The Truth About Calories.

Options

Replies

• donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    M2M, you are sounding quite sensitive tonight. Are you angry? And please don't call me Surely.

Mama, where are your manners tonight?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    M2M, you are sounding quite sensitive tonight. Are you angry? And please don't call me Surely.

Mama, where are your manners tonight?

is it a full moon?? I'm in a mighty grumpy mood today! :confounded:

• donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Lol.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    The truth is...

...calories taste good.

At least if they're encased in chocolate.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who likes grocery shopping while hungry? I wind up with the best treats that way to last me months!

I'm a super focused shopper almost anywhere but a book store or record shop. I go in and go out when Christmas shopping and am much more that way when grocery shopping. I don't want to be wandering around deciding random things look good, but to buy the few things I came for, chip chop!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who likes grocery shopping while hungry? I wind up with the best treats that way to last me months!

I'm a super focused shopper almost anywhere but a book store or record shop. I go in and go out when Christmas shopping and am much more that way when grocery shopping. I don't want to be wandering around deciding random things look good, but to buy the few things I came for, chip chop!

I wander. I also wander around in general stores too... I'll riffle through the same section 5 times just in case I missed something cute LOL.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I see some thread cleanup had taken place, ugh.

And I could gladly clean up some more if you prefer? ;)

Or should I just concentrate on the attacks and other direct violations?

• mynameisoliverqueen
    mynameisoliverqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The problem is refined SUGARS! Cut the sugars right down, and you will use more body fat.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Does anyone even really get offered cheesecake every day? I certainly don't. What is this magical fairy world where cheesecake is constantly before you?

apparently the same world where you get unlimited oreos, cake, donut,s and ice cream offered to you as well…

"junklandia"???
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    The problem is refined SUGARS! Cut the sugars right down, and you will use more body fat.

You might want to read up on how those things work before posting.
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was going to message the OP, but it looks like she has deactivated her account.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Well that couldn't be further from the truth.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

This is not true. If it were true, for all the years that I refused to eat sugar because I thought it was bad, I would not have fat, or as fat as I was. ;)
  • Tabithas_Transformation
    Options
    I am genuinely disturbed by how grossly misinterpreted this programme was by the OP.

I've just finished watching it and its entire emphasis was on NOT cutting anything out. The programme was about the science behind what a calorie is, how the calorie is absorbed by the body, how you don't have to cut anything out to lose weight because CICO and how portion control plus little food swaps (eg: double cream instead of butter in mash) can save you calories.

The presenter said on too many occasions to count that you don't have to eat just celery to lose weight. He was all about the chips, chocolate and cheesecake actually. His point was to understand how many calories your body needs, how many it burns and to eat less than maintenance calories to lose weight.

How anyone reached the conclusion that it was about cutting out food items is beyond me.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Ravachu wrote: »
    I am genuinely disturbed by how grossly misinterpreted this programme was by the OP.

I've just finished watching it and its entire emphasis was on NOT cutting anything out. The programme was about the science behind what a calorie is, how the calorie is absorbed by the body, how you don't have to cut anything out to lose weight because CICO and how portion control plus little food swaps (eg: double cream instead of butter in mash) can save you calories.

The presenter said on too many occasions to count that you don't have to eat just celery to lose weight. He was all about the chips, chocolate and cheesecake actually. His point was to understand how many calories your body needs, how many it burns and to eat less than maintenance calories to lose weight.

How anyone reached the conclusion that it was about cutting out food items is beyond me.

She didn't misinterpret or conclude any such thing:

"Just wanted to share this great documentary I recently watched on bbciplayer as it has me motivated again. It's called "The Truth About Calories" and you can find it on bbciplayer."

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

"Just wanted to share this great documentary I recently watched on bbciplayer as it has me motivated again. It's called "The Truth About Calories" and you can find it on bbciplayer."

Why did you leave out her last sentence?
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    vitaminski wrote: »
    Oh dear what have I done? I was just referring to myself when it came to the chips, chocolate and cheesecake as I love them all and need a bit of motivation to eat less and found the programme motivational. As I said if you don't find this helpful to you am sure there is something out there that is. To each their own. :D

Keep in mind this is MFP. We all have to be the same. There is a list of rules that you are to follow and if you don't you are wrong.

Edit.

Also, you will binge everyday for the rest of your life and gain 240 pounds if you cut the 'bad' foods out. So don't cut the 'bad' foods out.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options

Why did you leave out her last sentence?
    Because the beginning and end of the OP's post had nothing to do with the program. I only quoted the relevant bit.