Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Replies

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    WellingTX wrote: »
    I will stay under my calorie goal.
    I will work out for 90 minutes. Trail walk Sunday!
    I will express my wellness mantra
    I will be more patient on the road.
    I am expressing gratitude for my affinity for water. It's been decades since I frequently craved soft drinks.

Good day.

Barely but still under my calorie goal.
    Worked out for 99 minutes including a 3.25 mile trail walk at a 16.25/mile pace.
    Expressed my wellness mantra
    Was more patient while driving

For today, new week:

I will stay under my calorie goal and try to work in meal goals versus simply the entire day
    I will work out for 50 minutes
    I am expressing gratitude for the beautiful view out my office window
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    edited October 2015
    Stayed under my calorie goal for yesterday but didn't get my walk in. Woke up with a sore throat so didn't do much at all. Just took my vitamins and rested.

JFT, 10/05
    1. Stay within calorie limit
    2. Waffling around about my workout - my throat is still somewhat sore and my head is a bit stuffy so I'm thinking I'll see how I feel later. If I'm not feeling good I may decide to eat at maintenance this week and forgo the workouts until I get better. Disappointing because I'm supposed to start month 2 of Insanity Max 30 today. We'll see... I guess my commitment is to listen to my body today and take care of myself. This is long-term. A few days of not working out and eating at maintenance may be better than wearing myself out and making it worse.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Well, I missed logging on over the weekend, and needless to say was not real well behaved with food choices. But Monday's are a good day to start over, right? :wink:

J4T (Monday)
    1. Make wise choices and log every single bite
    2. Drink at least 65 oz of water
    3. Rest and regroup....not feeling well today

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 819 Member
    I've been trolling a lot, but not posting as my weight loss was progressing on it's own until the last few weeks when I've plateaued due to more munching/junk food and less activity. I"ve been a little bit at a loss for my next step I've selected a new goal for another boost to motivation - under 200 by end of the year (16-17 lb in 12 weeks or so).
    So JFT (Monday), back to basics:
    1. Log everything
    2. Brush/floss before bed.
  • JanineAytekin
    JanineAytekin Posts: 35 Member
    Wow, I am happy that I found this message board. I used to do overeaters anonymous and it truly worked because it helped me with other issues. So yay, for JFT.

Jft (monday 10-5-15)

1. Log everything that I eat
    2. get through the emotional hungries and not jump up to eat whenever I am stressed
    3. Drink 100 oz of water
    4. Stick to my food plan
    5. go for a bike ride (30 mins)
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    So... forgive me friends for I have sinned and it's been over 2 weeks since my last post.
    I've eaten badly, exercised when I can and miraculously only put on a pound after a very busy / stressful couple of weeks at work....

I now have a couple of minor injuries which are stopping me exercising for a short while, so as I definitely want to get rid of more pounds I need to change my eating patterns to make the difference.

Key mindset change required: Stop thinking that eating junk is some kind of treat or reward. After only 2 days of eating better with loads more veggies, I already feel miles better. THIS is what my body needs, not junk.

Only 1 commitment for Tuesday: Consciously eat what my body needs (rather than what my emotions might want).
  • saffysharmamfp
    saffysharmamfp Posts: 140 Member
    JFT(Tuesday):

I will wake up at 4.30 am.- Done

JFT(Wednesday):

Wake up at 4.30 am.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    So... forgive me friends for I have sinned and it's been over 2 weeks since my last post.
    I've eaten badly, exercised when I can and miraculously only put on a pound after a very busy / stressful couple of weeks at work....

I now have a couple of minor injuries which are stopping me exercising for a short while, so as I definitely want to get rid of more pounds I need to change my eating patterns to make the difference.

Key mindset change required: Stop thinking that eating junk is some kind of treat or reward. After only 2 days of eating better with loads more veggies, I already feel miles better. THIS is what my body needs, not junk.

Only 1 commitment for Tuesday: Consciously eat what my body needs (rather than what my emotions might want).

Your sins are forgiven. For pennence you should reward your self with healthy foods and do a happy dance cause tomorrow is a brand new day!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    feistyjojo wrote: »

welcome back! you have NO idea how much we are in the SAME BOAT! exact. same. boat.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    68myra wrote: »
    :neutral: 1. happy thoughts
    :smile: 2. drink lots of water
    :smiley: 3. pt/rolling/yoga
    :neutral: 4. organize for upcoming trip
    :smiley: 5. log. every. bite.

Just for Tuesday:
    1. physical therapy appointment
    2. shopping for trip
    3. drink lots of water
    4. log every bite
  • Mrsfluffypants
    Mrsfluffypants Posts: 37 Member
    Didn't do so well with Friday, but did them all today.
    1.) Logged all my food and stayed under calories.
    2.) Went swimming.
    3.) put in applications.

For Sunday my JFT is simple.
    1.) Log my food and stay under calories.
    2.) Get the house clean.
    3.) Fold laundry.
    4.) Work.

All of it...done! :)
    JFT monday
    1.) Log food and stay under calories. Done!
    2.) bake a cake and only have one piece (lol) Done!!

