Replies

• 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    "they" don't know what they're are talking about
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Well done, sir. I am eagerly awaiting the next sub-title for the upcoming book. Tell me where I can pre-order, please?
    The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Detoxification & De-Chemicalization of the Body, Purification of the Soul.

The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM); My Life On 2200 Calories of Peeps A Day, or Why Is Everyone Shaking? Are We Having An Earthquake? I Don't Feel Anything.

The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Can't Peep This - The Rise Of The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) And Its Importance To Early '90's Rap

The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): A Year Of Peeps; An Introspective View Of One Family's Journey Of Self-Discovery, Self-Awakening, And Self-Cleansing.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Well done, sir. I am eagerly awaiting the next sub-title for the upcoming book. Tell me where I can pre-order, please?
    The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Detoxification & De-Chemicalization of the Body, Purification of the Soul.

The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM); My Life On 2200 Calories of Peeps A Day, or Why Is Everyone Shaking? Are We Having An Earthquake? I Don't Feel Anything.

The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Can't Peep This - The Rise Of The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) And Its Importance To Early '90's Rap

The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): A Year Of Peeps; An Introspective View Of One Family's Journey Of Self-Discovery, Self-Awakening, And Self-Cleansing.

You know, of all the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) titles I've posted (and there are many more in other threads) the 2nd on this list might be my favorite.
  • Cortelli
    Options

You know, of all the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) titles I've posted (and there are many more in other threads) the 2nd on this list might be my favorite.

When I read that, I could only see Calvin eating his Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs. Surely this strip inspired you on that one? (and a great sub title it was)

("you know why you shake like that? Vitamin deficiency, I'll bet")
  • tincanonastring
    Options

When I read that, I could only see Calvin eating his Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs. Surely this strip inspired you on that one? (and a great sub title it was)

("you know why you shake like that? Vitamin deficiency, I'll bet")

I know the strip, yes! I'm not sure it was a direct inspiration, but it very well could have influenced me on a subconscious level!

So, I found the following titles in a quick search:

The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Cleansing In The Modern Age; How Peeps Helped Detox My Liver And Kickstarted My Metabolism.

The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM):The Story Of A Man, A Mallow, And A Dream.

What Is The Best Cleanse Ever And Why Is It The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Everything You Never Knew You Wanted To Know About Consuming Large Amounts Of Sugared Marshmallow Chicken Babies.

The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) And You: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Ridding Toxins And Other Harmful Chemicals Using The Power Of Peeps.
  • Cortelli
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So on board with the 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM)! Awesomeness! And I already have favorite chapters / focus points that I'll beeline to. Awaiting pre-order info at this point. :drinker:

ETA: "The Rise Of The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) And Its Importance To Early '90's Rap" is also inspired. Might be my favorite.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Oh bummer! Some people just don't know good sarcasm and wit when they see it. :neutral_face:
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    elias1609 wrote: »
    People keep telling me that I have to detox my body before dieting, or I will loose little to no weight. Is this true?

It's always funny when people respond as if you just insulted their mom by asking a simple question. If you really want to do something with some type of cleanse just drink 2 cups warm water and 2 tbsp lemon juice right away in the morning and eat as would normally all day, it is a natural "detox" BUT with lemon's other benefits it's worth it. Honestly though it's great even if you decide not to do a detox.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    People keep telling me that I have to detox my body before dieting, or I will loose little to no weight. Is this true?

It's always funny when people respond as if you just insulted their mom by asking a simple question. If you really want to do something with some type of cleanse just drink 2 cups warm water and 2 tbsp lemon juice right away in the morning and eat as would normally all day, it is a natural detox BUT with lemon's other benefits it's worth it. Honestly though it's great even if you decide not to do a detox.
    Name one "toxin" water with lemon get rid of.

Hint: there aren't any
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's always funny when people respond as if you just insulted their mom by asking a simple question. If you really want to do something with some type of cleanse just drink 2 cups warm water and 2 tbsp lemon juice right away in the morning and eat as would normally all day, it is a natural "detox" BUT with lemon's other benefits it's worth it. Honestly though it's great even if you decide not to do a detox.

She asked if it was true that without a detox she wouldn't lose weight. The resounding answer is - no, it's not true. I don't see the problem.
  • Generic_Excuse
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

It's always funny when people respond as if you just insulted their mom by asking a simple question. If you really want to do something with some type of cleanse just drink 2 cups warm water and 2 tbsp lemon juice right away in the morning and eat as would normally all day, it is a natural detox BUT with lemon's other benefits it's worth it. Honestly though it's great even if you decide not to do a detox.
    Name one toxin.

I don't know about toxins and really I am not concerned of them but beating up on someone for asking a question isn't my game. I just read that the lemon water is used as a detox but personally I drink it for other reasons so I was trying to share a quick low cost option if she decides to still do a "detox". Sorry you got so offended by such a polite response.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    nag3xa6c3tbtkjymdhkp.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Name one toxin.

I don't know about toxins and really I am not concerned of them but beating up on someone for asking a question isn't my game. I just read that the lemon water is used as a detox but personally I drink it for other reasons so I was trying to share a quick low cost option if she decides to still do a "detox". Sorry you got so offended by such a polite response.

I don't see any beating up. She asked a question, got a definitive answer. People then had fun with the topic. It's not even like the OP came in with her own opinion on detoxes and got shouted down.
  • elphie754
    Options

Name one toxin.

So you know nothing of the subject but state that water with lemon is a good detox?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Options

Name one toxin.

So you know nothing of the subject but state that water with lemon is a good detox?

I don't know about detoxing. Yes. But I drink lemon water every morning to help with my digestive system and I have read that is supposedly good for helping the digestive tract expel toxins. I was sharing the tip. Go ahead and attack me for it but I never said to detox or that was the only way to lose weight so take it how you please.
  • Generic_Excuse
    Options
    And really what is the harm of drinking lemon water? You act as if I told her to go to the nearest Walmart and buy the most expensive detox crap on the shelf. It's lemon water if anything she gets some Vitamin C
  • elphie754
    Options
    And really what is the harm of drinking lemon water? You act as if I told her to go to the nearest Walmart and buy the most expensive detox crap on the shelf. It's lemon water if anything she gets some Vitamin C

It is totally unneeded. If her kidneys and liver are working properly there is no need to "detox" and it does absolutely nothing. If they are not working properly you need medical intervention, not some silly "detox plan".
  • Generic_Excuse
    Options

It is totally unneeded. If her kidneys and liver are working properly there is no need to "detox" and it does absolutely nothing. If they are not working properly you need medical intervention, not some silly "detox plan".

It's lemon water.... that's all I suggested. Lemon juice and Water.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

It's lemon water.... that's all I suggested. Lemon juice and Water.

The point is that the only thing you should be recommending with those ingredients is a nice lemonade. There's no such thing as a detox (except for that one...the name escapes me at the moment) and to just blithely throw that out there is kind of ignorant on a fitness website.