Low Carb

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Trying to work out the exact logical fallacy being used here.

This one I think?

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-emotion
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Man this thread went south in a hurry. LOL.

These carb debates tend to get out of hand in a hurry.

Ultimately you need to find a mix of macronutrient intake that will give you the best balance of satiety, adherence, performance, and personal preference. And you're going to find that different people will land in different spots on the spectrum of carb intakes to maximize those variables.

So in that regard if you want to try a low carb diet, have at it. Just be aware that it's your ability to adhere to a reasonable calorie and nutrient intake, that's going to drive your progress. If that's a lower carb intake then great. If that's a moderate carb intake, then great. If that's a higher carb intake and lower fat intake, also great.

Sometimes it takes some objectivity and experimentation to find that out, and most of those differences are going to be driven by the differences in satiety and adherence.
  • killakyle420
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Ok calm down people haha. You do realize this is just a calorie counting app for your phone right? Lol there are much more important things I'm this world to be worrying about!

No one is not calm.

And no, its not just a calorie counting app for your phone.

*fitness app sorry

Still not just that.

Its not just and app on your phone

Its not just an app to count calories.

I mean...it has a forum and errything...which is not exactly big news, as we are posting on it.

Everything on this forum anyone could find out themselves on google.. it is just an app.. a really good one tho!

What has that got to go with anything? Also, there are a lot of misconceptions from people just googling something.

Point is - its not just a calorie counting (or fitness) app.

Its also not just about information. People use MFP as a support system.

No matter how you look at it, it's still just an app.. and people use the app as a support system.

If you want to argue semantics, that's fine. Its totally besides the point however.

Its not something to argue it's a fact.. if you want to spend half your life on an app no one's stopping you!

"Just an app" - it's semantics. Saying MFP is 'just a calorie counting app' is not 'fact'. You really need to be clearer in what you are trying to convey. I do not spend half my life on here. I do not even see the point of your comment however.

My original comment was..no-one is worked up as you keep trying to imply

My point is mfp is just an app so why turn it into a big deal? This is a forum, on an app, on your phone. Isnt there bigger things to be worried about in the world? Just think about that for a second before you reply.. there are country's running out of clean water and your worried about a forum on an app on your phone! Lol our society is hopeless..

No-one is turning it into a big deal (well, other than you).

I am not on my phone btw - sorry - fact.

Your argument is ridiculous.

Also....ironic.

Edited to fix messed up quotes.

I don't think it's a big deal at all its just amusing! Whatever piece of technology your on its still an app.. and I don't see how what I said is ridiculous, it's completely true and people would realize that if they opened their eyes.. ironic cuz I smoke pot? Well you can judge all you want doesn't bother me.:)
  • Sarauk2sf
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ok calm down people haha. You do realize this is just a calorie counting app for your phone right? Lol there are much more important things I'm this world to be worrying about!

No one is not calm.

*fitness app sorry

Still not just that.

I mean...it has a forum and errything...which is not exactly big news, as we are posting on it.

Everything on this forum anyone could find out themselves on google.. it is just an app.. a really good one tho!

What has that got to go with anything? Also, there are a lot of misconceptions from people just googling something.

No matter how you look at it, it's still just an app.. and people use the app as a support system.

If you want to argue semantics, that's fine. Its totally besides the point however.

Its not something to argue it's a fact.. if you want to spend half your life on an app no one's stopping you!

"Just an app" - it's semantics. Saying MFP is 'just a calorie counting app' is not 'fact'. You really need to be clearer in what you are trying to convey. I do not spend half my life on here. I do not even see the point of your comment however.

My point is mfp is just an app so why turn it into a big deal? This is a forum, on an app, on your phone. Isnt there bigger things to be worried about in the world? Just think about that for a second before you reply.. there are country's running out of clean water and your worried about a forum on an app on your phone! Lol our society is hopeless..

Also....ironic.

I don't think it's a big deal at all its just amusing! Whatever piece of technology your on its still an app.. and I don't see how what I said is ridiculous, it's completely true and people would realize that if they opened their eyes.. ironic cuz I smoke pot? Well you can judge all you want doesn't bother me.:)

What on earth has whether you smoke pot got to do with anything? Apart from an allusion you made to it earlier (which I dismissed as irrelevant, as it still is), it did not even cross my mind.

Ironic as you are basically doing the same thing you are apparently in dismay at society about.

If its not a big deal why all the hyperbole?
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    Options
    Any thread about sugar and low carb are entertaining.
  • killakyle420
    Options

No one is not calm.

*fitness app sorry

Still not just that.

Also....ironic.

