"Can't you just be normal?"

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    You are also 19.

Everyone is at their thinnest at nineteen. In twenty years, your peers will not look the same.

Wrong there buddy. I'm actually 3 pounds from how much I weighed when I was 14. I increased in weight slowly since then until I changed that.

• yopeeps025
    Perhaps we should wait till the OP *hopefully comes back, instead of bickering with each other?? Because as usual it's not getting anyone anywhere!

It passes the time at work. It gets me somewhere. Also it's entertaining.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Nouurann wrote: »
    I'm not anti-social....I go out to shows and clubs and concerts and parties and all that good stuff just not restaurants. I don't understand why that's considered interfering with my life? I just prefer not to do something. It just so happens that the rest of the world loves that "something". I started counting calories so young cause my mom brought me up on it along with her, and the habit just stuck.

Thanks for your responses. I know I don't have a healthy relationship with food but I don't undereat or anything, so I don't think I'm at the extreme of an ED..
    If it's affecting your relationship with your boyfriend, then I'd say it's interfering with your life. And you found it bothersome enough to post a topic here.

You might not like the answers or the advice but there really isn't much people on here can do for you. The sensible thing to do would be to talk to a professional. Whether you do it or not is up to you of course.

Whether it's OCD or anxiety or depression or more stereotypical EDs… all of it starts out pretty innocently. And NONE of it is a big deal… until it starts interfering with your life. Then you need to deal with it. It's one thing to just not like restaurant food. That wouldn't be a big deal on it's own… but the reason WHY you don't like restaurant food and that it's starting to effect your relationship with your boyfriend… it's something you need to deal with. If you can do it on your own… great. But given that you've been obsessed with counting calories since you were 12 years old… that's not normal. And It sounds like you may need some help. It's okay. There's no shame in that.
  • rebeccahunt718
    rebeccahunt718 Posts: 48 Member
    My fiancé thinks its a little weird because he can eat just about whatever he wants and maintain his weight. I stray a little and gain 3 pounds. I do eyeball some things, but I'm trying not to. He likes to make dinner and I ask him to keep everything separate so I can measure and it usually doesn't work out.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,724 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    JaneiR36, it seems to me you are under the impression that every single person out there has issues with their weight and thus should keep an eye on what they're eating. Hence your comments about eating out a lot and multiple slices of pizza (who has only a few slices, I eat the whole damn thing!) being bad. Of course, I am being an assumer (see what I did there :smiley: ) and I don't mean this as a personal attack or anything, it's just that I think it's a bit misguided to want to dictate everyone's eating habits - and to me it seems like that's what you're trying to do by painting eating out/not cooking for yourself as a bad thing.

By the way, this post again. I totally agree with wanting to eat the whole damn pizza. How many times would you go out to a yummy sub and pizza place and eat a couple wings or have a salad since that's what you can make fit in your day before the whole experience is no longer even worth it? Or maybe your version of moderation could be going out twice a month instead and having decent quantities of good food? And the rest of the time make delicious meals at home? Hmm wonder who this reminds me of

But yeah I agree with another post that a potential solution would be to go for the hanging out, not necessarily for the food. Personally, I'd rather just do something else

Well hopefully you're not talking about the OP because you don't even know much about her to make that assumption, again.

Sure I do. Just like you feel you do when you call people lazy or say they're making excuses, etc etc. Have you spent every waking minute with them? Do you know what it's like to live in their body? We make assumptions all the time - it's how we detail hypotheses and later figure out if they align with known facts or otherwise try to prove them. I could detail many assumptions made by the other side in this debate but it's pointless. No one goes through a given day without making assumptions based on their background knowledge and the specifics of the current situation they're dealing with. I find most of the comments made here about assumptions rather amusing, really
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Hey, at least she is logical. She would probably be great for a guy who likes to, well, use money for other things than restaurants. Id take her...got my own personal chef as a girlfriend! And I dont have to tip her monetarily!

