2. Cardio workout at the gym
    3. Walk the dogs
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Saturday:
    1. Swim a mile :)
    2. 10,000 steps :)
    3. under 100G carbs :neutral: think that there might be something wrong with one of my recipes...oops!

Sunday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. dance
    3. under 100 G carbs

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    JFT, sunday, 1/10

1. Eat Protein with each meal.
    2. drink 8x8oz water
    3. log everybite I eat
    4. DO not Weigh myself each day. Do this only once a week

I am learning not to let myself get too hungry, and remember protein is important. Yesterday I made minestrome soup in the crockpot - and had a bowl at lunch, and another bowl for dinner. This, plus 1 egg in the morning was all I had eaten all day.

This was not enough food for me, and in the evening I was so hungry -- for the wrong things. I had no junk food in the house, but at a weak moment, ran to the store - to just get some popcorn. My daughter wanted me to pick her up some ice cream, which I did.

So my evening went awful - with eating popcorn, then ice cream, then miniature marshmallows!

But today is a new day. And lesson learned.
  • mytime6630
    Options

JFT Saturday 1/9/16
    1) Fix chain in bike + short ride
    2) Shower
    3) Figure out soft food I can eat

JFT Sunday 1/10/16
    1) Zumba Jam this afternoon
    2) Skype first coaching session with new client
    3) Aim to eat enough

^Yesterday:
    t63lyps3c1yv.jpeg

Great picture!! How I wish it was warm enough here to ride my bike -- I think that is my favorite way to exercise. But -- it is 7 degrees out today, with snow on the ground :/ .

Glad to see you feeling better to get out for a ride!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    massaoli wrote: »
    Over ate Yesterday. Need to work on emotional eating. Fam get together turned out just having my nephew, wife and son. I was very happy to have them over, yet kind of disappointed that the others could not make it. Lesson learned: confirm who's coming before getting ready. Lesson two : don't Over eat.

How I understand so well emotional eating. This is my biggest habit that I am trying to break. But I also learned the hard way that it is important to also eat enough, and not let ourselves get too hungry.

I hope today goes better you.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

JFT Saturday 1/9/16
    1) Fix chain in bike + short ride
    2) Shower
    3) Figure out soft food I can eat

JFT Sunday 1/10/16
    1) Zumba Jam this afternoon
    2) Skype first coaching session with new client
    3) Aim to eat enough

^Yesterday:
    t63lyps3c1yv.jpeg

Ahhhh! There's the rest of you! My daughter Jazi said, "Well, if your gonna be awesome, you should wear awesome shoes!"
  • bri170lb
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

J4T Saturday
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work :smile:
    2. Visit mom :smile:
    3. Housework, laundry - too lazy
    4. Consider the possibility that I ought to start putting the Christmas decorations away - wat too lazy!
    5. Day off from exercise :smile:
    6. Stick to calorie goals - if I had done some housework I wouldn't have had so much time to eat!

Just in case any of you think I'm a "diet goddess", I had a really bad evening last night and snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. I started down my slippery slope of carbs and ended up with double my calorie goal. Today I have a headache and an unhappy tummy to show for it.

BUT....

J4T Sunday
    1. Stick to calorie goals one meal at a time
    2. Go ice skating
    3. No Snacks After Dinner!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Don'tcha just LOVE those natural consequences of waking up feeling like.... "dog water" the day after unhealthy choices? been there, done that... and every time i do i ask... just HOW many times do I need to learn this lesson? :wink:

Joan, I think the most irritating thing about this adventure is that we are ALL different and most of us have to learn by trial and error. I sure fit into that category! I agree, you have to eat enough calories so that you don't suddenly want to eat everything in sight! (oh yeah, i've done that) but i'd like to point out that you are under a tremendous amount of emotional stress (i've been there) I highly recommend you find and develop something that helps you "de-stress" that you can easily do when the comfort food is calling you. i know it's easier said than done. and i'm sure the nurturing mommy in you wants to bond over ice cream. i get it. and i'm not saying never do it.... and i'm certainly not preaching! I guess i'm saying I know you have extenuating circumstances, but YOU are worth taking care of! Taking care of YOU deserves a higher priority than you might realize. i do believe i'm speaking to myself as much as i am you. :smile: and i say this with the best of intentions. please take care!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    @bri170lb great job on you loss & inspiring post. I love how you decided to believe in yourself & truly committed. You are remarkable & inspire me to keep going.

@joan6630 thank you for starting this post. I was on with you in the beginning & around Summer fell off. I had some medical things going on, surgery & then fell into really bad habits. I have put that behind me now & came into this year with a new focus. The scale is not going to be my motivator, losing weight is not going to be my motivator, someone else's success or current situation is not going to be my motivator. This year I am going to keep it more simple. How I feel is going to be my motivator! The habits I was in last year did not make me feel good. Strength train mentally 1st & then physically. Focus on exercise & strength training regularly (I don't have to knock it out of the park but it has to be routine), eat more veggies & fruits, no 2nds, no sweets, listen to my body. I feel great when I get done working out, zone in on how I feel when I eat good. I feel different this time. JFT is so important because I can understand that & I can make it one day at time.

