7 foods I am cutting out.

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, I had to have a moderate carb intake, so I cut out bagels. I just never reintroduced them. I should. I miss them.

I kinda cut out bagels. I mean...I'll eat like one a month. It's mostly because they leave me really hungry still and I don't have room to eat them as a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich anymore.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    runnrchic wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Brussels Sprouts (or as I call them, "The Devil's Balls"). Because I hate them.

I never understood the hate for Brussel sprouts. I always liked them.

Me too! I cook them in the iron skillet with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. They are delish.

I grew up next to a farm that grew Brussels sprouts, once harvested they let the plants rot in the field then tilled them under. 20 years later I still recall that horrid smell everytime I see them and it makes me gag.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I cut out wheat products, fruit juice, and potatoes. Still eat them from time to time, but I figured that they just weren't worth the extra calories and carbs on a daily basis.

Soda seems to be a big one for a lot of people in this thread... Always hated that stuff! Can anyone relate?

I never drank it regularly. Maybe a little more so when I was a teenager. I'm not too keen on foods that make my eyes water and cause me to belch uncontrollably.
  • hislittlelights
    hislittlelights Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Beets and fish. I hate the smell so I'm not eating it anyways.

I don't like beets either. I have a friend who loves them. She'd say, "Oh, but they're so delicious. They taste like dirt!"

Really? That's your recommendation. They taste like dirt.

No thanks...I'll pass!

LOL!! They DO taste like dirt! =)

I occasionally eat them in salads (you know, with other things that grew OUT of the dirt). =)
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I don't really cut out anything unless it's a food I know will trigger a binge. Like, I can't have a samoa cookie without eating the whole box, but I can eat other cookies so I don't eliminate cookies lol

This is true for me as well. So I don't keep sweets and chips around very often, although I will say that I did buy Girl Scout cookies in a weak moment. I haven't had any but the rest of the family has chowed down on them.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I tend to cut foods that I don't like, and eat more foods that I do like.

Today, for example, I spent a couple of hours making homemade fresh pasta imbued with basil, and then topped it with chicken, fresh tomatoes, bacon, garlic and red pepper (I forgot to pick up more spinach or that would have gone in too.) I sprinkled this with shredded parmesan and gave it a light drizzle of good balsamic. It was magical. And with an almond snack, I'm just over 1400 cals for the day, which means I need another snack before bed. Probably ice cream.

That is making me really hungry.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Annr wrote: »
    Oregonian still has the floor...hahaha...Was curious. I am deleting 7 foods from my intake. They are; soda, trans fats, regular pasta, fried foods, high fat dairy, white flour and added white sugar. How about everyone else....what have you decided to elliminate?

Only that which I am allergic or intolerant to, or that I don't like. Food groups have zilch to do with weight loss. I choose to eat all foods in moderation.

Totally agree.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

This, plus asparagus.

These are 2 of my favorite veggies!

Cheese-its and marshmallows. These are my trigger foods. I will eat the entire container. Someday I hope to get them back in, but for now...sigh...
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Me too! I cook them in the iron skillet with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. They are delish.

chopped, sauteed then cooked in butter with salt pepper and bacon. They tend to be delish that way too (paprika sounds interesting)
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

chopped, sauteed then cooked in butter with salt pepper and bacon. They tend to be delish that way too (paprika sounds interesting)

I keep them whole (protip: if they are on the large side, cut an X into the stem end so they cook through!) and sautee them in garlic butter or roast them with pancetta.

Brussels Sprouts are DELICIOUS.

Cantaloupe is awful, though. Blech. Evil, nasty stuff.
  • arditarose
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

I keep them whole (protip: if they are on the large side, cut an X into the stem end so they cook through!) and sautee them in garlic butter or roast them with pancetta.

Love them with pancetta or bacon. Maple glazed. Nom.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out anything unless I don't like it. Though I am proud that I haven't eaten fast food in three years. That is mostly about disliking the politics of the fast food industry and choosing to use my calories other places. If I want a hamburger, I go to a real restaurant or make it at home.
    I think Chipotle is about as fast food as I get, and I'm not even sure they are really in that category. Other than this, I am not a fast food person, though I find nothing wrong with it. I just don't want it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I cut out soda years ago. Such a waist of calories. Same with fast food. In the past 10 years I've probably eaten fast food 3-4 times. So not worth the price and calories.

I cut back on most purchased prepared foods many years ago. I still have a weakness for chips, chocolate, beer and wine. Periodically I have to reevaluate how much I'm eating/drinking and scale it back. That's what I'm doing now.

That, and trying to learn to cook with less fat.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

OMG, yes! I went to Mexico once and bought what I thought was an orange popsicle. It was cantaloupe flavored. :s Gross! Why would someone do that? LOL

• chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

OMG, yes! I went to Mexico once and bought what I thought was an orange popsicle. It was cantaloupe flavored. :s Gross! Why would someone do that? LOL

LOL, I love cantaloupe, but I would absolutely despise a popsicle that tasted like one... But then again, I'm not big on popsicles because of my tonsillectomy last year, and the doctor said "eat cold foods, it will help"... I ate like 5 boxes of them in two weeks, and I can tell you it didn't help the pain one bit, but it was the only thing I could eat... I don't think I will ever eat one again :( It's a shame, I used to love them when I was a kid!

I've cut out soda(and chips) over the past month and a half... I think that's a HUGE reason I'm losing a lot of weight(I used to probably drink a 2liter a day...) It's actually really disgusting to think about!!! Much more loving my black coffee, tea, and my water! Much more energy these days!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    Spoiled food, stale food, and cauliflower substituting recipes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • saraelizaphant
    saraelizaphant Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Eliminating food really boils down to choice. I've easily cut soda, frozen meals and chips, because they're not worth it to me, and I do not miss them.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    ...what have you decided to elliminate?

Why would one eleminate anything. If one gets sufficient fuel for the training, along with the general objectives of weight management and sports performance it's not that important. Excepting allergies or adverse reactions of course.