WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2015

Options

Replies

• pam_felt
    pam_felt Posts: 6
    Options
    Good Afternoon ladies! I'm just checking in for today, not much to say. Resetting the Basset helped for getting up earlier but not for getting me out in the front room to exercise! Maybe tomorrow!

Pam in Texas
  • MMinMD
    MMinMD Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    50’s and light rain here in MD. Busy day at work, but left early to get another skin spot removed and checked. Dr visits take up more and more of your time as you age. The “respected elders” in my life do seem to have a lot of days with doc apts.

Beth in ME – fantastic weight loss that, 20 lbs since mid-Jan!

Cynthia – good luck with the interview.

Jan – spring is finally coming here in the mid-Atlantic. Hoping to see daffodils soon.

Sylvia – I love pottery and would love to see pics of your work too. Glad the glycerin worked, and yeah, why couldn’t the hospital try that? I think that no one in health care has time to pay attention to the big picture for a patient any more. They treat the thing on chart that you were admitted for or came to see them about, and can’t really put it all in perspective. Specialty medicine can do amazing things, but they do them in a vacuum. Glad your regular doc had some good ideas.

Mary – nice job on 140. You have put the effort in!

Sassy – “Choose your hard” is doing it for me lately, tks.

Welcome Kathleen,

Di (wow, good work!), love the meme.

Cindy in SoMD

14386427.png

• MMinMD
    MMinMD Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! Where did you all find the tickers that show weight lost AND weight to go?

Tks - Cindy
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Sylvia: I remember that joke and still love it!
    Please take care of yourself. :flowerforyou:

Cynthia
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    Options
    Mary from MN great job on mini-goal.

Sylvia sorry you are still not feeling right. Seems the medical care in this country is to get you barely functioning and then sending you home and leave it up to you to figure out how to heal. We are all pulling for you.

I am feeling better. Just tired.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Wednesday and decided NOT to train. Concious decision not to. Will clean house and go for walk after lunch.
    I was restless last night but then had the strangest dream. I deamt Mildred and I were walking together and happy again, then we came to a gorge with a river in the bottom. I felt Mildred telling me I was NOT allowed to follow her but had a good life to lead still. She then jumped into the gorge, swimming under water and I heard her doggy laugh. Then I slept peacefully until 9am.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    "I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov
    -
    I have posted this quote a few times before and often I get responses from people who don't dance or can't dance or don't like to dance. The reason I like the quote is that it reminds me to compete against myself, not others. There are so many of you who bike, run, or swim and I do none of those things. If I compare myself to any of you, I will always fall short. I walk many thousands of steps every day and for some of you, that is a challenge that you can't meet, but if you challenge yourself to walk more steps each day than you did last month, then you have a great chance of success.

I am still a few steps short of my step goal for today but I can walk the dogs out back while Jake is on the phone with his friend who calls every Tuesday night. I did my strength training this morning and rode the exercise bike while watching figure skating this afternoon. I am so happy to be home doing my normal stuff. :D

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif Barbie from NW Washington 2157045gp85zev8ri.gif
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. Wasn't I here yesterday? There are 98 new posts since I was last here. Bought some new clothes today, same size, but fun anyway and 4 pairs of shoes. My A1C was 6; not bad since my exercise is so limited! I want it under 6, but hey I'll take it. I'm exhausted because I haven't slept in 2 days, so I'm going to bed early. Take care all, healing thoughts and prayers to those who need them and high fives to all around! Meg
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi friends -
    Well I wasn't keeping up with all of you through the weekend and found 196 posts when I checked in this afternoon! I am caught up through page 16 now - not much ability to make individual comments.

Sylvia - You are having such an ordeal. I hope you will slow down and take time to heal. You are in my prayers. Please let us know how you are doing. We all love you.

Pip - thanks for the doggy pics. I love seeing them.
    Michele and Sylvia - thanks for inspiring me with reports of your baking and cooking.
    Mary - I am so glad you have your home gym equipped now.
    Sharon - enjoyed your words about "just for today" - very meaningful
    Cary - ditto on the quote from Helen Keller
    Barbie - glad you had a good trip

Thanks to those of you who are sharing your story. I'll get mine together one of these days. I lost 1.6 last week. Had 3 straight losses on my weigh-ins. I see my endocrinologist tomorrow. Planning on a good report!

Hugs to those of you with family issues. I know this pain, too.

Woo!Hoos! to those of you with losses and victories!

Love to you all!

TNToni
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I just want to see my new ticker. My weight hasn't stabilized since the hospital, but I'm claiming it anyway. I need the mental boost.

I've been sitting, listening to an audiobook, and I'm bored senseless!

Cindy, as soon as the bowls are done I'll take some pictures and post them. I can't wait to see the kids bowls!

