A really bad day

Options

Replies

• gpstreet
    gpstreet Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Your current purpose for exercise is to help create a calorie deficit? No?

Is this not ok ?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    gpstreet wrote: »

Your current purpose for exercise is to help create a calorie deficit? No?

Is this not ok ?

Of course it's ok. You're saying you find exercise pointless, but it does have a point....
  • gpstreet
    Options
    I understand there are different types of exercise. Some have more of a reason for doing it than others :-)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I understand there are different types of exercise. Some have more of a reason for doing it than others :-)

Not really. Doesn't matter what you do if it's for burning calories.
  • gpstreet
    Options
    Agreed. exercise to burn calories is a good reason to exercise.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    The curried soup is lovely. Made 4.5 litres of it. Made from frozen vegetables and tins of tomatos and loads of curry powder. 150 calories per 500 ml.

I love curried soup; I make it with balti paste (the no added sugar kind), fresh onion, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, butter beans and a vegetable stock cube. Probably not quite as low cal as yours but still low.
  • gpstreet
    Options
    Here in London we have many shops that sell these huge bags of curry powder. A couple of tablespoons will transform any vegetable and tomato soup into a lovely dish. I also add a couple of oxo cubes.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    How much curry powder are you using? And for me a couple is 2. Curious. . . . .
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Indian spices are so much more than just curry powder, please tell me you're using a wide range of them
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    When we want to change something, we are usually given a lot of opportunities to put it into action.
  • gpstreet
    Options
    2 tablespoons of Raja masala mix added to 4.5 litres of soup. It contains chilli, cumin, coriander, tumeric and paprika.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Not blaming my daughter at all. I cannot leave her by herself. Enough said and just take my word for it. Swimming not an option because I cannot get her left ear wet.

It is cold, wet and windy here in London so going outside is not a good idea. However the weather cleared up enough to allow us to spend a couple of hours in the park but I am sure it is difficult to work out calories burnt pushing a child on a swing. Cycling is an idea but first she has to learn to ride a bike. :-) Today she did 46 seconds on the bike by herself. :-):-)

Now back on the wagon. Not fasting but being really careful :-)

I know this is old, but if you're in London, museums!
    I live near NYC and taking my toddler to museums is the great sanity maker! I bring the stroller as he will wear out before I do and we make an indoor day of it. They are usually pretty crowded but assuming your kid woulnt run off it should be ok.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I personally can't stand baby strollers. They take up so much room and people doing the strolling always think they have the "right of way". Kids should be WALKING with their parents, not pushed around and punished by forced to be strapped in a moving buggy. I see kids all the time at zoos screaming to get out of the stroller. If you can't go somewhere without a stroller to make your kid(s) miserable, leave them with a sitter.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    I personally can't stand baby strollers. They take up so much room and people doing the strolling always think they have the "right of way". Kids should be WALKING with their parents, not pushed around and punished by forced to be strapped in a moving buggy. I see kids all the time at zoos screaming to get out of the stroller. If you can't go somewhere without a stroller to make your kid(s) miserable, leave them with a sitter.

Fortunately this attitude is rare so please ignore it

Do however remove a screaming child from any public place, take them to a quiet corner or outside until they calm down then bring them back ...normal people understand that small children can have tantrums ...we don't mind the tantrums, but you need to deal with them
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

Girl you are absolutely hilarious and this post has made my day.

A child is not physically capable of walking around all day long - whether all day is 4 or 8 hours. They need the opportunity to rest or even take a nap.

We would go to amusement parks with my cousins, who were around ages 8 and 5 at the time, and each of them would need to hop in the stroller for a little while at some point because they were tired! They were using it by CHOICE and not because mom wanted to make them miserable. It was not uncommon for one to be in the stroller and the other being carried by one of the adults, either, since they would tire more quickly as the day went on.

Many of those kids that are crying are being kept up past nap time so of course they're miserable and don't want to be in the stroller anymore.

I do agree that those with strollers need to be aware of where they're going and try to be courteous, but, honestly? Everyone thinks they have the right of way these days. It's just tougher to win a game of chicken when the oncoming traffic is a stroller.

~Lyssa
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Ahh i see it changed and you now decided to tell us you are with child.
    1. Find someone to babysit or take care of the child for an hour i.e cnat they go to a friends?
    2. You can exercise in front of the TV doing a workout.
    3. You can go and do an activity with your kid, swimming, skating, biking, walking.

ps horrified by people saying leave the child alone. In this country its an offence to leave a ten year old alone and you would be in trouble with social services as well as the police.

I leave my girls (just 10 and 7) alone frequently. Usually less than a hour.

Age isn't a good indicator of what a child is capable of. I also tend to think we don't put enough faith in our kids - we don't allow them to prove they are smart/mature/strong enough to handle things, which can have a real impact on their self esteem. The first time I let my oldest stay home alone, she was ridiculously proud of herself and she felt really good that I trusted her enough. That was really enlightening for me.
  • gpstreet
    Options
    Actually I think my daughter is a good excuse for exercise but just in a different form. This afternoon we walked to the allotment. I usually cycle. She is learning to ride her bike so there I am running along side her to make sure she doesn't fall. After the allotment it is down the park with me pushing her on the swings. Not sure how to log pushing child on swing as calories burnt but the gardening and running are in the MFP database. Today has been a good day.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Actually I think my daughter is a good excuse for exercise but just in a different form. This afternoon we walked to the allotment. I usually cycle. She is learning to ride her bike so there I am running along side her to make sure she doesn't fall. After the allotment it is down the park with me pushing her on the swings. Not sure how to log pushing child on swing as calories burnt but the gardening and running are in the MFP database. Today has been a good day.

:bigsmile:
  • gpstreet
    Options
    We had to play tennis and trampolining in the garden. She is my little fitness trainer.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Daddy daughter time is what memories are made of :bigsmile: