Just for Today

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will think before I eat.
  • JMC867_5309
    JMC867_5309 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate this thread. I've found myself in the same situation for the last year (more or less). I've made excuses and allowed myself freedom on vacations which do nothing but snowball me into the worst of it. I've sat at the dinner table over greasy pizza and a ice cream sundae and promised myself, "This is your last hurrah!", but each time I've failed to bring myself to where I want to be. Monday I started new again. I stepped on the scale for the first time in 4 months or so and found I'd gained 10 pounds, and was dangerously close to a weight I know I'd break down at if I never hit.

And so began a drive for healthier eating. A drive for exercise. A drive to give up soda and feel better. I'm doing okay, but I'm Type A and each day I find myself beating myself up over something I've eaten. Either I'm over my calorie count, or under it by too much, or I've been good except for that small ice cream, or I had a night off and went out to eat, or I'm under calories but ate fast food. It doesn't matter, I can't stop being angry at myself for not being perfect. SO...

Just for Today - I won't be perfect, and that's okay.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I really appreciate this thread. I've found myself in the same situation for the last year (more or less). I've made excuses and allowed myself freedom on vacations which do nothing but snowball me into the worst of it. I've sat at the dinner table over greasy pizza and a ice cream sundae and promised myself, "This is your last hurrah!", but each time I've failed to bring myself to where I want to be. Monday I started new again. I stepped on the scale for the first time in 4 months or so and found I'd gained 10 pounds, and was dangerously close to a weight I know I'd break down at if I never hit.

And so began a drive for healthier eating. A drive for exercise. A drive to give up soda and feel better. I'm doing okay, but I'm Type A and each day I find myself beating myself up over something I've eaten. Either I'm over my calorie count, or under it by too much, or I've been good except for that small ice cream, or I had a night off and went out to eat, or I'm under calories but ate fast food. It doesn't matter, I can't stop being angry at myself for not being perfect. SO...

Just for Today - I won't be perfect, and that's okay.

I love this. I have an all or nothing personality. I frequently slip into thinking, "I can't exercise for an hour, so I can't exercise at all." Or something like that. Just for Today: I will accept my best, imperfections and all.
  • Ann_Marie_2x_MORE
    Ann_Marie_2x_MORE Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I really can relate to this. I know MANY MANY times my hubby and I have said, we're going to start our diet tomorrow so we're going to pig out today. Yeah, that happened all the way until I was 130 pounds overweight.

So, just for today I'm going to make healthy food choices and go to the gym.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just For Today: I will keep it healthy and add positive thinking.
  • The_Godwin_72
    The_Godwin_72 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Just for today- I will make the most of every minute, every person, every opportunity! I will take a deep breath, jump in and be a force of nature!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I love this! A lifestyle change is a lifetime commitment ---- a lifetime (if you're lucky) is a LONG time! Sometimes it is so overwhelming to think about.

Focusing on the day at hand is always the best method for enjoying the moment and staying focused! Thanks for the reminder. Just for today I will drink my water, get in my exercise and eat within my calories. I can do anything for just one day, right? :smile:
  • sandikegz
    Options
    Just for today I will let go of regrets, commit to making the changes I need to make so the regrets don't continue, and try to be the best wife, friend, sister, employee, and human I can be...

Thanks for this post, I needed it :)
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will count my blessings. It's my 14th wedding anniversary! Wow! I'm not sure how that could be, I still feel 21.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not loose control.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not give up!
    :heart: me too please... borrowing this for tomorrow's! :flowerforyou:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will know that I cannot fail unless I allow it.
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will recognize when I am eating emotions and make the conscious choice whether or not to do so.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just for today: I will believe in my own strength.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, what great words to live by.iust for today, I can do this
  • splashtree2
    Options
    just for today: i'll train with less worries...and my friend as well.
  • splashtree2
    Options
    just for today....i'll thank and keep in my heart my man and friends that loves me so much !
  • splashtree2
    Options
    just for today i and my guys we'll keep positive thinking and dp some meditation exerxise
  • splashtree2
    Options
    just for today i and my guys we'll keep positive thinking and dp some meditation exerxise
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will enjoy the time with my child, not dwell on the loss of workout her presence causes.