JFT Sunday
    1.) Read at church service & reflect
    2.) Make a healthy Salmon dinner tonight
    3.) Make my work out calendar for the week
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Trying to catch up with reading posts. Just popped in to say Hi. Will post JFT goals tomorrow. Good Luck Everyone.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    @ruby70 Welcome Back! It's nice to see you again :smile:
  • bri170lb
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

J4T Sunday
    1. Stick to calorie goals one meal at a time :smile:
    2. Go ice skating -- thought I might barf and figured I didn't want to do it in the ice! Feeling ok now.
    3. No Snacks After Dinner! :smile:

J4T Monday
    1. Do ab exersises and day 1 of Squat Challenge
    2. Stick to calorie goals one meal at a time
    3. Put roast in crock pot
    4. Zumba
    5. No Snacks After Dinner

@joan6630 I agree with @68myra 's thoughts for you. So much of taking care of the ones we love is dependent on us taking care of ourselves first. Your peace, health and happiness is important. Give yourself what you need today. Put on your own oxygen mask first today and then turn to care for the ones who you love.
  • jet0505
    jet0505 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I learn so much from all your wonderful posts. Thank you for being open about your struggles and your accomplishments! It helps to know I'm not alone with my hopes and my frustrations.

JFT Monday
    1. Be mindful of impact on foot at taekwondo workout
    2. No sugar
    3. Begin decluttering file cabinets
    4. Recognize some peaceful moments in the day
  • debmcfly
    debmcfly Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    JFT
    1 - Stick to my calories for today
    2 - Not stress about not being able to do many steps cos of my sprained ankle
    3 - Lots of water
    4 - Eat the salads I have bought along with my meals.
    5 - Do a mindfulness exercise today
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    @47Jacqueline -Glad to see you back on the bike after your accident and dental surgery.

All right I've been perusing this thread but not participating. I've basically been plateaued for a while so I need to refocus yet again.
    So JFT Monday
    1. log everything (which should help with the mindless munching)
    2. Darebee exercises (Day 4 of Foundation) plus whatever I can of the Daily dare and weekly challenge.
    3. Walk at lunch even if that means walking in circles in the hangar due to the wind
    4. vacuum Living room and work on carpet spots
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,144 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    [...Commit to yourself, Just For Today, and then have the courage to follow through and your dreams can come true. I know it for a fact!

JFT Sun 10 Jan

Oops! I put the wrong date on this yesterday

1. Prelog/follow through/90+ minutes exercise/8500+ steps/8 cups liquid. :)
    2. Write 3 pages. January goal: write 3 pages every morning. :)
    3. Work 15 minutes on my anthology. :)
    4. Visit my elder daughter after lunch. :)
    5. New goal. De-clutter 15+ minutes each day. I already started this late last night. My kitchen work tops and sink were gleaming this morning. I also sorted out potholder/tea towels/appliance paperwork/recipes drawers.

@47Jacqueline Loving the gold trainers.
    @joan6630 I read somewhere that you shouldn't leave more than 4 hours tops between eating. I always carry an apple or protein bar with me if I think that might happen, and make sure to eat it before the 4 hours is up.
    @bri170lb We are all diet goddesses in my book. Besides, we are looking at Greek and Latin mythology in my Latin group and those goddesses were a very naughty bunch :naughty: . We are saints beside them! :innocent:
    @68myra I am a very slow learner. Every time I say 'never again' then temptation strikes. I ate half a bar of chocolate on Saturday night after dinner. Convinced myself it was okay because I was still under goal because I had done lots of walking. I'm not going to shift that last lb of Christmas bulge with that sort of behaviour, now, am I? Still, no regrets, it was delicious at the time. Must try harder!

JFT Mon 11 Jan
    1. Prelog/follow through/90+ minutes exercise/8500+ steps/8 cups liquid.
    2. Write 3 pages. January goal: write 3 pages every morning.
    3. Work 15 minutes on my anthology.
    4. New goal. De-clutter 15+ minutes each day. Today: sort/tidy towels in bathroom hot press. This is a 365 day Challenge. I'm on day 11.
    5. Go to Monday Painters group (I'm the group leader). Finish watercolour.
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    JFT

Log every meal accurately.
    Keep moving.
    Use cross trainer. - done 25 mins this morning.
    Go for a minimum of 30 min walking. Have been doing this each evening.
    Eat lots of fresh salads for lunch.
    Drink water. - finding this difficult, may put some sugar free fruit juice in the water.
    Stay motivated, I do feel a lot better, keep going.
    My fitbug orb steps are increasing.
    Joined walking world app to enter my steps with my weightwatchers members group. Added 2000 plus steps doing a 30 minute casual walk yesterday.
    Keep reading the posts on MFP, great to see what others are doing.
    Good Luck Everyone.
  • grammiekb
    grammiekb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just for today...back on track, going for a long walk on the beach (it is 10C !! instead of -10) Cannot waste a day like today. Drink more water. Do some decluttering.
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    21 Day fit, Upper Body
    Take stairs at work (at least 2 X)
    Eat to my plan
    At least 40 oz. water at work, 60 at home
    Some type of exercise tonight
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options