Detox before weight loss?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

I don't know about toxins and really I am not concerned of them but beating up on someone for asking a question isn't my game. I just read that the lemon water is used as a detox but personally I drink it for other reasons so I was trying to share a quick low cost option if she decides to still do a "detox". Sorry you got so offended by such a polite response.

Sharing bogus fake information that you read somewhere isn't helpful. Truthful information is helpful. Accurate information is helpful. Politeness should always be helpful. Otherwise you're hurting someone else just to make yourself feel like a "polite" person.

Do you care more about appearance or reality?

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Unless you've ingested to many pills or other toxin that requires activated charcoal (given by emergency room doctors), going through drug addiction detox or have kidneys that don't work which requires dialysis, you have no toxins which require a "detox", so save your money and eat less calories than you burn.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    OP, I will give you some free advice, but for full instructions, you'll have to buy my upcoming book, The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Detoxification & De-Chemicalization of the Body, Purification of the Soul.
    60543041.jpg

God give it a rest. Maybe just once try and contribute something useful to a thread...

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    elias1609 wrote: »
    People keep telling me that I have to detox my body before dieting, or I will loose little to no weight. Is this true?

It's always funny when people respond as if you just insulted their mom by asking a simple question. If you really want to do something with some type of cleanse just drink 2 cups warm water and 2 tbsp lemon juice right away in the morning and eat as would normally all day, it is a natural detox BUT with lemon's other benefits it's worth it. Honestly though it's great even if you decide not to do a detox.
    Name one toxin.

Hint: there aren't any

I don't know about toxins and really I am not concerned of them but beating up on someone for asking a question isn't my game. I just read that the lemon water is used as a detox but personally I drink it for other reasons so I was trying to share a quick low cost option if she decides to still do a "detox". Sorry you got so offended by such a polite response.

I don't think they were beating up on OP, just having a bit of a joke with each other. It's a running thing around here right now.

My personal opinion (one I believe is shared by many here) is that spreading misinformation is always harmful. The best support you can give a person is the truth. And detoxes aren't it.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    OP, I will give you some free advice, but for full instructions, you'll have to buy my upcoming book, The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Detoxification & De-Chemicalization of the Body, Purification of the Soul.
    60543041.jpg

God give it a rest. Maybe just once try and contribute something useful to a thread...

Satire isn't useful? Man, my high school lit teacher lied to me, and Jonathan Swift is a fraud.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    60543041.jpg

I assure you, we're this a useful thread, my comments would be useful.

FYI - Red Peeps can be used to detox sticks from butts.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Are these people also trying to sell you whatever scam detox you need? They're just trying to use your desperation to pad their wallets. You'll do just fine without throwing away your hard earned money first.

We have a winner. Many of the detox products and the people pushing them are multi-level marketers happy to "help" you.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    People keep telling me that I have to detox my body before dieting, or I will loose little to no weight. Is this true?

It's always funny when people respond as if you just insulted their mom by asking a simple question. If you really want to do something with some type of cleanse just drink 2 cups warm water and 2 tbsp lemon juice right away in the morning and eat as would normally all day, it is a natural detox BUT with lemon's other benefits it's worth it. Honestly though it's great even if you decide not to do a detox.
    Name one toxin.

Hint: there aren't any

you read wrong …

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    60543041.jpg

I assure you, we're were this a useful thread, my comments would be useful.

FTFY - Stop posting in the forums from your phone with the stupid ducking autocorrect, TinCan!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member

Valentine-Pops-by-Love-From-The-Oven-17-2.png

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    And really what is the harm of drinking lemon water? You act as if I told her to go to the nearest Walmart and buy the most expensive detox crap on the shelf. It's lemon water if anything she gets some Vitamin C

It is totally unneeded. If her kidneys and liver are working properly there is no need to "detox" and it does absolutely nothing. If they are not working properly you need medical intervention, not some silly "detox plan".

It's lemon water.... that's all I suggested. Lemon juice and Water.

The point is that the only thing you should be recommending with those ingredients is a nice lemonade. There's no such thing as a detox (except for that one...the name escapes me at the moment) and to just blithely throw that out there is kind of ignorant on a fitness website.

The master cleanse
    :s
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    60543041.jpg

I assure you, we're were this a useful thread, my comments would be useful.

FTFY - Stop posting in the forums from your phone with the stupid ducking autocorrect, TinCan!

I hear some users can experience Peep Fog in the first week of the Cleanse. Just keep at it and clarity will be yours!
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    My kids and I are trying to be healthy so tonight we chopped up peeps and put them in yogurt because you know, calcium. It was DELICIOUS.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Step 2:
    d7cdf62069f3227275a3cece64441dce.jpg

I thought that was vodka in the bottle. That I can deal with
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    andympanda wrote: »
    Step 2:

Me too. Then I got to thinking how moonshine would taste if i did that.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Dude. Graves or GTFO.

High test cleanse.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    I swear by the McDonald's Coffee with One Cream AT LEAST twice a day cleanse and detox.

If I skip my detox I feel bloated, icky, and retain water and poop like crazy!

Note that Tim Horton's, 7-11, or Starbucks products do not provide the same health benefits as the McDonald's Coffee with One Cream cleanse, and if you drink that other crap you will just NOT LOSE ANY WEIGHT!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    andympanda wrote: »
    Step 2:

Me too. Then I got to thinking how moonshine would taste if i did that.

Go home, peep. You're drunk.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member

No, no, noooooo....don't listen to those people.

It is not true (as I'm sure others have answered by now :))
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    OP, don't listen to all this negativity. I've had a lot of success with a cleanse I developed. It's helped rid my liver of a lot of excess toxins and, after 3 rounds, my body is nearly 95% chemical free. Let me know if you want more info.

You tease. I was hoping for an awesome meme.
    Apparently five people thought he was serious, 'cause his response is...ahem...invisible.