45477098.png}
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,671 Member
    Options
    stats for the day, the ride home helped burn more:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.11min, 14.5mph 3mi
    rope pull- 25min, 70ftpmin, bottom setting, 2338ft
    jump- 4min, single/double, running in place
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.01min, 14.2amph, 1.4mi
    ride wk 2 hm- 49.53min, 12amph 10mi
    815 total calories
  • SelenaP63
    SelenaP63 Posts: 61 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lesley I'm glad you had the dream of Mildred and that you had a peaceful sleep. And I'm glad you have such precious memories to relive.

Sylvia Glad you posted your ticker... you've done so amazing. I hope you're able to get your health issues sorted out sooner than later.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Gilad's 45/45 split routine since we have the Newcomer general meeting. This is the one where we will be voting on the new officers for next year. Thank goodness this is about over!

Rummikub tonight. Glad I switched with another gal and had it last month instead of this month! We had mahjongg here last night, tomorrrow is the general meeting, then Thursday we go out to lunch with the Newcomers, and then Friday is the magical evening. I'm heading it, instead of a gala that they've had every year (which was going downhill), I contracted with a magician. Got a ballroom at the Crowne Plaza. I do wish more people would be coming. Maybe they're thinking that there's going to be a gala.

Joyce
    - I never knew that on a clear liquid diet you can't eat anything like sugar free jello. Well, no problem here, when I had my colonoscopy jello was one of the few things I could eat so I made sure I had the real stuff

Alison - Feel better fast

Di - Hi! Love all you're doing

Sylvia - I'm concerned. Please, please take care of yourself. Why do you hate taking potassium? You are certainly NOT making too much out of this.

Kathleen - welcome! Come in often for lots of support

Mary - congrats on meeting your goal. That's wonderful

spicycanchaser - welcome!

katla - have a great lunch. What are you getting?

Just came back from playing Rummikub. Had 2 of the mini quiches I brought, the snacks were mainly carrots, cauliflower, 2 pieces of dark chocolate (reminded me a lot of the Nibmor so that's what I logged. Same size and everything.) Strawberries, bananas, just had water to drink.

Lesley - I had a strange dream, too. This morning I had to ask Vince if Jessica lost her job or did I dream it. Seems I dreamt it. Your dream sounds lovely.

Toni - congrats on the consistent loss

Michele in NC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Marking my place for tomorrow.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @exermom‌ Your magical night sounds like a lot of fun. Makes me wish I were going.

Goodnight from Texas
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Janet in Myrtle Beach SC: Your prayers for rain here in our part of the country are needed and welcome. Where does your DD live in Southern Oregon? My mom was a Janet. It is a pretty name.

Sylvia: Congratulations on a 130 lb loss! Your ticker should be lit up in neon! I’ve seen the ship joke before with a slightly different wording. The ship was US and the light house was Canadian. :bigsmile: I am glad you followed through with the doctor. I hope the test results are positive. I spent a number of years commuting to work while listening to audiobooks. I haven’t bought a new one in ages but made an exception when Written in My Own Heart’s Blood, by Diana Gabaldon, was released. I bought the book, read it then bought the audio and listened to it. I love her books and Davina Porter, her reader.

MN Margaret: I’m glad you’re feeling better. I hope you’ll get the rest you need.

Barbie: I’m glad to hear that you’re home and happy.

Meg: According to DH, who has been a diabetic for fifty years, an A1C of 6 is “pretty perfect.” Congratulations!

Pipcd: Your exercise stats are impressive. I hope you’re truly feeling better and not pushing too hard when rest is warranted.

I had lunch with my cousin this afternoon and it was grand. We talked about things that are affecting us now and about the past. I’m glad she’s moved back to the area. This evening I spent time getting ready for our trip to visit DD. I got some things organized, but there is still a lot to do. We have all day tomorrow to finish packing. I’m planning to spend some quality time at the gym. It will have to hold me for a while. Then I’ll pack.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep.

30881843.png
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mary from MN: Congrats!! Well done youuuuuuuuuuuu! :D

Chris in MA: I wear ear muffs too! That's the only part that ever really gets cold on me. Plus they never mess up a hair do! :D

Yannie: I'm always down for a girls day! Spontaneous trips. One of my favorite things to do is hop on the train and go explore a new city around me. I love window shopping and walking about looking at the historic buildings. Enjoy a coffee at an out door cafe and people watch. Favorite Day trip activity.

For the first year I lived here, before I learned any German, my husband MADE me carry a card that said; If lost please return to his name address and cell phone number!! I only had to use that card once. LOL

Janet:
    "Just to get in baggy spring clothes sounds pretty exciting at the moment. "

HaH! Toss on a ginormous sunhat or thin headband, an over sized belt, and some sandals... Ta-Da!! The Boho ( Bohemian ) Look my favorite!! :D

Toni: 3 straight losses Awesome!!

