Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Didn't do so well yesterday. Brand new day!

Just for today, I will:
    1. 30 minutes of activity
    2. Track every bite and log it in MFP
    3. Pack my breakfast and lunch tonight before going to bed
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today (Wednesday May 20)
    1. Deal with 2 business issues that have to be done early. :smile:
    2. Walk 1 hour in morning if rain is not too bad or walk on indoor track in evening. :smile:
    3. Do laundry and housework. :smile:
    4. Stick to 1200 calories. :smile:

Just for today ( Thursday May 21)
    1. Make smoothies for breakfast and lunch
    2. Stick to 1200 calories
    3. Go for a walk if the rain's not too bad
    4. Go to aqua-size class

• bugglover
    bugglover Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There has been many sad events going on and I broke and started eating bread and bread like products. This I bet was two weeks of being naughty.
    I stopped and reminded myself that comfort food, while it tastes good will set me back. I had lost about 8 pounds and I bet I probably put at least half back on.
    Im not having any more bread or any crackers
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    bugglover wrote: »
    There has been many sad events going on and I broke and started eating bread and bread like products. This I bet was two weeks of being naughty.
    I stopped and reminded myself that comfort food, while it tastes good will set me back. I had lost about 8 pounds and I bet I probably put at least half back on.
    Im not having any more bread or any crackers

Life happens and can derail us a little sometimes but today is a new day and you can start anew. You can do this!!!
    Just get started back logging all calories and you will succeed.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Today (Thursday):

1. Log my intake faithfully
    2. Take a bike ride after dinner
    3. Meditate for 15 minutes and do some soul searching

Have a great day everyone!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. 10,000 steps :) 11,207
    2. swim :smiley: one very fast mile!
    3. under 100 G carbs :neutral: 101 G

Thursday:
    1. 12,000
    2. lift heavy things
    3. under 100 G carbs
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    This thread seems very quiet...where has everybody gone?
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Today I will not lie in my diary...not even by a gram.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure if it is because everyone is so busy with summer activities, or just burned out from posting everyday. Congrats to all those that have stuck with us though. I know myself, I have not posted everyday, but, I am still trying one day at a time. Just summertime I am so swamped with not only work, but outside activities, so I haven't posted as much either.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »
    Today I will not lie in my diary...not even by a gram.

;)
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today ( Thursday May 21)
    1. Make smoothies for breakfast and lunch :smile:
    2. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:
    3. Go for a walk if the rain's not too bad :smile:
    4. Go to aqua-size class :smile:

Just for today ( Friday May 22)
    1. Have smoothies for breakfast and lumch
    2. Walk in morning.
    3. Housework and laundry
    4. Rest

• moofbh
    moofbh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of one day at a time. Will join you all soon!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

Today, May 18
    1) Log at least two meals
    2) Enjoy two more days of vacation
    ^Did that^

Today, May 22
    1) meditate 2 minutes
    2) praise someone
    3)brush teeth
  • lcbourdo
    lcbourdo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    lcbourdo wrote: »
    Didn't make my yoga goal this morning. Keeping it simple to start, but even simple goals seem to be too much for me right now. I slept until 8 tonight. Depressed, I guess. I know that more water and exercise will help, so that's my goal for today:
    • Make up some infused water to drink throughout the day (mint, lemon, cucumber, and ginger -- yum)
    • Do my stretches!

Looking forward to reporting in and seeing everyone tomorrow night!

Well, God's grace to you again today! :) And I have a thought for you: I think somewhere earlier on the thread, someone wrote something about taking a questionnaire about their personality as it pertains to exercise (?!?) and they found out their drive was a love of the outdoors...so no wonder she always was having to force herself to go to the gym!!! So she adapted her views of good exercise to biking or something outdoors...Anyway, something like that.

SO, my question is: Do you like yoga??? Or are you saying you should do it coz someone says so? Maybe you'd enjoy simply taking a walk outside instead, or maybe you would like Zumba--who knows. The key is to not have exercise be something dreaded, but rather that you look forward to it coz it makes you feel good!! And that you are increasing your activity level, period :) So, whatever you decide, I hope you succeed today! You will feel better!!!!

You are so sweet to think of me!

I considered what you wrote about exercising doing what I LIKE, not what I think I OUGHT to do -- good consideration. I even tried to find some exercise personality quizzes, but they were mostly a waste of time. From my own perspective, however (which is always the best, anyway, right?), I DO like my yoga stretching routine. I used to do it faithfully -- even got off painkillers for arthritis at one point. I feel energized and positive when I do just 20 minutes of deep breathing and a variety of stretches -- some yoga, and some just what we used to call isometrics (remember that? :-) ) I do also love swimming -- very therapeutic.

