Just for Today

Options

Replies

• tera115
    tera115 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you......I am struggling as well with the scale. Just for today I will not worry about the number on the scale and contnue my journey to a healthy life.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will do "whatever it takes"!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will track ALL day, not just breakfast.
  • MT30_backbone
    Options
    Just for today... I will not worry about the number on the scale this morning and really focus on making the right choices in eating, exercising, living. :happy:

This is a great thread!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    I don't know you but your story sounds a lot like mine when I first started. I read a book by Bob Harper called "Are you ready?". He has some writing excercises to do about your relationship with food. It changed my life. I am learning to not give food power (healthy or not) over me. I started my journey 131 days ago at 402.6 lbs. I could barely move. Today I have lost 73.8 lbs and I have walked three 5K's. I still have treats but I plan it into my calorie count. Before I eat the treat I ask myself, "Why do you want this? Are you hungry, angry, celebrating, etc? Once I know the reason then I make the choice. I try very hard not to eat my emotions (sadness, loneliness, boredom, anger, happy, etc). Since i have come to recogonize when I am using food to stuff my feelings it no longer soothes those feelings. I hope you can figure out what works for you. I think saying "Just for today" is the first step in taking control of your choices.

Best of luck.
    I just read that this is a continuing post. So "Just for today" I will get up and walk so my legs, heart and mind can be healthy.
    Love your story.

And I love your story Kara. Your progress is awesome and inspiring.

Just for today I will base my decisions on what is best for me.
  • tbullucks06
    Options
    Just for today: I will not let the fact that I only have 369 calories left for dinner freak me out AND I will get out and exercise this evening so I can eat more. (but stay in range)
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I am stronger than ever before!
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    Wonderful Inspirational words! We got this!
  • tnteach2
    Options
    I read through this for the first time today. Sometimes you feel like you are the only one struggling on this journey. It was so helpful to read the struggles of other people. There are so many excuses for not sticking to healthy eating - I won't call them reasons, the journey is long. I forget sometimes that I didn't get this way overnight and I am not going to lose it overnight. Thank you to all of you for being brave enough to share your story.

Just for today I will focus on healthy eating today and not worry about yesterday or tomorrow.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes, just for today.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I read through this for the first time today. Sometimes you feel like you are the only one struggling on this journey. It was so helpful to read the struggles of other people. There are so many excuses for not sticking to healthy eating - I won't call them reasons, the journey is long. I forget sometimes that I didn't get this way overnight and I am not going to lose it overnight. Thank you to all of you for being brave enough to share your story.

Just for today I will focus on healthy eating today and not worry about yesterday or tomorrow.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will find balance.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will love myself unconditionally.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just For Today: Get thee to the pool, NOW! = follow through on what I just typed!:blushing: :bigsmile:
  • parmom73
    parmom73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will forgive myself and breathe.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: ALL DAY, BABY! No losing motivation mid-afternoon.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    just for today... be productive... all day! follow through on my plans...

Just for Today: I will forgive myself and breathe.
    :heart:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will put away the snacks from my camping trip and get back to healthy eating.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just for Today: Stop beating myself up and love & accept myself instead.:heart:
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will look forward instead of back.