I dont think there is too much of a problem here. The girl is frugal, and very accountable. How many women in this world still are?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Hey, at least she is logical. She would probably be great for a guy who likes to, well, use money for other things than restaurants. Id take her...got my own personal chef as a girlfriend! And I dont have to tip her monetarily!

I dont think there is too much of a problem here. The girl is frugal, and very accountable. How many women in this world still are?

LOL. Just when I thought this thread couldn't get worse.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    You are also 19.

Everyone is at their thinnest at nineteen. In twenty years, your peers will not look the same.

Wut...

I'm thinner at 36 than I ever was at 19, 20, or 21
  • yopeeps025

hmm once again why are we still talking about the boyfriend. Do you know how much he makes? NO
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member

There there...show me where the bad lady hurt you.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

hmm once again why are we still talking about the boyfriend. Do you know how much he makes? NO

How is this a comment about the boyfriend?
  • yopeeps025
    edited March 2015

Refer to bold in previous quote since that is your issue with the OP. I thought you read for context not just the sentence?
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    edited March 2015
    PRMinx wrote: »

Holy crap. But hey, women be shoppin amirite?

Also, this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjWbD9qC9E8

• PRMinx
    ascrit wrote: »

That's all I do all day long. When I'm not being a slug or stuffing my face.

Because I'm never accountable to my fitness regime. Like ever.
  • MelodyandBarbells

Refer to bold in previous quote since that is your issue with the OP. I thought you read for context not just the sentence?

Seemed more about her frugality and awesome chef skillz than a dig on the boyfriend. Plus you can be filthy rich and still prefer not to spend your money on certain things. It's not necessarily a negative
  • MelodyandBarbells

Don't you mean when you're not obsessing over your calories since you're in maintenance and don't need to. Schedule your ED consultation ASAP, please

• ascrit

Your life would really be much better if you had a husband and children. Look into it.
  • PRMinx

Don't you mean when you're not obsessing over your calories since you're in maintenance and don't need to. Schedule your ED consultation ASAP, please

What?

I don't obsess over my calories. I also don't make jokes about ED. It's something I take very seriously in my personal life and on these forums.
  • PRMinx

Your life would really be much better if you had a husband and children. Look into it.

I know, right?! I'm just so totally lost in this world. So I shop to soothe.
  • yopeeps025

What?

I don't obsess over my calories. I also don't make jokes about ED. It's something I take very seriously in my personal life and on these forums.

She is very confused.
  • ascrit

I know, right?! I'm just so totally lost in this world. So I shop to soothe.

It's not your fault that your hormones are out of control. Don't beat yourself up.

• MelodyandBarbells
    edited March 2015

What?

It's the same thing jenlo was trying to explain to you earlier that went clear over your head - we could ask you all the same questions you're asking of the OP for tracking your calories, being accountable to your health and fitness etc even though you have no weight to lose.

And you've made plenty of jokes here. At people and things that I probably wouldn't. Must be a bit shocking that we're a bit different, right? ;)
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Lmao! This thread is like a train wreck, I can't stop looking.
  • PRMinx

What?

It's the same thing jenlo was trying to explain to you earlier that went clear over your head - we could ask you all the same questions you're asking of the OP for tracking your calories, being accountable to your health and fitness etc even though you have no weight to lose.

And you've made plenty of jokes here. At people and things and I probably wouldn't. Must be a bit shocking that we're a bit different, right? ;)

Um, what?

Please show me where I've made one joke about ED on this thread.

I have made two points:

1. OP says she has an unhealthy relationship with food. Let's address THAT issue.
    2. We can't just blame the boyfriend and the friends because we don't know enough about the situation.

Other than that, I've laughed a bit at your blatant assumptions about people you don't know and your need to project your own dieting and exercise issues onto this OP's situation - and everyone else's comments.
  • PRMinx
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Lmao! This thread is like a train wreck, I can't stop looking.