What on earth has whether you smoke pot got to do with anything? Apart from an allusion you made to it earlier (which I dismissed as irrelevant, as it still is), it did not even cross my mind.

Ironic as you are basically doing the same thing you are apparently in dismay at society about.

I'm doing it out of amusement tho haha. But I'm going to carry on with my life so take care mam. ;)
  • killakyle420
    killakyle420 Posts: 66
    edited March 2015
    Options
    LMAO, this kid is still arguing about nothing. I bet OP has abandoned thread by now.

He's nothing if not persistent! :p

No persistence is not recommended, he needs to pay his dues and start balanced. lol

Lol your one to talk, by your diary looks like your on the inconsistent fasting / liqour diet.
  • Sarauk2sf
    edited March 2015
    Options

No one is not calm.

*fitness app sorry

Still not just that.

Also....ironic.

I'm doing it out of amusement tho haha. But I'm going to carry on with my life so take care mam. ;)

Who says everyone else is not?

Or are you admitting to trolling?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    LMAO, this kid is still arguing about nothing. I bet OP has abandoned thread by now.

No persistence is not recommended, he needs to pay his dues and start balanced. lol

Lol your one to talk, by your diary looks like your on the inconsistent fasting / liqour diet how's that workin for ya?

Seriously?
    Dude: walk away from the thread.
  • killakyle420
    Options

No one is not calm.

*fitness app sorry

Still not just that.

Actually if you are only accessing it on your PC then technically it's a website - just saying.

Well if that's the case I'm completely wrong I guess it's a app and a website! :D
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Well all the people on my back about a harmless piece of advice can enjoy complaining about other peoples opinions. At least I let people have there own opinions cuz apparently you guys think if someone doesn't think the same as you that suddenly they are incorrect! That's okay with me everyone's different!

Your ignorance of nutrition is showing and its scary to think you might be let loose on unsuspecting people. Why do you keep posting your ignorant ideas here? Obviously you know nothing about low carb. Low carb is 100 or less net carbs, not 50. I guess someone has to graduate at the bottom of the class.
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    Options

Lol your one to talk, by your diary looks like your on the inconsistent fasting / liqour diet how's that workin for ya?

Its working great for me. I don't preach what others have to do because it took me a year to find what works for me. You need to grow up kid.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

No one is not calm.

*fitness app sorry

Still not just that.

Also....ironic.

Who says everyone else is not?

Or are you admitting to trolling?

troll+8.png
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    this thread escalated quickly …

• Sarauk2sf
    Options

Its working great for me. I don't preach what others have to do because it took me a year to find what works for me. You need to grow up kid.

He must have spent a bit of time going through your diary (which is funny as I thought he was out installing irrigation in third world countries). I had a quick look (coz nosy) and saw no alcohol over the past week. I did deduce that you like to shop at CostCo though.

• killakyle420
    Options

No one is not calm.

*fitness app sorry

Still not just that.

Actually if you are only accessing it on your PC then technically it's a website - just saying.

Well if that's the case I'm completely wrong I guess it's a app and a website! :D

Lol glad it's working for ya!
  • killakyle420
    Options
    Well all the people on my back about a harmless piece of advice can enjoy complaining about other peoples opinions. At least I let people have there own opinions cuz apparently you guys think if someone doesn't think the same as you that suddenly they are incorrect! That's okay with me everyone's different!

Your ignorance of nutrition is showing and its scary to think you might be let loose on unsuspecting people. Why do you keep posting your ignorant ideas here? Obviously you know nothing about low carb. Low carb is 100 or less net carbs, not 50. I guess someone has to graduate at the bottom of the class.

In what way am I ignorant about nutrition? Why go low carb if you don't have to?
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

In what way am I ignorant about nutrition? Why go low carb if you don't have to?

Why do moderation when you don't have to.

Why restrict all of your food (moderation) when you can go low carb and just restrict some of it?

It's about what works for you. Moderation, low carb, IIFYM they are all just tools. None of them are the absolute answer for everyone.

Moderation may work for you, but for me it sucked butt!!

• Sarauk2sf
    Options
    lol at the random flagging.

FYI - the mods know who is flagging posts. There are no repercussions to the posters that get flagged unless the post violates community guidelines - there are repercussions however for the person flagging posts just because the do not like the other person's response.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    lol at the random flagging.

FYI - the mods know who is flagging posts. There are no repercussions to the posters that get flagged unless the post violates community guidelines - there are repercussions however for the person flagging posts just because the do not like the other person's response.

Under B-I-N-G-O this would cover the box about rules versus guidelines. Hi Sara! You seem to be getting flagged quite a bit. . .