March 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing amazingly well. Yesterday I did 2 mile run and walked 4. Today I ran 4 (mostly) and really was done, but I made myself walk another mile.
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Completed my first 3.5 mile run for March today. 1 down and hopefully a bunch more to go.
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Lol! Right? I find the cooler runs are so much easier. I don't know why I thought hot days would be better running.

Definitely hit a good stride when the temp is between 37 and 43. Any colder than that and my lungs start screaming at me, but there's so few cars and other people out when it's colder that it makes it worth it. So much easier to find that road hypnosis that keeps me from over-thinking everything. That's when my body seems to find the right form and my breathing becomes natural without me trying to force it.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Lol! Right? I find the cooler runs are so much easier. I don't know why I thought hot days would be better running.

Definitely hit a good stride when the temp is between 37 and 43. Any colder than that and my lungs start screaming at me, but there's so few cars and other people out when it's colder that it makes it worth it. So much easier to find that road hypnosis that keeps me from over-thinking everything. That's when my body seems to find the right form and my breathing becomes natural without me trying to force it.

I prefer it when the air is so hot, it feels artificial - I like to be dripping by the end - to the point where my husband hands me a towel and I have to take off my shoes and socks before I walk through the living room, lol. ;)
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    I prefer it when the air is so hot, it feels artificial - I like to be dripping by the end - to the point where my husband hands me a towel and I have to take off my shoes and socks before I walk through the living room, lol. ;)

I had no trouble making my fat cry today, lol. Came back soaked through multiple layers and it was glorious! I am looking forward to losing the extra pounds of winter gear though.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    ^^ :)
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    3/1--- 8 miles, street
    3/2---5.25 miles, mud trail

13.25 miles done/ 145 goal
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    3/1--Rest day
    3/2--3.32 miles(treadmill)

exercise.png

@stoshew71-Nice outfit! Fantastic time! You deserve the Flash t-shirt that my sons and I have been arguing over.

Once again, I'm loving the pictures. The dogs at the beach look like they are having so much fun. I'm envious.
  • cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great start to the month everyone! My month is not starting out how I wanted, my darling husband shared his cold with me and it's settled in my chest. So rest and fluids and hopefully be back at it soon. Keep up the great work, I'll join you all soon!!!
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    03/03 - 6.2km

exercise.png

• RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Lets do this
    (I know I said the same thing last month..but I mean it this time :)
    • 02 - 05.10 miles
    exercise.png
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    01 March 2015: 2.56 miles

02 March 2015: 2.0 miles - just a quick dash today as I run to and from my aerobics class, luckily it's exactly 0.9 miles from my house to the college where the class takes place then I run up and down the Close outside my house, like a right fool, to make it up to 2 miles :)

Lots of good running and/or walking so far everyone - keep it up!

@Stoshew71 great race - well done... I love the eyeballs out feeling of trying to out-sprint someone to the line! Your photo revealed itself reeeeallly slooooowly on my laptop - the suspense was killing me LOL!

exercise.png
  • jnagrl
    jnagrl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    March 1: 6.12 kilometres

exercise.png
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

3/1 - 2.25 miles - walking, and another 2.25 miles - walking
    3/2 - 1 mile - running, 1 mile - walking, and another 2 miles - walking

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Date.......Miles.......Total
    03/01.... 2.00....... 2.00 - Dog Beach run
    03/02.... 5.22....... 7.22 - Fast rain run

exercise.png

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    .in. again. for the uphill cardio battle.

my goal is 2 cardio sessions a week. I am not convinced I have milage goals- But at a minimum 30- maximum around 60 (assuming some combination of 2 and or 5 mile runs weekly).

Really the goal is just 2 cardio sessions a week.

3.2- 2.48 @ 23 min
    (seriously ice conditions- and I need a running jacket- with retroreflectiving piping- so I don't die.) no- for real.
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Strong start everyone! And it's only the 2nd!

@stoshew71 - Bravo on your first race of the year with a kick butt time!! Love the white and gold!

3/1, 2.2 miles, snowshoe (not counting as running miles)
    3/2, 5.0 miles, treadmill (C'mon spring, I want off this treadmill!)

5 miles total; 100 miles goal
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Nottafattie I ran as a teen and young adult so I already knew the absolute bliss of the run, yet I still let my soul do without for several years while I was having babies and mothering small children. It's good to be back to the roads and the trails again. I too am discovering joy in snowy runs, though I'll be ever so grateful for spring.

@4leighbee LOL! After months of below freezing temps I had honestly forgotten about the drenched in sweat, you're not allowed back in the house like that part of summer runs. I'm still campaigning for an outdoor shower.

@ayalowich 20 months of consistent 100+ miles a month is fantastic! I'm especially impressed that you maintained this same mileage all year round no fluctuations for summer's heat or winter's cold. What's your secret?

@SLHysell Hope you knees will recover with rest or a little PT. We've watched you make such great progress here.
  • nulife9727
    Options
    exercise.png

2 Mar - 4.13
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    _Date___ Miles
    Mar 1 ___ 3.5am 7°F + 6.1pm 26°F - it's almost maple sugar weather!
    Mar 2 ___ 5.7 with friends + 3.6 alone

Month total= 18.9 running miles __141.1 remaining__

exercise.png

Current Streak: 190days = 1194.1miles