SO. The question is this: Why can't I achieve such simple goals right now?

I suppose that this discussion is better kept to another thread -- maybe you could suggest one. I do feel pretty stuck.

Anyway, just for today, I will:
    1) Make the bed when I get up.
    2) Stretch for TEN minutes.
    3) Continue to drink plenty of water (which I've been doing very well at -- yay me!)

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    [quote="47Jacqueline;32597925"

Today, May 22
    1) meditate 2 minutes
    2) praise someone
    3)brush teeth
    [/quote]

Oops - it's still today!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just for today ...

Continue to do as I have been.
    1. Log all food
    2. 8 glasses of water
    3. min 30 minutes of exercise - going to try and get out for a long 5 mile walk tonite if I have time

I am doing so much better giving up the sugar!
    Hope everyone has a great memorial day weekend.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    Didn't make my yoga goal this morning. Keeping it simple to start, but even simple goals seem to be too much for me right now. I slept until 8 tonight. Depressed, I guess. I know that more water and exercise will help, so that's my goal for today:
    • Make up some infused water to drink throughout the day (mint, lemon, cucumber, and ginger -- yum)
    • Do my stretches!

Looking forward to reporting in and seeing everyone tomorrow night!

Well, God's grace to you again today! :) And I have a thought for you: I think somewhere earlier on the thread, someone wrote something about taking a questionnaire about their personality as it pertains to exercise (?!?) and they found out their drive was a love of the outdoors...so no wonder she always was having to force herself to go to the gym!!! So she adapted her views of good exercise to biking or something outdoors...Anyway, something like that.

SO, my question is: Do you like yoga??? Or are you saying you should do it coz someone says so? Maybe you'd enjoy simply taking a walk outside instead, or maybe you would like Zumba--who knows. The key is to not have exercise be something dreaded, but rather that you look forward to it coz it makes you feel good!! And that you are increasing your activity level, period :) So, whatever you decide, I hope you succeed today! You will feel better!!!!

You are so sweet to think of me!

I considered what you wrote about exercising doing what I LIKE, not what I think I OUGHT to do -- good consideration. I even tried to find some exercise personality quizzes, but they were mostly a waste of time. From my own perspective, however (which is always the best, anyway, right?), I DO like my yoga stretching routine. I used to do it faithfully -- even got off painkillers for arthritis at one point. I feel energized and positive when I do just 20 minutes of deep breathing and a variety of stretches -- some yoga, and some just what we used to call isometrics (remember that? :-) ) I do also love swimming -- very therapeutic.

SO. The question is this: Why can't I achieve such simple goals right now?

I suppose that this discussion is better kept to another thread -- maybe you could suggest one. I do feel pretty stuck.

Anyway, just for today, I will:
    1) Make the bed when I get up.
    2) Stretch for TEN minutes.
    3) Continue to drink plenty of water (which I've been doing very well at -- yay me!)

No discussion is off limits here! ANd I SO agree. If I go to the gym, I absolutely hate it. I know it is good for me, but it feels like work. Our gym closed, so I bought an ellipitical to do at home. I do try and get on it, because I know it is good, but I hate it. I know it is necessary though, so at least 3x a week, I make myself get on it.

But - I love to be outside. Walking, riding my bike. Anything that I can be outside and enjoying nature. It does not seem like exercise, just fun.

Years ago when I went to weight watcher meeting, the leader told me we should all be like children. Go outside and PLAY. Exercise is suppose to be fun!
    So no matter what you do - do what you love, and you will stick with it. Swimming is so therapeutic, and such great exercise.

But, I love having these discussions here. We all learn so much from each other!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Thursday:
    1. 12,000 :smiley: 12,553
    2. lift heavy things :smiley: didn't go to the gym, but spent 3 hours plowing a field with a GIANT plow; it counts
    3. under 100 G carbs :neutral: 101 G

Friday
    1. 12,000
    2. dance under the stars!
    3. lots of veggies...I am being purposefully vague since I'm likely going to eat dinner out...
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options

I am lost....and struggling to find my way back. :'(
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    I feel so grateful to be able to move again that I pretty much enjoy any exercise that I am able to do. I was bedridden for several years and nobody thought I would live, much less be able to dance or work out again.

OK, I don't LOVE lifting weights...but I turn on some great music and just go for it.