Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Replies

• IconStillFree
    IconStillFree Posts: 262 Member
    JFT I'm gonna stay on my calorie goals and not let my OCD control me
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,193 Member
    feistyjojo wrote: »

Only 1 commitment for Tuesday: Consciously eat what my body needs (rather than what my emotions might want).

Welcome back! And - I love your goal for today!
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    WHY IS IT SO EAST TO STOP TRYING??? I am starting again for at least the tenth time this year.
    Goal for tomorrow: plan what to eat , leave home early enough to pick up salads and fruits for Wednesday and Thursday lunch. Eat dinner at home. Walk 7000 steps before I leave work
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    WHY IS IT SO EAST TO STOP TRYING??? I am starting again for at least the tenth time this year.
    Goal for tomorrow: plan what to eat , leave home early enough to pick up salads and fruits for Wednesday and Thursday lunch. Eat dinner at home. Walk 7000 steps before I leave work

Good luck. Keeping at it is going to stick for you I am sure. You just have to want it bad enough. It is not easy but it is so worth it.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »

J4T Tuesday

1. Put my full trust in God's love for David. :smiley: He's doing much much better today.
    2. Stick to calorie goals one meal at a time :smiley:

Well despite my best intentions I have not exercised all week.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Number 1 priority EXERCISE, anything, just do it!
    2. Get up early
    3. Focus on calorie goals one meal at a time
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited October 2015
    joan6630 wrote: »
    We have had out of town guests the past 3 weekend in a row! Four high school friends are coming the weekend of Oct 23-25, and our DIL and grandsons are coming over halloween. SO I have falling SO off track. I know that when I lose my way, the weight can come back on so quickly, and then it is even harder to get it off.

There's this nice lady named Joan who started this awesome discussion called....oh what was the name of that thread.....ummmm......oh yeah.....JUST FOR TODAY!!!!!

Not yesterday, not tomorrow, just today sweet heart. :wink:
  • saffysharmamfp
    saffysharmamfp Posts: 140 Member
    JFT(Wednesday)-
    Wake up at 4.30 am- Done

JFT(Thursday)-
    I will wake up at 4.15 am.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,058 Member
    edited October 2015
    JFT Mon 5/10
    1. Pre-log/follow through :)
    2. Physio/6500+ steps :) 10096 steps!
    3. Sort out Autumn/winter trouser :) I still have to go through and discard my 'big girl' clothes
    4. Attend lecture after lunch :) The theme was 'Appreciation'
    5. Work on PP Presentation ;) no time to do this. I was working on Hogwarts Challenge Tasks

JFT Tues 6/10

1. Pre-log/follow through :)
    2. Physio/4000+ steps. Resting after yesterday! :) 4685
    3. Go to Patchwork Group this morning :)
    4. Make healthy choices for dinner out before the theatre tonight :)

I forgot to hit Post Reply with yesterday's goals :lol: but I did okay.

JFT Wed 7/10

1. Pre-log/follow through
    2. Physio/6500+ steps
    3. Visit an open garden with Garden Group
    4. Work on PP Presentation for Art History

:star: Thoughts are powerful tools. Change your thoughts and the world fills with possibilities. :star:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,058 Member
    edited October 2015
    joan6630 wrote: »
    We have had out of town guests the past 3 weekend in a row! Four high school friends are coming the weekend of Oct 23-25, and our DIL and grandsons are coming over halloween. SO I have falling SO off track. I know that when I lose my way, the weight can come back on so quickly, and then it is even harder to get it off. It is crazy that I am using weekends of guests to dictate how my entire week goes. Those are just 2 days - that is NO excuse for not watching carefully what I eat the rest of the week.

So, after another awful day today, but tomorrow is a new day!! You guys all inspire me everyday, and tomorrow I will start fresh (Again!).

I feel like such a failure at times, but you know, we only fail when we stop trying!

So glad that you are back. We missed you! Real life takes precedence, but sometimes you have to put yourself first.

I think we are often too hard on ourselves when we pursue the impossibility of perfection. :) Each small goal achieved is a triumph. Celebrate each single triumph!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    just for today, Wednesday, I must keep it simple:
    1. stay alive
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    JFT - don't go too crazy on fair food

I saved about 1,300 cals from last two days so I can go to fair and enjoy a couple of treats.

I am on maintenance but don't want to eat too much and get sick. Have not had much rich or greasy food in a long while. Just a taste of something usually satisfies me now.

Wish me luck.
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Hi! **waves**
    I'm new here...I've been off the MFP community boards for a couple of years now. Unfortunately, gained all the weight back that I had lost. JFT is exactly the philosophy I need!! So, here I am.

Yesterday I bought a Fitbit and lifted at the gym for half an hour.

JFT
    1). Go for a 25 min run
    2). Pick up a battery for my food scale
    3). Log my food
    4). Eat in the calorie range according to my Fitbit results
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    WellingTX wrote: »
    :

I will stay under my calorie goal
    I will make good choices and not over do at any single meal
    I will express my wellness mantra
    I will be more patient on the road
    I am expressing gratitude that my lovely bride and I are supportive when our sleep cycles are off. Was really tired last night and went to bed at 830. No issues or complaints.

Good day

Under my calorie goal and with the exception of 18 Hershey Kisses, made good choices.
    Expressed my wellness mantra.
    Exercising patience while driving.
    Worked out for 45 minutes

For today

I will stay under my calorie goal 5 day streak.
    I will make good choices and not over do at any single meal.
    I will express my wellness mantra.
    I will be more patient on the road.
    I will work out for 50 minutes.
    I am expressing gratitude for the beautiful sunrise over the mountains this morning.

