Two weeks and gained weight!

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    magerum wrote: »
    After a winter of pure gluttony I decided it was time to get on track. I have been in a deficit and working out daily for two weeks. I have gained 2 pounds! Clearly the whole calorie in / calorie out model doesn't work for me. Seriously demotivating.
    It's all muscle. Because muscle weighs more than fat.

This makes me feel a little better, thank you!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this thread..... :huh:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

laugh of course!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

This is a very, very, very serious thread :p The OP is obviously in great distress over his distressing weight gain.

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    OP, 3000 calories seems way high for weight loss.
    You are overestimating your calorie burn.
    Eat less and log everything accurately (food scale).

My without-exercise TDEE is (usually) 3100-3400 based on three+ years of weighing/measuring/logging. (I say "usually" because hip surgery about a month ago has affected this.) It looks like OP exercises a lot more/harder than I do and is bigger than I am. It seems very likely that 3000 could be a deficit for him

Why would you assume 3000 calories is too high to be at a deficit? Based on what?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    After a winter of pure gluttony I decided it was time to get on track. I have been in a deficit and working out daily for two weeks. I have gained 2 pounds! Clearly the whole calorie in / calorie out model doesn't work for me. Seriously demotivating.

Carly you have no idea what "calorie in / calorie out" means.

Shirley you can't be serious.
    Neilsen_original.jpg?112d666e
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

My without-exercise TDEE is (usually) 3100-3400 based on three+ years of weighing/measuring/logging. (I say "usually" because hip surgery about a month ago has affected this.) It looks like OP exercises a lot more/harder than I do and is bigger than I am. It seems very likely that 3000 could be a deficit for him

Why would you assume 3000 calories is too high to be at a deficit? Based on what?

I don't know. based on my jealousy, I guess! I want to eat 3000 cals and lose weight!!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

I don't know. based on my jealousy, I guess! I want to eat 3000 cals and lose weight!!!!
    I'd be happy at 2k!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    60478508.jpg
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary... You like to eat lots of junk food. How you can actually lose weight eating 3000 calories a day is a mystery. Perhaps stop hammering the exercise so hard for a while and work out your TDEE and get a decent idea of what you need to create deficit wise would help.
    Refined sugars and the God knows what else you are consuming in all the sugary foods you are eating will be doing your insides no favours.
    Everything in moderation. Snack happy not sugary lardy junk.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    aimeerace wrote: »
    Looking at your diary... You like to eat lots of junk food. How you can actually lose weight eating 3000 calories a day is a mystery. Perhaps stop hammering the exercise so hard for a while and work out your TDEE and get a decent idea of what you need to create deficit wise would help.
    Refined sugars and the God knows what else you are consuming in all the sugary foods you are eating will be doing your insides no favours.

What will it do to his insides.

Probably make them taste better than the insides of an average person thus making him more of a target for cannibals?

Options
    Jgasmic wrote: »

Probably make them taste better than the insides of an average person thus making him more of a target for cannibals?

He will taste better than Augustus Gloop from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    [/b]Refined sugars and the God knows what else you are consuming in all the sugary foods you are eating will be doing your insides no favours.[/b]

I know right?...that's why I'm really pushing a cleanse with him...dude needs to detox big time.

OP...I'm also thinking maybe some cider vinegar as a regular part of your diet. Also, have you tried those ketone thingies? I think they're raspberry flavored or something....heard they're pretty good and really work. Kind of expensive, but if they work...well hey...you can't put price tag on skinny bro....
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Magerum, I think you need to have a peek in on that there insulin...oops!!! leptin thread.

You obviously need to eat more. That poster there will set you straight.

Also, are you eating any bad foods? Do you drink alkalized water?

Should I be?! I know not of alkalized water.

Thank you for your support! :flowerforyou:

You're welcome. If you really want to know where it's at, you'll drink structured water.

Maybe you should cut carbs. Or increase them and eat no fat. I never can get this one straight.

Alkalized water makes me think of this joke:

Two scientists walk into a bar.
    The first one says “I’ll have some H2O.” The second one says, “I’ll have some H2O too.” Then he dies.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Also OP...the egg diet...might want to give that a whirl....
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Also OP...the egg diet...might want to give that a whirl....

A friend of mine did the egg diet recently and lost 1st4lb in a week... :o How incredibly healthy! Lol
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Jgasmic wrote: »

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I kind of feel bad for anyone reading this thread who is trying to get some actual helpful information but then I laugh and don't feel bad any more.