JFT Tuesday
    1.) Log my food and say under calories
    2.) Add a fruit or veggie to every meal.
    3.) Go to my interview and rock it.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    bri170lb wrote: »

J4T Sunday
    1. Run 5K race. I may still come in last place, but my goal is to do less than 50 minutes for the first time. : felt great, had lots of fun, beat my last timed race by exactly 1 minute but still didn't break the 50 minute mark. Got 50:44.
    3. Focus on sticking to calorie goals one meal at a time . Weird day calorie wise but I still did ok.
    4. Have a relaxing day with my hubby. :smile:

My work schedule changed unexpectedly and I am going to have to work a lot more hours than I usually work for at least the next month, which is going to make finding time to exercise very difficult. So...my theme for the month is...don't find time to do what I need to do for myslf, MAKE TIME!

J4T
    1. Take breakfast, lunch and snack with me to work
    2. Make time to walk for 1 hour during work day & adjust schedule to plan exercise time for rest of the week
    3. Pay bills
    4. Grocery shop
    5. Stay UNDER 1200 CALORIES by focusing on staying under each meal ' s calorie limit

Good for you for grabbing the bull by the horns & keeping the commitment towards your goals!
  • Saragirl2
    JFT,
    Sunday was a challenge with food choices (brunch & rest of the day). Glad to get back on track today! I'm checking in very late today so this is what I've been up to:
    Logged all food & most was prelogged.
    Really challenged myself in Pilates today.
    Drank all my water this afternoon.
    Got into a smaller size of pant today-felt great.
    Savor the journey-trust the process.

Speaking of "savoring", I'm going to challenge myself by eating meals & snacks w/as little distraction as possible since I usually eat w/a lot going on around me (kids, tv, electronics, driving) & see if this has a positive effect on my eating habits. Maybe I'll appreciate my meals more if I'm more "in the moment". Join me if you'd like-love the feedback.

Hope you all have a wonderful night!

• Saragirl2
    Joan6630-I keep looking for your inspirational posts. I'm hoping that you're doing well & I can't tell you how grateful I am that you started this remarkable thread!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member

J4T Monday
    1. Take breakfast, lunch and snack with me to work :smile:
    2. Make time to walk for 1 hour during work day & adjust schedule to plan exercise time for rest of the week
    3. Pay bills :smile:
    4. Grocery shop
    5. Stay UNDER 1200 CALORIES by focusing on staying under each meal ' s calorie limit :smile:

Turns out that no matter how hard i tried I could not make any time to exercise or grocery shop today! :smiley: tomorrow's gonna have to be soon enough.

My friend David was just moved back into ICU. After taking him off of a lot of the drains and meds tiday, he has is having some problems.

I hope you all who are praying folk don't mind I I ask for some extra prayers for him tonight.

I may have to stay the night here at the hospital with his wife so I'll keep it simple for tomorrow.

J4T Tuesday

1. Put my full trust in God's love for David.
    2. Stick to calorie goals one meal at a time

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Joan6630-I keep looking for your inspirational posts. I'm hoping that you're doing well & I can't tell you how grateful I am that you started this remarkable thread!

Thank you Sara. I have been struggling again lately, and just lurking here again. I know I need to get back on track - and I plan to do just that! You guys are all doing so amazing, and thank you all for keeping this thread going! What a wonderful group of posters!!!!!!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited October 2015
    We have had out of town guests the past 3 weekend in a row! Four high school friends are coming the weekend of Oct 23-25, and our DIL and grandsons are coming over halloween. SO I have falling SO off track. I know that when I lose my way, the weight can come back on so quickly, and then it is even harder to get it off. It is crazy that I am using weekends of guests to dictate how my entire week goes. Those are just 2 days - that is NO excuse for not watching carefully what I eat the rest of the week.

So, after another awful day today, but tomorrow is a new day!! You guys all inspire me everyday, and tomorrow I will start fresh (Again!).

I feel like such a failure at times, but you know, we only fail when we stop trying!
  • RaniFlame
    RaniFlame Posts: 6 Member
    I really like this idea so I am going to jump right on in.
    JFT-Tuesday

1. log all my food
    2. exercise..anything
    3. drink 5 cups of water
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 819 Member
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    I've been trolling a lot, but not posting as my weight loss was progressing on it's own until the last few weeks when I've plateaued due to more munching/junk food and less activity. I"ve been a little bit at a loss for my next step I've selected a new goal for another boost to motivation - under 200 by end of the year (16-17 lb in 12 weeks or so).
    So JFT (Monday), back to basics:
    1. Log everything - mostly
    2. Brush/floss before bed. :smile:

JFT Tuesday;
    1. log everything
    2. brush/floss before bed
    3. do something more than read/watch tv after dinner
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    WellingTX wrote: »

I will stay under my calorie goal and try to work in meal goals versus simply the entire day
    I will work out for 50 minutes
    I am expressing gratitude for the beautiful view out my office window

Good day.

Under my calorie goal. Make good choices and was fairly even throughout each meal.
    Didn't work out
    Did express my wellness mantra
    Making progress on being more tolerant while driving

For today:

I will stay under my calorie goal
    I will make good choices and not over do at any single meal
    I will be more patient on the road
    I am expressing gratitude that my lovely bride and I are supportive when our sleep cycles are off. Was really tired last night and went to bed at 830. No issues or complaints.