"Can't you just be normal?"

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    JaneiR36, it seems to me you are under the impression that every single person out there has issues with their weight and thus should keep an eye on what they're eating. Hence your comments about eating out a lot and multiple slices of pizza (who has only a few slices, I eat the whole damn thing!) being bad. Of course, I am being an assumer (see what I did there :smiley: ) and I don't mean this as a personal attack or anything, it's just that I think it's a bit misguided to want to dictate everyone's eating habits - and to me it seems like that's what you're trying to do by painting eating out/not cooking for yourself as a bad thing.

By the way, this post again. I totally agree with wanting to eat the whole damn pizza. How many times would you go out to a yummy sub and pizza place and eat a couple wings or have a salad since that's what you can make fit in your day before the whole experience is no longer even worth it? Or maybe your version of moderation could be going out twice a month instead and having decent quantities of good food? And the rest of the time make delicious meals at home? Hmm wonder who this reminds me of

But yeah I agree with another post that a potential solution would be to go for the hanging out, not necessarily for the food. Personally, I'd rather just do something else

Well hopefully you're not talking about the OP because you don't even know much about her to make that assumption, again.

Sure I do. Just like you feel you do when you call people lazy or say they're making excuses, etc etc. Have you spent every waking minute with them? Do you know what it's like to live in their body? We make assumptions all the time - it's how we detail hypotheses and later figure out if they align with known facts or otherwise try to prove them. I could detail many assumptions made by the other side in this debate but it's pointless. No one goes through a given day without making assumptions based on their background knowledge and the specifics of the current situation they're dealing with. I find most of the comments made here about assumptions rather amusing, really

Seems like you either lack the ability to type out posts without making assumptions every single time, you are being deliberately obtuse or you are just trolling. None of what you type ever makes sense. It's a joke at this point. You can't stay on track with one train of thought either, if you really do think the things your saying. Maybe because they just don't make sense. You are assuming a bunch of things about the OP when in reality the only thing we do know about her for sure is that she has an unhealthy relationship with food. We know that because she herself said it and you refuse to accept it. Because you obviously know the OP better than she does.
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    ascrit wrote: »
    Hey, at least she is logical. She would probably be great for a guy who likes to, well, use money for other things than restaurants. Id take her...got my own personal chef as a girlfriend! And I dont have to tip her monetarily!

I dont think there is too much of a problem here. The girl is frugal, and very accountable. How many women in this world still are?

LOL. Just when I thought this thread couldn't get worse.

Holy crap. But hey, women be shoppin amirite?

That's all I do all day long. When I'm not being a slug or stuffing my face.

Because I'm never accountable to my fitness regime. Like ever.

Don't you mean when you're not obsessing over your calories since you're in maintenance and don't need to. Schedule your ED consultation ASAP, please

What?

I don't obsess over my calories. I also don't make jokes about ED. It's something I take very seriously in my personal life and on these forums.

It's the same thing jenlo was trying to explain to you earlier that went clear over your head - we could ask you all the same questions you're asking of the OP for tracking your calories, being accountable to your health and fitness etc even though you have no weight to lose.

And you've made plenty of jokes here. At people and things and I probably wouldn't. Must be a bit shocking that we're a bit different, right? ;)

Um, what?

Please show me where I've made one joke about ED on this thread.

I have made two points:

1. OP says she has an unhealthy relationship with food. Let's address THAT issue.
    2. We can't just blame the boyfriend and the friends because we don't know enough about the situation.

Other than that, I've laughed a bit at your blatant assumptions about people you don't know and your need to project your own dieting and exercise issues onto this OP's situation - and everyone else's comments.

Typo in my previous post: you've made plenty of jokes that I probably wouldn't. Not necessarily about ED but please don't make yourself out to be some kind of saint

Carry on laughing. I'm here to please ;)

Please show me a joke that I've made that is offensive in this thread.

You may not be making jokes, but you certainly aren't helping the OP or anyone here by making incredible leaps about her situation so that you can feel better about your own.

The joke she made that fail at calling someone older than her a kid was funny.

Yea I thought that was adorable.

She also knows that the boyfriend, described by the OP as in "excellent shape", is a slug that stuffs his face and waistline. Janei keeps ignoring what the OP admits and injecting invented details about the bf.

Well duh she hates men.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    JaneiR36, it seems to me you are under the impression that every single person out there has issues with their weight and thus should keep an eye on what they're eating. Hence your comments about eating out a lot and multiple slices of pizza (who has only a few slices, I eat the whole damn thing!) being bad. Of course, I am being an assumer (see what I did there :smiley: ) and I don't mean this as a personal attack or anything, it's just that I think it's a bit misguided to want to dictate everyone's eating habits - and to me it seems like that's what you're trying to do by painting eating out/not cooking for yourself as a bad thing.

