshults89 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

exercise.png

3.3: 3 mile jog with dogs in morning, 5.5 mile run at lunch, 1.2 mile pack walk in evening
  • lippiestickmama
    lippiestickmama Posts: 15 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    3 easy miles this evening.
    exercise.png
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    So LOL- just tossing this out here for you all to laugh at me and appreicate my problems.

Offically started my "I need to cut" running plan beginning of Feb. so- 3ish weeks and change- because I do "late week" cardio.

Bestie (in NC) and I are already planning either a shorter (10 mile) trail run- or a 1/2 marathon after May.

LULZ. apparently nothing is "in moderation"... DO ALL THE THINGS!!! ALL THE TIME!!!!
    You will be fine if you can remember just a couple of things:
    1. Squats are NOT acceptable pre-race warm-ups.
    2. Neither are deadlifts.
    3. Do not drink all the things the night before the race.
    4. Do not drink most of the things the night before the race.
    5. Do not ask the runner in front of you for a spot if you start getting tired.
    6. Do not drive your shoulder into any runner to cross ahead of her at the finish.
    7. Do not get all Jersey on the little grandma that passes you effortlessly at mile 6.
  • cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

You will be fine if you can remember just a couple of things:
    1. Squats are NOT acceptable pre-race warm-ups.
    2. Neither are deadlifts.
    3. Do not drink all the things the night before the race.
    4. Do not drink most of the things the night before the race.
    5. Do not ask the runner in front of you for a spot if you start getting tired.
    6. Do not drive your shoulder into any runner to cross ahead of her at the finish.
    7. Do not get all Jersey on the little grandma that passes you effortlessly at mile 6.

Lol! This whole thing made me giggle! Love it.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

LOL as a Jersey Girl, I can tell you it's always okay to go Jersey when needed :-)