Feels great to Clean our my closet! From a size 14 to 4/5 in a year! Pics!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Kris1279
    Kris1279 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    dagnus wrote: »
    Awesome! Congratulations! I did a similar transformation about 2 years ago, and went from 8/10 back down to 4. I'm only 5 feet tall, so I'm naturally a smaller person. I went through and got rid of all my "fat clothes". Sadly, after I got to where I wanted to be, I only kept it off for a few months before I began slipping out of my exercise habits and back into all my old bad eating habits, and over a year gained back everything I lost. Now I have only a very select few items that I can fit into, and a closet and dressers full of clothes that are too small for me. I refuse to buy bigger sizes (with the exception of a couple new bras!) so I've got work to do! I'm back on track and working to get back to where I want to be, with the realization that I'm always going to have to work to stay there. My biggest advice is to make sure whatever you are doing is long-term sustainable. For example - I used to go to the gym 4-5 times a week or do things like Insanity daily... I also tried to eat near perfectly. It's next to impossible for me to balance that with being a full time working mom, and having obligations and a life. So - when life hit, and I focused all my energy on a friend who was in crisis for a few months, I could never get myself back "on track". This time - I know that I don't want to go to the gym 4-6 days a week for the rest of my life or do something like Insanity, because these things come at the cost of other areas of my life suffering. I'm working on overcoming the "all or nothing" mindset and obtaining balance. Best of luck to you for long term success!

Thanks I'm working hard and I don't wanna go back. It's hard at times and life sure can get in the way and many hurdles.
  • Kris1279
    Options
    Mah00sive wrote: »
    Kris1279 wrote: »
    Hard work is paying off! Feels great to clean out my closet today! Purging these old clothes. Don't ever give up on yourself or your goals. Took me a year and I'm still working at it. One pound and one day at a time! The hard work and sweat is worth it. Can't believe I fit into a size 4 jeans yesterday. Of course I treated myself and got them! Anyone can do it. You are worth it!!!

5uideq.jpg
    Last year I was a 14 and now I'm in a size 5 and even a size 4! Don't give up!

Very inspirational!! What do you eat in a typical day? What do you snack on? That period between home from school and tea time is my problem!!

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I started drinking shakeology the last 2 months, I typically have a shake for breakfast and then snack before lunch. I eat string cheese, nuts, veggies, fruits, yogurt with granola. Salads, chicken, fish veggies. I allow cheat meals too once a week. Drink lots of water. I don't drink soda or juices. It's worth it and the hard work pays off. I eat around 1500-1600 calories a day and I work out 6 days a week. :)
  • Kris1279
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats on the weight loss you look amazing!

Thanks so much! :)
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats on your progress, we have similar losses. Working my way to a 4 as well, currently an 8 after being a 20 last year too! You are amazing, I know the work that goes into it!!! You deserve those new jeans, be very proud. :smile:
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I started cleaning out mine today too. Got rid of all my winter clothes in XL and L because I am loosing (still a large) but getting warmer here now. It feels good to get rid of things. If you hit a yard sale just right, you may pick up some new things for a good price. I still have a lot of clothes to go through, of my older smaller clothes too, so this morning I tried on things from 3 years ago that fit now.
  • Kris1279
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats on your progress, we have similar losses. Working my way to a 4 as well, currently an 8 after being a 20 last year too! You are amazing, I know the work that goes into it!!! You deserve those new jeans, be very proud. :smile:

THANKS SO MUCH AND CONGRATS TO YOU TOO! KEEP PUSHING PLAY!
  • Kris1279
    Options
    I started cleaning out mine today too. Got rid of all my winter clothes in XL and L because I am loosing (still a large) but getting warmer here now. It feels good to get rid of things. If you hit a yard sale just right, you may pick up some new things for a good price. I still have a lot of clothes to go through, of my older smaller clothes too, so this morning I tried on things from 3 years ago that fit now.

:) THANKS, I HAVE LEARNED TO SHOP ON THE DISCOUNT RACKS NOW LOL :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!