i know this is a weight loss wesbite...

Options
12345679»

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    fbmandy55 wrote: »

Can I ask a question? WHAT IS THE ORANGE STUFF???? Are they serving hot sauce with fruit? I ask myself this question daily when I open my app.

Kinda looks like Catalina salad dressing...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    fbmandy55 wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    Interesting thing about MFP, from their "about" section of their website.

"Losing weight isn't easy - we know. But with a membership to MyFitnessPal.com, you'll get the tools you need to successfully take weight off - and keep it off. And best of all, everything on our site is 100% FREE. So put away your credit card - you'll never have to pay a cent.

Study after study has confirmed the benefits of keeping track of the food you eat and the activity you do. It's simple - the more consistently you track your food intake, the more likely you are to lose weight. That's why every successful weight management program suggests that you keep a food diary and/or an activity log. But recording everything you eat without the right tools can be tedious at best, or simply impossible at worst.

At MyFitnessPal.com, we focus on making sure you can log your meals as quickly and easily as possible. Because the easier we make it for you, the more likely you are to stay on track, and the more likely you are to succeed in your weight loss goals."

The entire page is about weight loss. Nothing about fitness in general. Just weight loss and calorie counting. Just thought I'd throw that out there because some folks are saying MFP isn't a weight loss website, but obviously some people get the idea from somewhere that it is.

I'll say that the majority of people use MFP as a weight loss tool; however, in another section of the website, MFP paints their "About" section (under 'Jobs') in much broader strokes including mentions of fitness:

"MyFitnessPal helps millions of people stay healthier and happier. With a database of more than 4 million foods and hundreds of exercises, top fitness technology partners, community support, insights, and seamless access to your personal health information across all major platforms, MyFitnessPal is the leading free resource for achieving and maintaining health goals."

Even if you look at the community forums, you see numerous threads about maintaining, gaining weight, or even about fitness in general.

Not trying to get into a pissing contest...I guess since I am one of those people who is saying that MFP isn't a weight loss website I felt the need to respond.
    xaxawgzwnsf6.png

I'd say it's weight-loss focused. Especially considering that the weight loss forum is pretty much the busiest.

Can I ask a question? WHAT IS THE ORANGE STUFF???? Are they serving hot sauce with fruit? I ask myself this question daily when I open my app.

This has always bothered me.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the orange stuff is supposed to be carrot juice.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »

I could see that at a different angle. To me it appears to be a short dish and not a glass.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

That's what I always thought until just now staring at the picture. Is it a weird shadow that rendered badly on top, or a plastic lid covering some kind of dressing/sauce?
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

That's what I always thought until just now staring at the picture. Is it a weird shadow that rendered badly on top, or a plastic lid covering some kind of dressing/sauce?

It looks like a lid to me. It looks almost exactly like the French (or "house") dressing that you can get at a Pockets, in fact.

I realize that's not what it's supposed to be, but that's why the juxtaposition with the fruit has always seemed odd.

This conversation has also made me realize that I've never ever had carrot juice and see no reason to change that.
  • JPW1990
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

It looks like a lid to me. It looks almost exactly like the French (or "house") dressing that you can get at a Pockets, in fact.

I realize that's not what it's supposed to be, but that's why the juxtaposition with the fruit has always seemed odd.

This conversation has also made me realize that I've never ever had carrot juice and see no reason to change that.

It's actually not bad. The first few weeks after my surgery was liquid only, then started integrating soft foods. My mom got a bunch of different juices so I wouldn't get bored, and that was one I really expected not to like, but did. What it did to me wasn't so pretty, but it tasted good.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

It's actually not bad. The first few weeks after my surgery was liquid only, then started integrating soft foods. My mom got a bunch of different juices so I wouldn't get bored, and that was one I really expected not to like, but did. What it did to me wasn't so pretty, but it tasted good.

I've never ever had carrot juice and see no reason to change that.
    the subsequent statement (also in bold) further reinforces that feeling for me. I don't want to know what it does to you. LOL
  • JPW1990
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »

I've never ever had carrot juice and see no reason to change that.
    the subsequent statement (also in bold) further reinforces that feeling for me. I don't want to know what it does to you. LOL

LOL what it does to me is for a health reason, not normal for normal people, I should've clarified.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I have a weird prejudice against juice. While there are some I know and quite like, my mind is kind of closed to others.

What I could never learn to like, which is weird because I love gazpacho, is tomato juice. There was just something wrong about it pretending to be a drink when it was supposed to be a food that always defeated me. I tried really hard to like it too, since back when I drank I always wanted to be able to enjoy Bloody Marys.