We have truly hit crazytown.
  • MelodyandBarbells

What?

And you've made plenty of jokes here. At people and things and I probably wouldn't. Must be a bit shocking that we're a bit different, right? ;)

Um, what?

I have made two points:

1. OP says she has an unhealthy relationship with food. Let's address THAT issue.
    2. We can't just blame the boyfriend and the friends because we don't know enough about the situation.

Other than that, I've laughed a bit at your blatant assumptions about people you don't know and your need to project your own dieting and exercise issues onto this OP's situation - and everyone else's comments.

Typo in my previous post: you've made plenty of jokes that I probably wouldn't. Not necessarily about ED but please don't make yourself out to be some kind of saint

Carry on laughing. I'm here to please ;)
  • PRMinx
    edited March 2015

What?

Um, what?

I have made two points:

Typo in my previous post: you've made plenty of jokes that I probably wouldn't. Not necessarily about ED but please don't make yourself out to be some kind of saint

Please show me a joke that I've made that is offensive in this thread.

You may not be making jokes, but you certainly aren't helping the OP or anyone here by making incredible leaps about her situation so that you can feel better about your own.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    tumblr_mwty3elq0E1t3drueo1_500.gif
  • yopeeps025

What?

Um, what?

I have made two points:

You may not be making jokes, but you certainly aren't helping the OP or anyone here by making incredible leaps about her situation so that you can feel better about your own.

The joke she made that fail at calling someone older than her a kid was funny.

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    JaneiR36, it seems to me you are under the impression that every single person out there has issues with their weight and thus should keep an eye on what they're eating. Hence your comments about eating out a lot and multiple slices of pizza (who has only a few slices, I eat the whole damn thing!) being bad. Of course, I am being an assumer (see what I did there :smiley: ) and I don't mean this as a personal attack or anything, it's just that I think it's a bit misguided to want to dictate everyone's eating habits - and to me it seems like that's what you're trying to do by painting eating out/not cooking for yourself as a bad thing.

By the way, this post again. I totally agree with wanting to eat the whole damn pizza. How many times would you go out to a yummy sub and pizza place and eat a couple wings or have a salad since that's what you can make fit in your day before the whole experience is no longer even worth it? Or maybe your version of moderation could be going out twice a month instead and having decent quantities of good food? And the rest of the time make delicious meals at home? Hmm wonder who this reminds me of

But yeah I agree with another post that a potential solution would be to go for the hanging out, not necessarily for the food. Personally, I'd rather just do something else

Well hopefully you're not talking about the OP because you don't even know much about her to make that assumption, again.

Sure I do. Just like you feel you do when you call people lazy or say they're making excuses, etc etc. Have you spent every waking minute with them? Do you know what it's like to live in their body? We make assumptions all the time - it's how we detail hypotheses and later figure out if they align with known facts or otherwise try to prove them. I could detail many assumptions made by the other side in this debate but it's pointless. No one goes through a given day without making assumptions based on their background knowledge and the specifics of the current situation they're dealing with. I find most of the comments made here about assumptions rather amusing, really

Seems like you either lack the ability to type out posts without making assumptions every single time, you are being deliberately obtuse or you are just trolling. None of what you type ever makes sense. It's a joke at this point. You can't stay on track with one train of thought either, if you really do think the things your saying. Maybe because they just don't make sense. You are assuming a bunch of things about the OP when in reality the only thing we do know about her for sure is that she has an unhealthy relationship with food. We know that because she herself said it and you refuse to accept it. Because you obviously know the OP better than she does.

What?

Um, what?

I have made two points:

The joke she made that fail at calling someone older than her a kid was funny.

Yea I thought that was adorable.

She also knows that the boyfriend, described by the OP as in "excellent shape", is a slug that stuffs his face and waistline. Janei keeps ignoring what the OP admits and injecting invented details about the bf.
This discussion has been closed.