How much have you lost, and how (an informal poll)?

Options

Replies

• ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Weight lost: 78 pounds
    Method: IIFYM/Flexible eating with lower carb and fat macros than MFP suggests
    Oh - and VLC days frequently (don't dump on me please)
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    SW: 181 pounds
    CW: 137 pounds
    Weight Lost: 44 pounds

Method: Just portion control and paying some attention to macros. I also started exercising more (running and boxing classes). I also eat clean (my definition) 95% of the time. I think you can eat whatever you want, but I want to stay fuller for longer, get more nutrition, and feel less bloated.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the responses so far!
  • moose_mama
    moose_mama Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    24 pounds lost with portion control
  • UnicornPQ
    Options
    37lbs 172-135

Heavy lifting, running, yoga. I eat moderately low carb mostly because it keeps my sweet tooth from going wild. Other than that I don't eliminate any foods.
  • JaniceCunningham
    JaniceCunningham Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs in Last year due to cardio exercise with goal of 315 minutes a week and a diet of 1760 calories a day. Some days I don't exercise and take a break and sometimes I go over my calorie limit. I watch my sugar, salt, and fat and sometimes I go over but get back to it. I don't deprive my self of anything, moderation is the key. More H20 8 glasses a day.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Eat less, move more.
    The only trick was in figuring out how many calories I should be having, and being aware of how much I had been eating (logging things here).

I tend to go with lower carb & higher protein, while staying in the healthy macro ranges:
    carbs, 45 - 65% of calories
    fat, 20 - 35% of calories
    protein, 10 - 35% of calories

And I try to eat about half my calories for breakfast (see the last half of this post for the studies - quotes & links).

I do cardio usually 5-6 days per week, trying for at least an hour each time, and weightlifting 2-3 days per week.

ETA: forgot to mention that I usually ignore net/exercise calories.

Since JAN13
    51637601.png
  • cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just over 100lbs.
    Started Aug 2012 - 274lbs
    Currently - 170
    Almost always at a 20% deficit which is easy with keto.
    Lost it all through eating keto (low carb/high fat). I need to start lifting though. I have about another 20lbs or so to lose.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    92lbs lost. All I do is make sure my calories are below my TDEE about 10-20%.
  • StephanieAZ82
    StephanieAZ82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    130 lbs.
    Portion control
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    58841349.png

Portion control with a touch of IIFYM because I needed to reduce carbs to no more than 180 g. daily due to diabetes so I calculated out the rest of the macros accordingly.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    85 pounds and counting. IIFYM/Flexible
  • 7seas_sailing
    7seas_sailing Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30 pounds by watching my intake based on Dexa, VO2 Max, and RMR tests using a Sports Dietician and a Personal Trainer. Bodyfat has droped 9% and counting!
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Weight Lost: 29lbs. in 6 months, size 12 to size 6, 154lbs to 132lbs
    Method: Portion control, eating less.

12-14 to lose and that's the killer. The 29 was pretty easy but now I seem to have "it" the "plateau" and have 11 Rx because of CHF and fibromyalgia. Also, my obsession with food and checking everything (food, exercise, Vivofit, etc.) makes me wonder if I need to forget all of that and just live my life. (No, I can't stop checking my scale daily because of the CHF, can't go up 3lbs in a day or 5lbs in a week and believe me, I can do that easily). Help would be appreciated.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    40 lbs, so far
    I count calories and try to hit my macros
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Weight lost: 135 pounds

I have polycystic ovarian syndrome at was put on 2000 mg of metformin which helped me lose a LOT of weight. I had a gastric sleeve this past May yet still found that if I miss taking my metformin my weight loss will completely stall out. I eat mostly fruits and vegetables and am trying to eat more meat.
  • orlandodenise
    orlandodenise Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Lost 109 so far

The first 70 pounds from general calorie restriction. The next 39 pounds with MFP, low carb and no alcohol. Want to try and introduce more fats to be Keto - just a little bit nervous - so introducing them gently whilst restricting the carbs even more.

Low carb is the best eating style ive tried. From couch potatoe - I now visit the gym 6 days per week and average burning 1000 odd calories a day. I also stopped drinking alcohol on 1st Jan this year.

I lose 3 pounds every week so far - 34 pounds since 1st Jan
  • JennyJiggle
    JennyJiggle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    162lbs
    Portion control.
    Quit bread. Do not miss the bloat. Have been known to occasionally sniff a bit of someone else's toast.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Based on weight trend: 106.6lbs lost so far
    (fluctuations cause MFP to say anywhere from 105-108lbs right now)

As for how, well counting calories. I'm pretty flexible with my food choices. Although, I need to work on getting more protein in my diet and less carbs.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Weight lost: 87 pounds
    Method: clean eating (never was a fast/junk food eater) and moderate-carb diet (100 G/day) high-vegetable consumption, 500-1000 minutes of exercise/month (walking, swimming, dance fitness, social dancing, weight lifting, biking)