Weird Addiction Happening

Options

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i go through food phases. Not an addiction, just a thing I do.
  • CorinnaShaw
    CorinnaShaw Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Nevermind. I stand corrected. Eat Stop Eat does 24 hour fasts. I don't know how advisable it is for a diabetic to be doing it.

I thought that was 5:2 and you eat like minimal calories on those days 200 to 400..???

No. I just have a really big meal once a day and the other things I eat are pretty minimal when I do eat them.

So you are eating throughout the day, they are just low calorie intakes.

Not fasting?

"Wait, so your schedule now looks like this?

3 or 4pm you eat.
    Midnight 8 units
    Noon 8 units
    3 or 4pm you eat
    Midnight 8 units
    Noon 8 units

Is that correct?"

"Yeah pretty much. Sometimes I snack before bedtime but I already said what kind of things I snack on".

Omg what did I say. I see this cycling again. What part of snack or small meal do you not comprehend?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Nevermind. I stand corrected. Eat Stop Eat does 24 hour fasts. I don't know how advisable it is for a diabetic to be doing it.

I thought that was 5:2 and you eat like minimal calories on those days 200 to 400..???

No. I just have a really big meal once a day and the other things I eat are pretty minimal when I do eat them.

Not fasting?

3 or 4pm you eat.
    Midnight 8 units
    Noon 8 units
    3 or 4pm you eat
    Midnight 8 units
    Noon 8 units

Is that correct?"

"Yeah pretty much. Sometimes I snack before bedtime but I already said what kind of things I snack on".

I don't understand what that even means. what are units?

I missed an important thread, didn't I?
  • CorinnaShaw
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    No IF protocol that I know of calls for 24 hour abstention from food.

Eat Stop Eat (possibly the most well known IF protocol) has 24 hour fasting windows. Warrior Diet - also widely known - is close with 4 hour eating windows.

And Fat Loss Forever has a 36 hour fasting window.

Yikes. I think I would die from the mental hunger alone on a 36 hour fasting period. Haha
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    You had the flu fasted for 24 hours ate oranges and soup and your question is? I may have missed a few steps in there. . . .and your type 1 diabetic?

Yes, I am type 1 diabetic. What I am saying is that while I had the flu, the only thing I ate was soup and oranges and now fast forward over a month later and I am still craving them. Is this bad or am I okay? Is it a sign of something like maybe some sort of deficiency or an addiction? Should I even be giving it a second thought?

Okay I got it now. Is it bad? No. Unless your Catholic and your priest isn't an orange fan. I think the soup(at least the sodium) may be something you want if you are moving(exercising more). As for a second thought. . . .nah. Enjoy it and move on.
  • ana3067
    Options

Not fasting?

3 or 4pm you eat.
    Midnight 8 units
    Noon 8 units
    3 or 4pm you eat
    Midnight 8 units
    Noon 8 units

Is that correct?"

Omg what did I say. I see this cycling again. What part of snack or small meal do you not comprehend?

Snacking or small meal during the fasting portion of an IF schedule means you aren't fasting... it just means you eat a big meal, then hours later you eat a small bit of food, etc.

Also broth isn't calorie free so..... if you drink that while "fasting" you aren't actually fasting.
  • CorinnaShaw
    edited April 2015
    Options

Not fasting?

Not so much through out the day. I typically only have 1-2 snacks and I rarely need insulin for them because (unless it's fruit) they are low carb. Sometimes I break it up and have a snack before my meal and one after my meal. Unless my snacks invokes meat, they are almost never over 100 calories.
  • ana3067
    Options

Not fasting?

Not so much through out the day. I typically only have 1-2 snacks and I rarely need insulin for them because (unless it's fruit) they are low carb. Sometimes I break it up and have a snack before my meal and one after my meal. Unless my snacks invokes meat, they are almost never over 100 calories.

So during your fasting period, you eat food?

Again, not fasting?

And again, fasting + diabetes = not good?

tumblr_n5c30aI4sT1rtlvzno5_500.gif
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Not fasting?

3 or 4pm you eat.
    Midnight 8 units
    Noon 8 units
    3 or 4pm you eat
    Midnight 8 units
    Noon 8 units

Is that correct?"

Not fasting?

3 or 4pm you eat.
    Midnight 8 units
    Noon 8 units
    3 or 4pm you eat
    Midnight 8 units
    Noon 8 units

Is that correct?"

I don't understand what that even means. what are units?

I missed an important thread, didn't I?

Here is the thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10122024/tips-for-eating-out/p1
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good grief. Fasting does not require complete abstinence from food.

Any given protocol may or may not call for complete abstinence, but the term fasting itself means anything from no food to large reduction in food to exclusion of specific foods.

Seems pretty clear the OP is using the term "fasting" in the context of what makes sense for her pre-existing medical condition.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm just going to leave this here and continue having a headache... Also, @ana3067 , the community gif is awesomely fitting.

verb (used without object)
    to abstain from all food.
    to eat only sparingly or of certain kinds of food, especially as a religious observance.
    verb (used with object)
    to cause to abstain entirely from or limit food; put on a fast:
    to fast a patient for a day before surgery.
    noun
    an abstinence from food, or a limiting of one's food, especially when voluntary and as a religious observance; fasting.
    a day or period of fasting.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Not fasting?

So during your fasting period, you eat food?

Again, not fasting?

And again, fasting + diabetes = not good?

tumblr_n5c30aI4sT1rtlvzno5_500.gif

wroupvfrbofa.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Eat Stop Eat (possibly the most well known IF protocol) has 24 hour fasting windows. Warrior Diet - also widely known - is close with 4 hour eating windows.

i forgot about the warrior diet..

I thought 5:2 was maintenance on five days and like 200 calories on other two days???

but it was been a few years since I was did IF ...
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    You can "bahahahaha" all you like...

From Miriam-Webster:

1. To abstain from food
    2. To eat sparingly or abstain from certain foods

From Oxford:

1. Abstain from all or some kinds of food or drink, especially as a religious observance:

• jigglyjessica
    jigglyjessica Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ok confession, I went through a period where I could barely afford much food and I'd save and drink the pasta water
  • CountryOutback
    Options
    There is a healthy version of "chicken bouillon"....it is vegan and just a mixture of herbs...tastes just like the real thing!
  • ana3067
    Options
    @Serah87 omg THAT thread o.o I saw that one and just backed out of it. Didn't realize it ballooned.
  • Mr_Knight
    Options

i forgot about the warrior diet..

I thought 5:2 was maintenance on five days and like 200 calories on other two days???

but it was been a few years since I was did IF ...

At this point, I think there's a protocol for every possible number of hours in the eating window and every possible number of calories inside and outside the eating windows. :smiley:

From the papers I've read, meaningful physiological benefits start kicking in around hour 16, so IMO it's all good - just find one that works and is adherable. For me it's 18-6, although I haven't actually tried to do a 24hr yet.