WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2015

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allison: Sending good thoughts your way. It seems that everyone in your family depends on you. It is a compliment and a burden. You are amazing.

Pipcd: How fast does Jacob’s ladder go? It looks like it has the potential to be a huge challenge. Congratulations on losing three more pounds.

Jannie: I hope you’re able to get into the doctor asap. I looked up the condition on line, and it appears to be readily treatable. Others are finding similar information. Sending good thoughts your way.

Sylvia: Good luck with the new doctor. I love today’s joke, poor unsuspecting mailman. Congratulations on wearing jeans again! That is a victory to be happy about. I’m happy that you’re healing enough to tolerate them.

Dia_nuf: I seem to be sick, too. I don’t think I have it as bad as you, though. I caught mine from DD and family. I’d rather lose weight a bit slower than 10 pounds in two weeks. Don’t be disappointed if some of it is water weight and comes back when you start eating and drinking.

Kim: Get your stats taken again when you aren’t under the double load of stress and pressure. If there is still an issue, you’ll know that it needs attention. Sorry for your terrible, horrible, no good, bad day.

Dr. Katie: Back in the day I also watched your favorite shows religiously. I also loved Wagon Train, Maverick, Bonanza and any other “horse opera” I could find. James Garner became my favorite actor of all time.

Janet in Myrtle Beach: You’re right that everything seems expensive these days.

Carey Edmonton: Bob Denver played Maynard G Krebs in Dobie Gillis, and later was Gilligan on Gilligan’s Island. I loved him in every show I that I saw him.

Bwcetc: Congratulations on 10 days of staying on track. Keep up the good work!

Peachstategal: I also loved Route 66 & Surfside 6.

NCCarol: Your medical checkup is full of good news. Yay! I agree with your comments to Alison. She is compassionate and giving. It is a rare gift.

Lillian in W Central Saskatchewan: Thank you for reminding me about Wild Kingdom. I LOVED that show. The Highway Patrol show you’re probably thinking about was CHiPS.

Ellefenton: It is totally okay to think of Gladys Kravits as nosey. That is exactly what she was. The other word that comes to mind is busybody.

This is a weird post, as it actually encompasses several days of replies. I’m still getting over the Colorado Crud I caught from DD and her family. So is DH. I hope I will be well enough for yoga tomorrow. I miss it.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep.

30881843.png

• deborah99
    Options
    Hi to all. deborah from Virginia here, formerly deborah99. Just cancelled online ww and switched to mfp. Just retired and need to figure out a fitness program other than walking my dog. I have a fit bit so it's good they link. Wondering does anyone here use a rebounder?
    Someone said I should join a gym instead

• naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Met some of my goals yesterday. 30 min. On the elipticle done. Ate according to plan - done. Dinner by 6 dinner by 7:30 instead. got dressed but I'm sweat pants & a shirt (not all that nice) No admin., no laundry.

Home for 2 pm webinar then, on the road for 4:30 meeting followed by 7:30 meeting. Breakfast & lunch logged.

Glad to hear about other's success w/eating out. That's a challenge for me and many meeting are during meals.

Naiomi from Massachusetts
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    ellefenton wrote: »
    Oh dear; there's a niggle in my chest from feeling guilty. I've been a RegN working in mental health all my life and the reason I'm off work is depression. In my role of patient (self) advocacy, is it OK if we think of Gladys Kravitz as pathologically nosey instead of crazy?

We always called her "nebby" in my neck of the woods ... Pittsburgh-see for mosey!
  • LizPlus
    LizPlus Posts: 117 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello All;
    I haven't been here for a lot of months...and there are a lot of new people.I have had health issues.....I brought my weight up even higher then before :'( ....so now it is time for me to be angry with myself and lose these suffocating lbs. And not put too high of amount of pounds to lose to begin with...begin low and work up I guess....So nice to *see* you all!!

