Yet another new study confirms fat people drink diet soda...

Options

Replies

• techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The only 100% proven negative with soda is that it can mess up your teeth if you drink a lot of it. That's about it.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    JessieLMay wrote: »
    Diet soda is bad on so many levels. If you want soda, drink the regular kind. Yes it has more calories, but compared to diet soda, its better for your body. But, soda in general is not gppd for you and has zero benefits. That being said, I am still DYING for a DrPepper or 10 right now lol

I'd love to see what evidence you are using to make the above claim.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is bad on so many levels. If you want soda, drink the regular kind. Yes it has more calories, but compared to diet soda, its better for your body. But, soda in general is not gppd for you and has zero benefits. That being said, I am still DYING for a DrPepper or 10 right now lol

Not for diabetics! That sugar is deadly for them. "In 2012, 29.1 million Americans, or 9.3% of the population, had diabetes." So for one in ten Americans, regular soda is the killer.

Not for dieters! We're talking 200 calories per serving. Few dieters can afford to take that kind of hit to their daily allowance. Soda has the same benefits as water. It hydrates.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    :\ I always ordered diet Coke when I was fat....it helped wash down my Big Mac, supersized fries and 6 chicken nuggets!!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    While the jury is still out, there have been numerous studies indicating artificial sweeteners are not good for health in general.
    On the contrary, there's a preponderance of evidence that artificial sweeteners cleared by the FDA are safe. The jury has gone home.

A popular sweetener that is NOT cleared is Stevia.

Boom
    tumblr_mwo187ejj41s1oepdo1_500.gif
  • techgal128
    Options
    :\ I always ordered diet Coke when I was fat....it helped wash down my Big Mac, supersized fries and 6 chicken nuggets!!

Remember, none of that counts because you had a diet soda! :wink:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Why is it better for you?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

Obviously the diet coke made you fat :)

I used to drink diet coke all the time at work when I was younger. It stopped me eating lol. I was thin. I've gone off diet drinks now, although I had a craving for coke zero in my first pregnancy.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    People who eat carrots have a 100% mortality rate.

I was literally eating carrots when I read this.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    SyzygyX wrote: »

I'm doomed! DOOOOOOOMED!!!!
    hqdefault.jpg

Fudge, Packer?

Ha!! Tom Cruise!! I remember when South Park called him a Fudge Packer
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    People of all sizes drink diet soda. I drank diet soda when I was obese, and I drink it now at 103 pounds, and have seen no adverse effects on my weight except for when I drink too much and go over in sodium for the day.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Chicken, meet egg.
  • techgal128
    Options

I was literally eating carrots when I read this.

RIP
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Eh, if it's good enough for 5'10", 105 lb runway models it's good enough for me.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of something, have to go to the commissary and buy me two 2-liter bottles of Coke Zero or Pepsi Max. Whichever is cheaper
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes the drink diet sodas and eat everything under the sun without moderation! THAT is where the FAT comes from, not the diet sodas.

Saw a couple in a restaurant the other day and this is what they EACH ordered WITH their diet sodas: Double bacon cheese burgers, chili fries, onion rings AND double brownie sundaes after they finished their huge meals. But I'm sure it was the diet soda that made them so fat their hineys were hanging over the chairs.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    correlation-does-not-imply-causation.png?fit=848%2C1024

Holy *kitten*!!! Autism causes people to buy organic food??
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Correlation vs causation?
  • techgal128
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    correlation-does-not-imply-causation.png?fit=848%2C1024

Holy *kitten*!!! Autism causes people to buy organic food??

Vaccines = Autism and Autism = Buying organic food. So that must mean big pharma is secretly working with our food suppliers to buy organic food while they get the kickbacks!

ERMAHGERD. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    I think you are oversimplifying the issue. While the jury is still out, there have been numerous studies indicating artificial sweeteners are not good for health in general.
    Yeah, like all the "studies" linking diet soda to obesity. And the ones that show it's bad for rats when they drink more than any human could.