March 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Going to try a new ticker because the last one is giving me fits.

1194aaf192bb80c.gif

• SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm a little late to this party, but I'm in for 100 miles this month. 1st marathon is exactly 2 months out!

-3/1- 14 miles (on the treadmill
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    DATE...................... MILES...............TOTAL
    3/3...........................5.25....................5.25

It's messed up that I was happy that it was all the way up to 9F this morning for my run. I am done with this winter running crap.

seriously- I just started running and I'm like- why- why did I start running again in the winter. WTF is this *kitten*.

being said- I like the cold air- not liking the whole soaking shoes and almost dying on the ice. that's just rubbish.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    seriously- I just started running and I'm like- why- why did I start running again in the winter. WTF is this *kitten*.

Lol... you do it because that's just who you are. You would verbally abuse yourself if you waited to start running until it was all warm and fuzzy out. That would be like skipping squats so you could take a Zumba class.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Lol... you do it because that's just who you are. You would verbally abuse yourself if you waited to start running until it was all warm and fuzzy out. That would be like skipping squats so you could take a Zumba class.

indeed. needs to be done- no sense waiting.

lulz... sacrilege- skipping squats for zumba.

(speaking of hahahaha- the lady who used to do zumba at our dance studio said her doctor called her an athlete- I chuckled)
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1194aaf192bb80c.gif

3/2 = 5.09 miles
    3/3 = 3.11 miles

You know that little voice in your head that says, "Just a little more! You can do it!" Am I like the only person that has to tell that voice to shut up before I hurt myself? I want to do more, it's just not wise to. I find myself bargaining with myself. Okay, cut the run to 3 miles this morning and if you still want to run more in the evening, we'll do more.
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

3/1... 3.5... 3.5
    3/2... 6... 9.5
    3/3... 6... 15.5

15.5 done/160 goal
  • Wendy1Fl
    Wendy1Fl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in for 54 this month. Last month I came in 28.6 miles short of my goal, but I am hoping my old spine injury will be better behaved to allow me a lot more consistency in my runs. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!

Tue....3/3...3.04...miles – Pace 9:53
    Mon...3/2...3.01...miles – Pace 11:52 (Training a dog not to act like a maniac on the leash)
    Total: 6.04
    Mar goal: 54 miles; 47.96 to go

exercise.png
    2015 total goal 1074
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    1 - 12mi
    2 - 8.2mi
    3 - 8.2mi

Total: 28.4mi

Mar goal: 275mi
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options

exercise.png

... happy as a clam. (Are clams even happy? Why not a scallop or an oyster?)
  • cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    01- rest sick
    02- rest still sick
    03- 3.6 miles

exercise.png
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Okay, new with this, and just started, so here goes.
    Goal - 75 miles for March
    01-Mar 2.1
    02-Mar 3.1
    03-Mar 3.0

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Wendy1Fl wrote: »

Mon...3/2...3.01...miles – Pace 11:52 (Training a dog not to act like a maniac on the leash)

LOL let me know how that works out, mine loves to go for run, but she also loves to stop everywhere and see everyone.

• chetvr
    chetvr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50 miles! exercise.png
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I know this is a running challenge. I had a very long work day yesterday, so all I could manage was a 4 mile walk fast-paced uphill. If I count it, puts me at 14 miles, so far. Maybe I can catch up with actually running miles later.
  • djasper73
    djasper73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I will take part in this as well...just haven't had time to get the ticker thing figured out yet, but going to set a mileage goal of 40 km for the month of March (sorry to go all Canadian on you with my metric and all ;) )
  • nulife9727
    Options
    exercise.png

2 Mar - 4.13
    3 Mar - 4.11
  • Nati_Jean
    Nati_Jean Posts: 27 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I want to join! I'm in for 35 miles
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71: Alright Stan.. I'm finally starting to come back. Put me down for 140 miles this month. I'm not even going to mention my ambitious cycling goal :smile:

03/01 -- REST DAY
    03/02 -- 5.25 miles
    03/03 -- Haven't ran.. Yet.
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    03 March - 12.3miles (1hr 54mins)