Detox before weight loss?

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    OP, don't listen to all this negativity. I've had a lot of success with a cleanse I developed. It's helped rid my liver of a lot of excess toxins and, after 3 rounds, my body is nearly 95% chemical free. Let me know if you want more info.

260282_dd8db239842e2a82030f7a0aaaae9bb1_large.jpg

OMG. I die.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Nope. You don't need any kind of detox unless we're talking about drug addiction.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    OP, don't listen to all this negativity. I've had a lot of success with a cleanse I developed. It's helped rid my liver of a lot of excess toxins and, after 3 rounds, my body is nearly 95% chemical free. Let me know if you want more info.

260282_dd8db239842e2a82030f7a0aaaae9bb1_large.jpg

60542994.jpg
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I believe detox's is a racket. A normal functioning body does not need a detox.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    OP, I will give you some free advice, but for full instructions, you'll have to buy my upcoming book, The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Detoxification & De-Chemicalization of the Body, Purification of the Soul.
    60543041.jpg
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    No.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Step 2:
    d7cdf62069f3227275a3cece64441dce.jpg
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    By "people", do you mean Dr. Oz?
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Step 2:
    d7cdf62069f3227275a3cece64441dce.jpg

This cleanser is using high-test "water" to mix the drink. That's an advanced technique, and I cover customized cleansing like that in Chapter 201: Peep Into the Future: How To Take The Peep Cleanse To The Next Level of my upcoming book, The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM); My Life On 2200 Calories of Peeps A Day, or Why Is Everyone Shaking? Are We Having An Earthquake? I Don't Feel Anything.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    You need to hang around with smarter 'people'.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    OP, I will give you some free advice, but for full instructions, you'll have to buy my upcoming book, The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Detoxification & De-Chemicalization of the Body, Purification of the Soul.
    60543041.jpg
    Solid 1000th post!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options

Your "cleanses" always crack me up! I love your peep cleanse the best so far I think!
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    No detox done here... almost 3 months and 24lbs lost...

Your body can do amazing things on its own if you allow it...
  • amitkatz0
    amitkatz0 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Anytime you hear somebody use the words "toxins" in a sales pitch, that should immediately raise a red flag. Its a sign they have no idea what they're talking about and are trying to pressure you into buying snake oil. The word is so overused and misunderstood that it has practically become meaningless.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Step 3

Join a yoga class, it helps move the gas through the lower intestine

peeps-yoga.jpg
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Reached goal weight, never have and never will do any of these so-called "detoxes". Kidneys and liver function just fine. :smile:
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    Reached goal weight, never have and never will do any of these so-called "detoxes". Kidneys and liver function just fine. :smile:
    AMEN 100+ lbs gone, no detox's and no shakes, just working out and watching my caloric intake.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    No way.

Just making healthier food choices will make your body feel as if you've detoxed.

Don't listen to anyone trying to sell you Detox Teas, or Detox pills or whatever. (more than) half the time you won't even know what you are getting in those "Detox" regimens since supplements are not regulated by the FDA.

It kills me when I see so many "fitness girls" on social media promoting b.s Detox Teas / Diet Teas when you can clearly see from their muscular hypertrophy that they are clearly doing resistance training. Yet they claim all they do is sip tea and lay out on the beach for selfies.

The weight loss industry is HUGELY profitable. Why? because people are always going to be trying to install fear in people. Making them think that their efforts are not good enough on their own. That eating well and working out won't give you results. That ultimately you will fail.

Why?

Because you can't make billions of dollars selling useless supplements and fads unless people believe that the only way to success comes with buying a product.

I am not saying all supplements are crap. But I believe that most are unnecessary and some can even be harmful.

I think your friends probably mean well. But they are misinformed.

Don't buy into the fear mongering that your efforts alone are not good enough.

If it was as easy as drinking tea or spending $19.99 at the drugstore, then everyone would be thin.

No tea will empower you, or make you thinner /purer/ toxin free & bushy tailed.

Eat well, exercise, use MFP to track and learn as much as you can.

You CAN do this.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

Seriously? How did this get flagged?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Seriously? How did this get flagged?

I didn't flag it but someone that doesn't know your schtick - such as OP - may think you are serious and could be confused.

That being said, bashing OP's friends is pretty lame (not directed at tincan). They are just throwing out crap that maybe we all believed in at one point. Doesn't make them idiots or dumb. Everyone on here probably believes in something that someone else would consider us dumb for doing so. I'm sure some of you guys believe in the Lock Ness Monster or that space aliens have visited us.