Mark
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Good morning!

@MrsFluffyPants: Congrats on the job! That's awesome!

I had a great time last night with my husband, my son and my daughter watching my grandson's football game and my granddaughter's volleyball game. It was so much fun but I'm feeling exhausted today. My husband and I just moved to town so we can go to these events and are totally not used to working all day and then running around at night. But had SO MUCH FUN!

J4T (Wednesday)

1. Make good food choices and log every bite
    2. Strive to hit 6000+ steps
    3. Pack tomorrow's lunch, tonight, and pre-log my food for tomorrow. I've never really tried the pre-logging approach but it sounds like a great idea lots of you use and it's definitely worth a shot!
    4. Try to keep a positive attitude all day no matter what work throws at me today. :smile:

Have a great day!

Tracie in WI

• Mrsfluffypants
    Mrsfluffypants Posts: 37 Member
    Hello all, I hope you are well and happy. Very happy this board is available. I feel it's a great tool and exercise.

JFT

1. will thank God for my food sobriety
    2. I will stay abstinent from compulsive eating
    3. stick to my food plan
    4. log every bite of food
    5. go for an hour walk
    6. do Jumping jacks every time I hear "Moves like Jagger" (all the way through)

Have a great day friends.

These are wonderful. The last one is awesome. Great plan!
  • Mrsfluffypants
    So... forgive me friends for I have sinned and it's been over 2 weeks since my last post.
    I've eaten badly, exercised when I can and miraculously only put on a pound after a very busy / stressful couple of weeks at work....

I now have a couple of minor injuries which are stopping me exercising for a short while, so as I definitely want to get rid of more pounds I need to change my eating patterns to make the difference.

Key mindset change required: Stop thinking that eating junk is some kind of treat or reward. After only 2 days of eating better with loads more veggies, I already feel miles better. THIS is what my body needs, not junk.

Only 1 commitment for Tuesday: Consciously eat what my body needs (rather than what my emotions might want).

Thanks for the welcome back messages, all!!
    So how did I do?
    :-) Had some great nutrition for the day.... good healthy veggie protein, definitely had my 5 a day too
    :-) resisted the urge to eat junk at lunch and instead hose a tasty and healthy nutritious salad

Did have a little more wine with dinner than should have (friend came round). And also a few extra pistachios..... And other than wine it was all good food, in line with what my body needed.

Happy.

Great work!
  • Mrsfluffypants
    Thank you for the congrats on the new job.

Congrats on all the successes! This isn't easy, but that is why we all seek support. I stumbled upon this thread a few days ago and it has helped me get back on track. Last night I really wanted to just binge (emotions, bluck), but instead I weighed a small snack out and locked the rest of the bag into the pantry lol. Mostly due to what I have read here over the past few days. So thank you, thank you.

I forgot to set some JFT for today.
    JFT 10/7
    1.) I need to chill out. I need to find a way. So stressed. It's affecting my marriage and my eating and sleeping habits. So much stress :( So today, I shall try to take a long walk, and maybe journal a little.
    2.) I have pre-logged my meals today, so stick to it.
    3.) Take a deep breath before I respond to situations.

I think these three are going to be pretty difficult for me today, so I will stick with them.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    JFT
    I will make healthy choices. My kids have a half day at school & I refuse to stress eat.
    We're going to the gym this afternoon.
    Walk 45mins in am & take puppy for walk.
    Get back on track with planning for Harvest Fair at church this am.
    Preplan rest of week's dinners so I'm not making unhealthy choices.
    Finish laundry.
    Ate breakfast w/o any distractions.
    Meditate or journal.
    Go to bed by 9:30 (a must)!

JFT Wednesday
    Really struggled with wanting trigger foods yesterday. Didn't get to bed early so I'll try again tonight.

Continue eating meals w/o distraction.
    Take healthy snack on the road.
    Drink 9 cups of water.
    Pilates & walk.
    Listen to a podcast episode of Half Size Me-need some inspiration.
    Go to bed early.

"Control the day or the day will control you!"
  • mytime6630
    Yesterday, 10/6
    1. No matter how busy I am today, I am important. It does not take any more time to eat healthy than to grab unhealthy foods. Choose healthy foods. :):/ For the most part, I did OK, but bought those stupid jelly pumpkin candies - and ate way too many. And really, they arn't even that good. But they are gone now, so today is a new day.
    2. Walk or get on my ellipitical minimum of 30 minutes -- no matter how tired I may be. :):) Walked 4.5 miles. I was tired when I got back, and can tell that I am now carrying on me 20 extra pounds.
    3. carry my water with me all day to remind me to drink water. :) I had my water with me. Still a struggle to remember to drink it though.

Just for TOday, 10/7
    1. Remember how much better I feel when I eat healthy. Before grabbing something for a 2 second gratification, remember that once that food is past the taste buds, I am going to feel worse having eaten it. Choose healthy items
    2. Walk or ellipitical minimun of 30 minutes
    3. Keep telling myself I CAN DO THIS!! Next year, for my 65th birthday, I can be at goal weight, and feel so much better!
  • mytime6630
    So much stress lately, and I'm a stress eater so although it's not an excuse, I know why I'm struggling.

J4T (Tuesday)

1. Log my food
    2. Drink my 8 glasses of water
    3. Enjoy my grandson's football game and my granddaughter's volleyball game tonight and try to let go of the stress for a while.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

This is my biggest downfall also -- stress eating. I know how much exercise is better for stress than food.
    I hope you can let go of the stress, and sit back and enjoy your granddaughters volleyball game! Thinking of you today!