By the way, this post again. I totally agree with wanting to eat the whole damn pizza. How many times would you go out to a yummy sub and pizza place and eat a couple wings or have a salad since that's what you can make fit in your day before the whole experience is no longer even worth it? Or maybe your version of moderation could be going out twice a month instead and having decent quantities of good food? And the rest of the time make delicious meals at home? Hmm wonder who this reminds me of

But yeah I agree with another post that a potential solution would be to go for the hanging out, not necessarily for the food. Personally, I'd rather just do something else

Well hopefully you're not talking about the OP because you don't even know much about her to make that assumption, again.

Sure I do. Just like you feel you do when you call people lazy or say they're making excuses, etc etc. Have you spent every waking minute with them? Do you know what it's like to live in their body? We make assumptions all the time - it's how we detail hypotheses and later figure out if they align with known facts or otherwise try to prove them. I could detail many assumptions made by the other side in this debate but it's pointless. No one goes through a given day without making assumptions based on their background knowledge and the specifics of the current situation they're dealing with. I find most of the comments made here about assumptions rather amusing, really

Seems like you either lack the ability to type out posts without making assumptions every single time, you are being deliberately obtuse or you are just trolling. None of what you type ever makes sense. It's a joke at this point. You can't stay on track with one train of thought either, if you really do think the things your saying. Maybe because they just don't make sense. You are assuming a bunch of things about the OP when in reality the only thing we do know about her for sure is that she has an unhealthy relationship with food. We know that because she herself said it and you refuse to accept it. Because you obviously know the OP better than she does.
    Hey, at least she is logical. She would probably be great for a guy who likes to, well, use money for other things than restaurants. Id take her...got my own personal chef as a girlfriend! And I dont have to tip her monetarily!

I dont think there is too much of a problem here. The girl is frugal, and very accountable. How many women in this world still are?

Don't you mean when you're not obsessing over your calories since you're in maintenance and don't need to. Schedule your ED consultation ASAP, please

What?

I don't obsess over my calories. I also don't make jokes about ED. It's something I take very seriously in my personal life and on these forums.

It's the same thing jenlo was trying to explain to you earlier that went clear over your head - we could ask you all the same questions you're asking of the OP for tracking your calories, being accountable to your health and fitness etc even though you have no weight to lose.

And you've made plenty of jokes here. At people and things and I probably wouldn't. Must be a bit shocking that we're a bit different, right? ;)

Um, what?

I have made two points:

1. OP says she has an unhealthy relationship with food. Let's address THAT issue.
    2. We can't just blame the boyfriend and the friends because we don't know enough about the situation.

Other than that, I've laughed a bit at your blatant assumptions about people you don't know and your need to project your own dieting and exercise issues onto this OP's situation - and everyone else's comments.

Typo in my previous post: you've made plenty of jokes that I probably wouldn't. Not necessarily about ED but please don't make yourself out to be some kind of saint

You may not be making jokes, but you certainly aren't helping the OP or anyone here by making incredible leaps about her situation so that you can feel better about your own.

She also knows that the boyfriend, described by the OP as in "excellent shape", is a slug that stuffs his face and waistline. Janei keeps ignoring what the OP admits and injecting invented details about the bf.

I think at this point if she is being serious it's a matter of siding with the OP simply because she's a female. Like a girl power type of thing.

Hey, don't lump us all together!

I've already been told I'm not frugal or accountable today. Let's not add to the list.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    "I'm in constant anxiety "
    "Because "eye-balling" or guessing freaks me out, I never go out to bars/restaurants."
    "He hates I never join him, but was never so blunt about until today."
    "I know I don't have a healthy relationship with food "

-- the OP's own admissions of her emotions and relationships with food.

The only details she gives of her bf are "He eats out for almost all 3 meals at super nice places and is in excellent shape, so he doesn't "get it". "
  • PRMinx

What?

Um, what?

I have made two points:

I think at this point if she is being serious it's a matter of siding with the OP simply because she's a female. Like a girl power type of thing.

Hey, don't lump us all together!

I've already been told I'm not frugal or accountable today. Let's not add to the list.
    I'm not at all talking about all the women in this thread. Just that one specific member.

I know, I was making an awful terrible joke. I'm such a meanie.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,724 Member

What?

Um, what?

