March 2015 Running Challenge

Replies

• rnjcb
    rnjcb Posts: 86 Member
    exercise.png
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Wouldnt it be cool if we could connect a fitbit exercise tracker to our running tickers. I dont own a fitbit but I like to dream... does anyone have a FitBit? if so how do they work? and are they fun to use? or waste of money
  • Im in For 40 miles. Just starting to run again after many years away.
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    I'd like to join. Unfortunately, I have surgery on the 10th, after which I'm on a strict walking restriction for 6 weeks, but I'll run until then. Hoping to get 20 miles in before the docs put an end to my fun.

exercise.png

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    marekdds wrote: »
    OK, I found you, but it looks like I am out of my class. I will try 25 miles and see what happens. Don't have a clue how to set up a ticker. lol

....the only "class" here is that we all like to run: some of us are turtles (er...honu), and some are hares, and the only one you are competing against is yourself! Welcome aboard!

... stoshew has a nice tutorial for tickers in the first post.

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    I'm going for 60 this month.
    Last month was 50 and I was just a little bit under. January was 55 and I made that one.
    I can't believe I am going for 60. I'd have to look back but I think the first time I went for 30 which was just a few months ago.
    IDK if I'll ever get to the numbers my heroes on here do. :)

exercise.png
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    Goal is 26 miles but I really want to get to 30.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    It's so exciting to see new people joining our "family". Have a great month everyone. B)
  • haysavam
    haysavam Posts: 74 Member
    My goal is 25 miles.
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Aiming for 50km again this month, hoping for more!
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    edited February 2015
    OK - I'm 'IN'...

Have a hilly, half-marathon to run in 3 weeks time, so with the training for that, I'll certainly be running anyway!

March goal set at 105 km (or 65 miles)

exercise.png
  • knight810
    knight810 Posts: 7 Member
    Ok I'm in
    I have not worked out in a long time so don't want to set my self up for failure. I'm in for 25
  • alphonsofl2md
    alphonsofl2md Posts: 13 Member
    Im in for 25 miles
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Declaring for 65 miles again. I discovered last month (and January) that I have to take half marathon training down a notch or I get injury precursors (ie too sore to run the long runs). So I'm just going to see if I can hit 65 again. Half Marathon is on the 29th, and I have a 10K next Saturday.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    My goal is 30 miles. I'm having hernia surgery on the 6th, so we'll see how quickly I can bounce back.

exercise.png
  • HFiit
    HFiit Posts: 8 Member
    I'm joining! Just getting back into consistent running so I'm going to do 40 miles.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited February 2015
    I noticed a photo icon so im trying it out....

Looks like we have about 6 inches of snow/sleet here in southern OK. Husband says 8, but that's just a silly guy measurement... Maybe in the drifts :D

Edit- guess it didn't work... Photo icon is now gone... Ah well.
  • Elise4270
    edited February 2015
    ifixpq6d3sr4.jpg
    Well guess it works for smaller pics from mobile...one of my running inspirations, Kara Goucher.
  • Elise4270
    edited February 2015
    Snow pic.. Aw.. Ok I'll quit. Dang it.
  • In for 30 this month!

exercise.png