WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2015

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Chris in MA - you think your crispy peanut butter cookies were in indulgence, I went berserk on a whole bag of whopper Robin eggs! I didn't enter them in with my calorie count for the day and I generally don't eat my exercise calories back but if I did I still had over 400 left at the end of the night. it's good to enjoy what you like on occasion but next time I will put them in baggies and have only one serving at a time. Enjoy your weekend.

Yanniejannie - thanks for the advice on the leg cramp I will try that next time. Enjoy your day of gardening!

Janet in Myrtle Beach - Thanks, my legs are a lot better today. I did my cardio for an hour and a half which stretches me out really well. I loved your poem!

GT January - sorry bad memory about your name, glad you are here. Enjoy your day.

DanishgirlBC - welcome, of course you can join in. does BC stand for British Columbia? Sign your post with what you would like to be called, and where you are from so that we can respond to you!

Selena - you have such a wonderful child! And to be cheerful about doing it as well.

Nandern - welcome! I'm with you, free is here hopefully!

Sassy aus Austria - I read up on line last night about magnesium, I know from watching Dr Oz it is good for your body and we usually have epson salt which contains magnesium and use it in our jacuzzi. I didn't know though that until last night that it helps to relieve cramps. maybe that's why I generally don't have them. Nice exercise equipment! I couldn't exercise unless I was able to do it at home.

Cynthia - I am so jealous of all of you women that can get the sticker on the bottom of your posts. I have tried using my cell phone, my Kindle fire, and our computer by logging on to the official site of MFP but even when I click on to the ticker where I would be able to make one it kicks me out back to my homepage. I have tried everything from reloading the app and rebooting computer and phone but to no avail!

Well time for me to start our house ready for sale. have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Chris in MA - I meant I did Enter the calories into my calorie count for the Robin eggs!

Mary from Minnesota
  • SelenaP63
    SelenaP63 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Testing 1 2 3

There's something slightly intimidating about posting my 'progress' ticker. It's kind of like standing in front of you in my underwear… yikes!! It also makes me take my efforts more seriously, because now I'm 'out there' so to speak.

Did I mention how much I adore that there are so many of you from all over the world? So fun and such a neat experience hearing about your lives :D

Thanks Cynthia for showing me the ropes! One last question about the ticker... will it adjust as the weeks go by or will I need to do something special each week to keep it up to date?

Mary Do exactly what Cynthia said for the ticker... it worked like a charm. Oh, and now you're qualified to sing the "Robin Egg Blues" :)

Selena
    Utah

21174409.png
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Beth, NEGA stands for Northeast Georgia.

And it is a glorious day here in NEGA today. Bring on spring! I can feel it!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy sat.Baby and mom are going home today,hope to see her later.
    HUGS
    jane
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Someone gave me credit for lovely flowers. I love the credit, but it is unearned. Someone else posted them.

Vicki: I understand your worries for your grandchildren in the upcoming move. We can’t control our adult children, and that is often frustrating. Thanks for your good thoughts about the VW key. It was a real relief for me, and that is no joke. Replacing it would have cost hundreds. Yikes! Then there is the pride issue. I seldom lose things and thinking I was that careless was really bothering me.

Mary from MN: Darn! I was hoping we’d have a pole-dancer in our group. Not me, of course.

GT January: I’m sorry for my post. I didn’t realize the product you mentioned is vinegar, and I was attempting to let you know about the MFP policies. It is not my rule regarding weight loss products; it is an MFP thing. From time to time people come in and want to promote a product. MFP doesn’t allow that.

Yanniejannie: Baclava cheesecake sounds wonderful. A 94 million dollar endowment would be a tempting target for a con artist. I’m glad the alumni are getting organized to fight for the college.

I’m nowhere near done reading and responding to posts, but DH needs me to work on the DS’s boat trailer. Have a great day!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep.

30881843.png

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies.
    the Electrician has been here since 9 this morning, I feel so bad, for everything he did it was one step forward 2 steps back.. and he is still working hard,
    Called and re scheduled Contractor for bathroom as it would put to much stress with the DH and electrician they are coming next weekend.
    I am tired already and I havent done alot,

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Selena - it just doesn't work for me! I do everything and when I press ticker it brings me back to my homepage. I guess I'll have to be ticker less!

Katla from beautiful Oregon - no pole dancing for me, but I'm sure my DH would have liked the idea!