I have made two points:

People do come here all the time admitting to some level of "anxiety" over not being able to lose weight after two weeks. Some people tell them to get to a doctor, some people don't. Correct, in context, I do not accept the statement made by the OP. You mad?

As for being obtuse, etc, frankly I've seen you not understand pretty basic postings by many individuals. Except you try to lash out first and say it is them who are lacking comprehension, possibly to obscure your own short comings
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015

What?

And you've made plenty of jokes here. At people and things that I probably wouldn't. Must be a bit shocking that we're a bit different, right? ;)

You keep missing the forest for the trees. It's not the act of tracking calories without weight to lose that's at issue; the issue is having ANXIETY when calories can't accurately be tracked and having it impact your life. I doubt this applies to someone in healthy maintenance who still tracks calories and uses the site to help with that.

I get it. You plan on continuing to track calories and see it as a healthy behavior. So do I. I don't plan on having it run my life and have it as a reason to avoid social situations or give me cause for anxiety, though.

You keep focusing on the issue of calorie counting when the real issue is the OP's response to it.

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,724 Member
    edited March 2015

What?

And you've made plenty of jokes here. At people and things that I probably wouldn't. Must be a bit shocking that we're a bit different, right? ;)

You keep missing the forest for the trees. It's not the act of tracking calories without weight to lose that's at issue; the issue having ANXIETY when calories can't accurately be tracked.

I'm not missing it. We already went down the road where I explained I just don't agree with your analysis of the anxiety and what else could be a possible cause of it
  • PeachyCarol

What?

You keep missing the forest for the trees. It's not the act of tracking calories without weight to lose that's at issue; the issue having ANXIETY when calories can't accurately be tracked.

I'm not missing it. We already went down the road where I explained I just don't agree with your analysis of the anxiety and what else could be a possible cause of it

What? The boyfriend? Get real. That was ONE incident.

How about a mother that conditioned you from age 12 that you NEEDED to count calories. You think that's healthy?

I think that's downright abusive.

• PRMinx

What?

Um, what?

I have made two points:

People do come here all the time admitting to some level of "anxiety" over not being able to lose weight after two weeks. Some people tell them to get to a doctor, some people don't. Correct, in context, I do not accept the statement made by the OP. You mad?

As for being obtuse, etc, frankly I've seen you not understand pretty basic postings by many individuals. Except you try to lash out first and say it is them who are lacking comprehension, possibly to obscure your own short comings

So, you know the OP better than she knows herself? Got it. Sounds legit.
  • yopeeps025

What?

But everyone else agree that OP anxiety is the problem so who is right or wrong? Of course it's everyone else that is wrong right?

• PeachyCarol
    edited March 2015
    Regarding the "analysis of the anxiety", from the original post, in the words of the OP
    I'm in constant anxiety over simply not knowing the exact (well, as exact as possible) numerical value of the foods I'm eating because in the end it's math. It drives me crazy.

Now, seems to me that there's no need to analyze anything here. It's simple reading comprehension that's called for.
  • PRMinx
    Regarding the "analysis of the anxiety", from the original post, in the words of the OP
    I'm in constant anxiety over simply not knowing the exact (well, as exact as possible) numerical value of the foods I'm eating because in the end it's math. It drives me crazy.

Now, seems to me that there's no need to analyse anything here. It's simple reading comprehension that's called for.

It's all just nonsensical at this point.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited March 2015

What?

If you're not missing it, then you're deliberately bypassing it.
  • PeachyCarol

Now, seems to me that there's no need to analyse anything here. It's simple reading comprehension that's called for.

Time for cat gifs?

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member

What?

1007.gif
  • yopeeps025
    edited March 2015

Time for cat gifs?

I rather see this one on one debate. It should be done here so that OP can learn something too.
  • PRMinx
    This thread.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2742-1367063204-2.gif
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member

Time for cat gifs?

I tried that a page ago...didn't seem to work lol
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Just passing through again to see if the dead horse is still being beaten to a pulp.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member

What?

There's no analysis going on. Just words the OP wrote. The OP said she has constant anxiety over it and it affects the way she functions on a daily basis. No analysis needed.

At this point, I'm baffled as to how you can keep arguing against what the poster actually said...you act like this is just your normal 10x daily post of someone coming on saying "counting is hard."
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member

tumblr_me5m8hIVWv1rani6a.gif
  • yopeeps025
    3pV5S5A.gif
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    giphy.gif

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

Jenna-Marbles-I-Can't-Even.gif

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

kgeyser
This discussion has been closed.