Take Care
    LizPlus++Halifax Canada
    2701911dqit394xgx.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,701 Member
    Options
    katia - the jacobs ladder goes as fast as you want it to. you snap it onto your waist. it has a measurement belt on there where you adjust it to your height. you start stepping up on it and it starts going. it's attached to a pully that goes in the machine that is attached to your belt. so the faster you wanna go, you start stepping higher and that makes it goes faster.
  • snowdoggy
    snowdoggy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Just Checking In. It's 2:20 in the afternoon and i feel like I am ready for a nap. Deciding on whether to take my 15 minute work break reading or walking. I'd rather be sleeping. I think I'm doing pretty well with my diet and exercise. I have been keeping up the 6 days a week at the gym and logging into MFP. I'll find out on April 17th how much weight I have lost when I go to my arthritis doctor. I definitely see a loss in my upper body; it's the bottom part that is the problem. I have had to start wearing a belt with my jeans. Lose weight or not I am on a journey. Reading all of the posts is a huge help and keeps me on track.

Thanks and Blessings to all,
    Snowdoggy
    Baltimore, MD
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Deborah99 - I have a mini trampoline. A friend told me a rebounder folds in half... learned something new I didn't know there was a difference. I checked on You Tube for videos on exercises for a rebounder. Very interesting. I can jog on mine and I use 2 lb hand weights. I can get my exercise in and take in a TV show at the same time. I live in the country and I don't have time to go to gym.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    LizPlus - Hi, and welcome back....I seen all the snow pictures this morning on the weather network. Terrible amount of snow!! and when it melts all that water has to go somewhere too.... oh dear oh dear.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Deborah from Virginia - It is mho (my humble opinion) that you should get exercise in whatever manner suits your life and lifestyle. If I plan on working out at home, I will find a way to NOT work-out. But since there is a Fitness Center in my building, I make myself do at least 10 minutes during my lunch hour. If I start making excuses, someone at work will call me out on it, and I will walk across the hall and get on a bike or something. I own several work-out and yoga DVD's that are collecting dust. However, I see many people posting here that are very successful at working out at home, or from home. I hope you quickly find what works for YOU ! ! ! :)

Sylvia - the outfit(s) for DGD sound amazing. I hope you post some pictures. I love decorating clothing, but it never turns out like I hope, unless DD does it for me.

LizPlus - I am a fan of baby steps. Setting my goals too high is a recipe for failure. keep up the good work. :D

Hope everyone is able to make wise choices today. Hugs to ALL ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,

Went to Macy's Art in Bloom. Stunning. It will also be in some other major cities like Chicago, New York, Philadelphia. If you get a chance to go worth it. Of course they combine my two favorites art and flowers. The first image is at the entrance.l8s0u9f4218n.jpg

This is using a modern painting as inspiration.
    vpilm86okl6t.jpg

This one is using cubism as inspiration
    j7ddv17o4851.jpg
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    Now it is beginning to feel like spring.dn8z46dq1dhu.jpg

A close up from Art and Bloom.
  • diane0123
    diane0123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm pretty new to this site and would like to be a part of this community. I'm still learning my way around here so I hope I am posting correctly lol! Good luck to all!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Good day ladies. I am way behind on reading but will do what I can to catch up. Friday evening they life flighted my mom to Kearney. That is about 45 miles from here. So I have spent the last 4 days at the hospital. I came to work today and will go over soon as I get off. Her O2 levels are way down and blood pressure and blood surgars are high. Both lungs are full of infection. Friday night and Saturday were bad days. But we are hoping the worst is behind us. Not impressed with the nursing staff. First night they are talking about putting mom a vent to rest her lungs, the nurse says "You don't want to do that as last patient I put on vent I tore off their vocal chords. Then yesterday the aide comes in to do a bed bath. She takes all the covers and her gown off. Mom said she was cold and the aide said this will not take long, then used cool water. So the rest of the day my sister (who is a nurse) and I took care of mom and got her up to the bathroom and chair as needed. Thank each of you for your care and concern. I am so proud to be a part of this group.

Sharon--sending HUGS

Allison--You are worth so much and I value your friendship

Cynthia--What a nice thing to do.

Katla--Happy b-lated 45th anniversary. That is something to be proud of!!!!