Grandmallie - good luck on your remodel!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    stats for yesterday:
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.51min, 14.9mph 3mi =105c
    ski machine- 35min, 7incline, 15-35resistance, 1.66mi = 259c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.03min, 16.8amph, 1.4mi = 78c
    ride dome 2 hm- 14.38min, 10.7amph, 2.7mi = 176cal
  • pipcd34
    Options
    today's stats:
    rowing machine- 15min, 89aw, 2898meters ( 1.80miles)
    jacobs ladder- 15min, 53ftpmin, 974feet
    jog- 15min, 8.56ap, 6.5-7.3sp, 1.68mi
    jump single leg, scissors, etc- 15min
    total 630cal.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    cynthia- yeah, we have wooden floors. i am aware of those anti skid things for the nails of their paws. we have throw rugs throughout. i put carpet thingy's on the stairs so they won't slip going up and down the stairs, especially bullwinkle (the oldest).

thanks yannie (or it think it was you) that loves the pics of my kids, they melt my heart too. :0) . still kept my 2 lbs off below my goal weight, will go for 2 more, i'll take my time about it, no rush, i'm already below my goal weight anyway. yesterday didn't post my stats cuz i met up with an old friend who too me for a ride in her new volkswagon bug, i have a classic (1971) and she has a new one. that one has some kick to it! all in all, think i prefer mine, warts n all.

oh, if anybody wants me as a friend, just request, i'll accept IF i like you... LOLOLOL. jk
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    dia_nruf wrote: »
    Chris: Where in MA do you live? Please let us know if you like the stores you visit today. I am in MA often as we have an office in Winchester.
    I live in Burlington and work in Gloucester. It's a gift to be able to see the ocean every day. Winchester is very close to home.
    Shopping trip not too fruitful but that's typical of thrift store shopping. Got a couple of pairs of jeans though, the ones I have are getting too big. Yeah!!
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Chris in MA - I meant I did Enter the calories into my calorie count for the Robin eggs!

Mary from Minnesota
    I didn't tell you about the 1/2 LARGE bag of m&ms I ate last week though!

Chris in MA
  • dia_nruf
    dia_nruf Posts: 112 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    vqekdu1hbd3c.jpg
    Went on a wonderful walk with hubby at the beach. Boy was it cold!

Beth in Kennebunk ME
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Younger son's taxes done. Working on mine and husband's ... almost done with the federal but for a missing piece of information regarding a stock sale ... gonna owe this year big time ... lost the 1000.00 child credit when younger son turned 17 on December 20th! Phlebbt!

Eating too much while I'm doing this stuff. Bad habit. Sigh.

Oh yeah ... it's snowing here again ... another Phlebbt!

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Stopping buy to check in on everyone - yup you are doing fine.

Worked in the basement this morning...Thanks to DS#2 and DGS we finished the baseboards in bedroom #1and laid the vinyl floor tiles in bedroom #2. DGS is having a nap - it was tough on the little guy helping with all that measuring and hammering and hauling stuff around. Sent DH and DS#2 ice fishing and I am watching the Tim Horton's Brier (curling for those that don't follow curling) Saskatchewan is playing Team Canada.

But better go and do some box moving before I have too much help and don't know where anything is.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    SelenaP63 wrote: »
    Thanks Cynthia for showing me the ropes! One last question about the ticker... will it adjust as the weeks go by or will I need to do something special each week to keep it up to date?

It will stay up to date!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Back from the party. A family member brought me home. <3

Had a great time, but too much to drink! ! ! ! !

Love Heather. UK
    27681614.png
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sunday and my Rest and Re-feed day. Going for a drive.
    Please do NOT be jealous of my clean house. I would give anything for Mildred beagle to be well and running through the house scattering her hairs everywhere and sitting in front of my asking for a cookie. All I have is the coloured solar light on her grave and memories. I walk through our paddocks, so quiet without her running and woofing at things, and want to cry still.
    Has been raining lots as it is autumn and winter to come, but we do not get snow here.
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Chris in MA - love the m& ms I probably would not have stopped!

Bwcetc - we have not even started yet! Hopefully we won't owe too much! We try to owe a little. We don't like the government having our money.

Lillian - love curling. Are you familiar with Bemidji Minnesota? A lot of the people up here make the Olympic team. We have a tournament there on the 19th.

Heather - glad you enjoyed your party!

Lesley - (((hugs)))

Pipcd34 - can I be your friend?

Have a great evening everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    Options