Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

March 2015 Running Challenge

Replies

• rnjcb
    rnjcb Posts: 86 Member
    exercise.png
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Wouldnt it be cool if we could connect a fitbit exercise tracker to our running tickers. I dont own a fitbit but I like to dream... does anyone have a FitBit? if so how do they work? and are they fun to use? or waste of money
  • Im in For 40 miles. Just starting to run again after many years away.
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    I'd like to join. Unfortunately, I have surgery on the 10th, after which I'm on a strict walking restriction for 6 weeks, but I'll run until then. Hoping to get 20 miles in before the docs put an end to my fun.

exercise.png

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    marekdds wrote: »
    OK, I found you, but it looks like I am out of my class. I will try 25 miles and see what happens. Don't have a clue how to set up a ticker. lol

....the only "class" here is that we all like to run: some of us are turtles (er...honu), and some are hares, and the only one you are competing against is yourself! Welcome aboard!

... stoshew has a nice tutorial for tickers in the first post.

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,881 Member
    I'm going for 60 this month.
    Last month was 50 and I was just a little bit under. January was 55 and I made that one.
    I can't believe I am going for 60. I'd have to look back but I think the first time I went for 30 which was just a few months ago.
    IDK if I'll ever get to the numbers my heroes on here do. :)

exercise.png
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    Goal is 26 miles but I really want to get to 30.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    It's so exciting to see new people joining our "family". Have a great month everyone. B)
  • haysavam
    haysavam Posts: 74 Member
    My goal is 25 miles.
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Aiming for 50km again this month, hoping for more!
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    edited February 2015
    OK - I'm 'IN'...

Have a hilly, half-marathon to run in 3 weeks time, so with the training for that, I'll certainly be running anyway!

March goal set at 105 km (or 65 miles)

exercise.png
  • knight810
    knight810 Posts: 7 Member
    Ok I'm in
    I have not worked out in a long time so don't want to set my self up for failure. I'm in for 25
  • alphonsofl2md
    alphonsofl2md Posts: 13 Member
    Im in for 25 miles
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,236 MFP Moderator
    Declaring for 65 miles again. I discovered last month (and January) that I have to take half marathon training down a notch or I get injury precursors (ie too sore to run the long runs). So I'm just going to see if I can hit 65 again. Half Marathon is on the 29th, and I have a 10K next Saturday.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    My goal is 30 miles. I'm having hernia surgery on the 6th, so we'll see how quickly I can bounce back.

exercise.png
  • HFiit
    HFiit Posts: 8 Member
    I'm joining! Just getting back into consistent running so I'm going to do 40 miles.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited February 2015
    I noticed a photo icon so im trying it out....

Looks like we have about 6 inches of snow/sleet here in southern OK. Husband says 8, but that's just a silly guy measurement... Maybe in the drifts :D

Edit- guess it didn't work... Photo icon is now gone... Ah well.
  • Elise4270
    edited February 2015
    ifixpq6d3sr4.jpg
    Well guess it works for smaller pics from mobile...one of my running inspirations, Kara Goucher.
  • Elise4270
    edited February 2015
    Snow pic.. Aw.. Ok I'll quit. Dang it.
  • In for 30 this month!

exercise.png