Heather--You have every right to be proud of who you are. Maybe she is just tired and alittle depressed. I know I am that way sometimes and so grateful for my friend who never gives up on me. I know how it is with kids and their money. My DS and DDIL the last couple years have bought new car and new pickup. Paid more then I did for my house. But I am working on remembering it's their money to spend the way they want. Doesn't mean I don't worry, just don't say anything,

I am only up to page 37 but running out of time for today. Going to go over to the hospital when I get off and when I talked to my sister this morning they both had had a good night. Been a B###of a day at work. Several people have come up and asked why I didn't apply for the job. I just tell them no comment. Then the boss that is retireing said I am the lucky one as I do not have to put up with the hassles of being in charge. REALLY!!
    Have a good night.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    Crazy here with selling the house. Our closing date is May 4 but we will actually pick up and leave the first week in June. Kids are arriving June 2 to help load and drive. DD is looking at a potential place for us in Snohomish this evening. I am both anxious and excited. Katla this place is 5 acres and has a 9-stall horse barn with an arena. It would sure be fun to have our horses right on the property.

Allison - It takes a very special talent to work with the older folks. I do not have that patience or talent. I am very glad there are people like you in this world who do.

Sylvia - Glad you seem to be making a good recovery. The bowls were awesome.

Cheryl - Good to see you back. My horse probably thinks a lot like yours. LOL

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD
  • bwcetc
    Options
    Vicki.... praying for your mom ... (hugs)

Margaret... lovely photos!

Diane0123 .... welcome!

Just checking in.

Beth in WNY
  • bwcetc
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    ellefenton wrote: »
    Oh dear; there's a niggle in my chest from feeling guilty. I've been a RegN working in mental health all my life and the reason I'm off work is depression. In my role of patient (self) advocacy, is it OK if we think of Gladys Kravitz as pathologically nosey instead of crazy?

We always called her "nebby" in my neck of the woods ... Pittsburgh-see for mosey!

OK ... so I've not figured out the iPhone auto correct ... nebby was used for nosey in Pittsburgh... Pittsburgh-ese.

Beth
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Wednesday here.
    I am going for my 2 mile walk this afternoon. Training today is Wii Biggest Loser weigh-in, Jeannettes Circuit B (Back/Bis/Inner thighs for weights) Jeannette's cardio Dance for cardio.
    Food is 1595, all OK and healthy choices
    The thing is when you have more muscle you can eat more. YES I eat ice cream and treats, fish and chips after shopping.
    The more you work out the more you can eat and enjoy.
    Brian had been on holiday and glad I saw him Monday. Good to know visceral fat is going, but need to walk more and MORE cardio
    Seeing doctor Thursday afternoon for new scripts and chat about how i felt about Mildred beagle and how i could only walk and weep.
    I only train at home these days, better than heaving big weights at my age and have Wii DVDs and equipment
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :D I listened to a podcast on my walk of a woman who had lost over 100 pounds and kept the weight off for over 10 years so far. She said that she found out through her weight loss journey that she had always felt all her emotions as hunger. She couldn't identify feelings with individual names, they all felt like hunger. Today she reminds herself to "feel the feelings" and not rush to cure them with food as though they were hunger.

:D I stayed off the computer until after lunch because I didn't want to read anything about which couple had to leave DWTS. Jake and I watched our recording of the show while we ate our lunch and then I rode the exercise bike while we watched the rest of it. We liked all the stars and knew that we would be disappointed by whoever was voted off. I am inspired by the persistence of the stars and how hard they practice and how they have an attitude of never giving up.

:'( Vicki, sorry to hear about your mom.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Whew...I finally caught up with all the posts. Congrats to all those achieving their goals, hugs to all those needing one and welcome to all the newbies.

The show with the airboat was called The Everglades- he was a police officer of some sort.

Does anyone remember what the name of the show is called where there were 2 astronauts (I think) and they crashed landed back in prehistoric times. I seem to remember some of the theme song " Its about time, it's about space, about 2 men in the strangest place"...but can't remember the name of the show.

Yannie - sorry about the diagnosis, here's hoping you get in for surgery quickly.

Thanks for the suggestions on managing rest and on other ways to say "No".

Thought for the day: Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light. - Helen Keller

Carey in Edmonton