• saffysharmamfp
    saffysharmamfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @Micmaust Take care !
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Micmaust wrote: »
    bri170b wrote that a she lost 100 pounds and is jogging 5Ks, and I feel like my problem is so small by comparison.

Hey. Everyone has their own burden to carry. Who's to say which one is more difficult than another. I am praying that your's will be made lighter and lighter.

Welcome to our little family. :smile:
  • bri170lb
    Options

J4T Thursday
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work. :smile:
    2. Focus on sticking to calorie goals one meal at a time :smile:
    3. Drink lots of water :smile:
    4. Work on October's goals :smile:

I got bonus points...went for a 5k jog! :smiley:

J4T Friday
    I will be spending my day today waiting for my dear friend, David, as he Is having a very seious operation on his heart. It is expected to take 12 to 16 hours. Please pray for a successful outcome and a safe recovery period.

I will have to keep my goals simple for today.

1. Take small cooler full of healthy foods with me in the morning.
    2. Be a source of peace and strength to David's family.

• 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    68myra wrote: »

Just for the first fabulous day of October:
    :smiley: 1. help adult child move (without hurting my back!)
    :neutral::smiley: 2. pt/yoga dvd
    :smiley: 3. no vegetable oil
    :smiley: 4. under 1600 calories
    :neutral: 5. relax

Just for Friday, 10/2:
    1. commit to all PT assignments
    2. foam rolling/yoga
    3. NO vegetable oil
    4. it's pizza night. come up with a strategy (or several)
    5. re-lax

Happy Friday Everyone!
  • 68myra
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

J4T Friday
    I will be spending my day today waiting for my dear friend, David, as he Is having a very seious operation on his heart. It is expected to take 12 to 16 hours. Please pray for a successful outcome and a safe recovery period.

congrats on the 5K! thoughts and prayers to David, his family and his medical team!!
  • Mrsfluffypants
    Mrsfluffypants Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This thread is a wonderful idea. Mind if I jump in? I am at the point in my journey where I always quit for six or so months. The last three days have been terrible. I have been logging my food all day, and then just going crazy at night. I need to get back on track. That said, for Friday..

JFT 10/2
    1.)Log all of the food I eat and stay under calorie goal.
    2.) Go to the gym and swim.
    3.) Finish my job applications.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    This thread is a wonderful idea. Mind if I jump in? I am at the point in my journey where I always quit for six or so months. The last three days have been terrible. I have been logging my food all day, and then just going crazy at night. I need to get back on track. That said, for Friday..

JFT 10/2
    1.)Log all of the food I eat and stay under calorie goal.
    2.) Go to the gym and swim.
    3.) Finish my job applications.

Hi! I love your name! It made me giggle!
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    It has been a while since I participated in the website BUT I want to be consistent with one thing in my life that is good for me.
    I am thankful for all the people who participate and support each other. bri170b wrote that a she lost 100 pounds and is jogging 5Ks, and I feel like my problem is so small by comparison.
    I need to lose 10 pounds and exercise consistently. That doesn't sound like much, but my body is so twisted up from scoliosis and two back surgeries that any extra weight that's not muscle just adds to the compression of my spinal nerves causing intense chronic pain.
    On top of that I have brain damage from a crash 24 years ago that is catching up with me. My executive functions are not all they should be, making planning and following through challenging. I could go on, but I hope you get the picture. It is an invisible injury to most people.

What I did today:
    • Do yoga 30 min. with Pocket Pal Yoga.
    • Mop upstairs bathrooms (2).
    • Update MFP.
    • Eat one good meal (dinner) and nibble when hungry, and log all food. :)

So sorry you are facing these challenges but you are here and we are here to support you. Small changes will make a big difference in the long run. This is a very supportive group.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,065 Member
    Options
    :star: Live each moment mindfully :star:[/b]

JFT Thurs 1/10

1. Pre-log/follow through :)
    2. Physio/4700+ steps :)
    3. Swop round summer/winter clothes :/
    4. De clutter big girl clothes :/

Time and got the better of me on 3. And 4. as I had prep work to do for today.

b]JFT Fri 2/10 [/b]

1. Pre-log/follow through
    2. Physio/4700+ steps
    3. Attend Latin Study Group am
    4. Attend Parchment Craft Group pm
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    WellingTX wrote: »

I will stay under my calorie goal
    I will make good choices when dining out
    I will exercise for 50 minutes
    I will express my wellness mantra
    I am expressing gratitude for some great advice I received earlier this year. Be kind to yourself if you falter. We are human and change is not a linear path. Set a shortfall aside and move on to a new day.

Decent day.

Barely over my calorie goal.
    Almost all good choices.
    Didn't exercise.
    Did express my wellness mantra.

For today - New day!

I will stay under my calorie goal.
    I will exercise for 90 minutes
    I will express my wellness mantra
    I am expressing gratitude for my easy commute to the office
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    20paws wrote: »
    Ever have one of THOSE days... Called in "sick" because I just didn't want to go... Never got more dressed than my pjs. Ate doughnuts for lunch and grilled cheese for dinner... Add in Netflix and chocolate. What's this self hate all about?

Everyone has THOSE days!! Sometimes just making one good choice for a few days is all it takes to get the ball rolling. You're worth it!☺️
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    JFT
    Pretrack as much as possible & try to preplan for the weekend.
    Continue limiting the processed foods (no aches anymore-yeay).
    Walk & Pilates.
    Prepare for Hurricane Joaquin??
    Increase water intake 9 + cups (I've found this so challenging).
    Finish inspiring novel.
    Add a walk with puppy-she's healthy once again and I am grateful.
    Be supportive to two loved ones who are struggling.

Learn to say no-I've overextended myself once again, so this is it for a while. When I'm stressed & overtired I will be prone to making unhealthy food choices so I need to set boundaries.

• Neika73
    Neika73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!!
    Just for today:
    I will begin a daily todo list for my workouts
    I will get back to drinking water and taking vitamins
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    It has been a while since I participated in the website BUT I want to be consistent with one thing in my life that is good for me.
    I am thankful for all the people who participate and support each other. bri170b wrote that a she lost 100 pounds and is jogging 5Ks, and I feel like my problem is so small by comparison.
    I need to lose 10 pounds and exercise consistently. That doesn't sound like much, but my body is so twisted up from scoliosis and two back surgeries that any extra weight that's not muscle just adds to the compression of my spinal nerves causing intense chronic pain.
    On top of that I have brain damage from a crash 24 years ago that is catching up with me. My executive functions are not all they should be, making planning and following through challenging. I could go on, but I hope you get the picture. It is an invisible injury to most people.

What I did today:
    • Update MFP.

My heart goes out to you! Sorry that you're dealing with these challenges. I understand yoga/meditation is one of the best exercises to help with pain. I hope you also get support/therapy for the EF skills. Keep putting yourself on the list!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options

What I did today:
    • Update MFP.

Glad you are here! Taking things one day at a time helps me a lot. If I don't meet my goals one day, well...it's only one day and I can start over fresh. I think many people have injuries or illnesses that are invisible to others and that is a difficult thing. I also have things invisible to others, and I can tell they don't understand when I'm unable to do certain things, but it is what it is. it's my life and I am trying to take it back the best I can. Welcome and good luck!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @bri170lb Thank you for your uplifting point of view! I needed that today. Kind of in a slump right now.

J4T (Friday)
    1. Log all food and keep it under my calorie goal
    2. Take dog for 30 minute walk after work and enjoy this crisp autumn air
    3. Focus on the positives and find one thing to be grateful for today.

Happy FRIDAY everyone!

Tracie in Green Bay WI
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @bri170lb : I'm sorry to hear about your friend David. I will say a little prayer for a successful and uneventful surgery.

@Saragirl2 : I love the pre-track idea. Does that help you stick to it if you meal plan and then journal ahead of time? Also, I wanted to say that I understand the overextending yourself thing. I cannot say no either. I feel so guilty if i do and I end up paying for it. I'm one of those people who eats nonstop when I feel stressed or depressed...to the point that I might as well move the TV and recliner right next to my fridge because that's all I'm going to do. So, yeah...I get it. Good luck!

• 68myra
    Options
    68myra wrote: »

Just for Friday, 10/2:
    :smile: 1. commit to all PT assignments
    :neutral::neutral: in too much pain2. foam rolling/yoga
    :smiley: 3. NO vegetable oil
    :wink: 4. it's pizza night. come up with a strategy (or several)
    still working on this 5. re-lax

Happy Friday Everyone!

Just for Saturday, 10/3:
    1. work on hip: pt/yoga/rolling
    2. no vegetable oils
    3. healthy snacking
    4. relax and smile
    5. enjoy rainy day indoors with family
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Missed posting this morning but since every day is basically the same for me I guess that's ok. :smile:

So here is what I've done.
    Walked the dogs
    Worked out - Turbo Fire, Fire 45

I still have to finish out the day and stay within my calorie goal.