Katla: Isn't it wonderful to spend time with people we enjoy. :D Just makes everything better! How is Mr. Man the hubby doing now? Is he enjoying his time at the Gym?

Alex has been home in bed since last Friday. We've been so careful so that he doesn't get me sick too but wouldn't you know ... his first day of going back to work and my nose is stuffed up so bad!! :s I am calling it allergies cuz I don't get sick! Though having said that, I'm pretty sure some vitamin C and little extra Zinc couldn't hurt for the next couple of days. ;)

We are suppose to be getting some bad weather later today lasting through to the weekend. So While the birds are just beginning their morning songs I am getting out while the getting is good! :D Rest well lady loves Sassy's got these streets covered while you sleep!

Sincerely,
    Sassy aus Austria
    • If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

• Being Fat is Hard.
    Losing Weight is Hard.
    Maintenance is Hard.

Choose Your Hard.

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michele, the reason about the jello on a clear liquid diet is that the very few foods you are allowed have to really count as far as nutrition ridden calories, carbs and protein. So with diet jello all you are doing is putting something clear in your stomach but that is all. You are right, when I had my colonoscopy I lived on gatorade, regular jello, popsicles, yucky broth and the first one I had they allowed me to have a beverage like Boost.

Sylvia, you are not making to much of all this. A bowel obstruction is a serious thing to be taken seriously. Since your doctors didn't take it to seriously, it is your job to do so. Ask anyone who has had to have a temporary colostomy performed on them because of a bowel obstruction. Or a perforated colon because of it and had a near fatal infection. It is serious. We love you to much, your son needs you, those precious grand kids need you.

Had a very nice lunch with the ones who could come today to our Sunday school lunch. Last time I was there I had the oriental chicken stir fry. I have seen my BIL eat it at Bob Evans and it looked about twice the size of the serving, so I used their entry and said 1/2 portion. It was still a lot of sodium but since I need sodium, I didn't worry that much. But I have really put in the water today. I'm not satisfied with my water intake until my pee is absolutely clear. There were only 6 of us at lunch and we all agreed that it was nice only having a small group since we could all talk to each other more. When the whole class is together at some ones home it is usually two tables and when we have had it at the restaurant before they line the tables in a big line and you can't holler down to the end of the table a friend.

Joyce, Indiana
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Alison - Feel better soon. Head colds are terrible.

Pip - Hope you feel better also. Your determination inspires me.

Sylvia - Your pregnant comment made me laugh. I hope your recovery becomes more pleasant. You are not making too much of this, health is so important.

yanniejannie- I was teased all through school. Sparrow, Birdseed, Olive Oyl and Skeleton were some of the names I was called. Yes, body shaming can happen whether you're skinny or not.

Last night DH had a rage. Seems our house is not clean to his standards, etc., etc. He even broke something. I took DGD and left the house. We went to our little, hidden park. We got home and he was sleeping. He then made reservations for us at the college's culinary course for their feast. It does not excuse what happened. He is finally going to his Dr. and because they have flagged his file the Doc will test him for Alzheimer's . Doctor can't tell me results with out consent. Early onset runs his family and might explain some of the bizarre behaviour that has occurred in the last few years. I am also booking us in for some counselling.
    DD came and helped me haul away some recycling and the donations. She is such a help and I am so lucky to be her Mom. They are still trying to make sense of what happened to DSIL. The HR department is looking into it as there doesn't seem to be just cause. It helped that several people messaged him saying that they just couldn't understand it.
    Tonight I made all the food all together too spicy. I am sure I will pay for this.
    Chico, DH and I all went for a very nice walk around the neighbourhood. People were out and about so it turned into a visiting kind of stroll. Sunset was fabulous.
    Came home and tried to teach Chico something new. He doesn't sit well so we worked on that. Silly dog will give you hugs when asked, can roll over on command but can't seem to sit. He has a new toy. A little mouse that squeaks. He throws it at us so we will play.
    Sharon in Lethbridge ( not even a hoodie required)
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Lesley: what an amazing dream!

Meg: hope you slept.

Sylvia: glad to hear from you. Agree with Joyce and the others!

Sharon: sorry to hear about your problems. It sounds like you are taking the right steps. Re Chico sitting: have you tried just moving a treat backwards above his head? They almost always sit. Then you just keep doing it once in a while while saying “sit”. Is Chico older, though? I know dogs who have trouble sitting because of arthritis.

Woke up too early this morning and was tense. Probably because of the job interview tomorrow. Last night I made a resume, which I haven’t done in years, and I did not enjoy it (kept wondering whether it was done “right”).

Hope we all have a good day.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:

54053224.png