Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

TIL - Today I Learned...

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    That's one reason I don't like bike riding! #bonybutt
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    That's one reason I don't like bike riding! #bonybutt

Ugh that's a sore that lasts for days :/

• QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Today I learned that I need to ask my husband to clarify his words before I take it wrong and get pissy. :)
  • Oops_Myhaloslipped
    Oops_Myhaloslipped Posts: 3,892 Member
    TIL that lifting really does get easier, I upped my weights, reps, and sets! I've always been more of a cardio girl, but recently decided I wanted definition, so yes, I'm new to lifting :)
  • MireyGal76
    TIL that lifting really does get easier, I upped my weights, reps, and sets! I've always been more of a cardio girl, but recently decided I wanted definition, so yes, I'm new to lifting :)

This is fantastic, congrats!!
  • MireyGal76
    YIL (shoot me, I'm a day late lol) that my jigsaw works!

I used my new jigsaw to cut out plywood bumper plates to bring my deadlift bar up to regulation height. (my height + smaller weight = bad form)

The plywood is 1/2" and I cut four 18" circles... So two for each side, glued and screwed. In total, they weigh 10.2 lbs.

Works AWESOME!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    TIL my right hand gets much colder than my left hand for some reason. Am I having a stroke?

Friction?
  • Michika101
    Michika101 Posts: 7 Member
    Today I learned that when you're living is a dorm or hostel, it's pointless to get upset when you have an entire week of heavy carb meals, because the only other option is eating out and that's not a good idea in the middle of finals week
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    ISABELLA2U wrote: »
    Don't spit into fan. Fan spits back.

haaaaaa
  • MireyGal76
    TIL that I can still love somebody in spite of the fact that they listen to Nickelback, Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, One Direction, and Air Supply.

Haha! I don't know that Mike would still love me if I listened to Nickelback. All the rest, maybe... but Nickelback... he reaaaaaallly hates them. HAHA
  • novelle21
    novelle21 Posts: 819 Member
    TIL I don't like Starbucks cheesecake
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Today I learned...

A lot.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    TIL that the company I work for outsourced work to India, because there aren't people in America that need jobs or anything #disappointed
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    TIL that I am pretty decent at arts & crafts.
  • ladykate26
    ladykate26 Posts: 1,134 Member
    TIL it's pretty hard to put shelves together without sounding flirty discussing size of screws- length, girth Etc
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited May 2015
    TIL that laying pipe means boofing (which I also learned today means having sex) and not only does laying pipe mean boofing but it also means taking a log sized dump. You are welcome :smile:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Funny. I have taught advanced PowerPoint workshops for years and years. TIL a cool trick for using textures on text. I thought I knew them all.