wanna share your latest YAY from your journey?

Options
trudijoy
trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
then do so!

Mine is that I went work-pants shopping today and came home empty handed. Why? The 14s (American 10's) were falling off me...and the 12s (American 8s) were fitting, but not quiiiiite well enough to wear for work. So today, I farewelled the 14s. Can't wait until the next month or so passes and I can fill my wardrobe with 12s and 10s :D

Replies

• joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Yep - I am under 180lb for the first time in 20 years today - YAY :D
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Yep - I am under 180lb for the first time in 20 years today - YAY :D

woohoo!!
  • BlueJayLaw
    BlueJayLaw Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've actually had several "YAYs" this week

1) The BF had his arm around my stomach while we were laying in bed and he said "wow, your stomach is getting smaller"
    2) My bestie told me that she can see the 20 lb loss I've incurred
    3) I found a pair of Old Navy jeans (size 16) at a 2nd hand store that I did not try on because I knew they would fit (all my other pants are size 16 and fit almost perfectly) and when I put them on when I got home, I had about two inches in the waist to spare and they felt super loose on my thighs. Granted, I have yet to wash them, but it was a happy feeling :)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i haven' t lost much yet (in lbs or in size) but one good thing has happened - i've been taking my gym routine much more seriously in the last 2-3 weeks. yesterday, i walked home from the gym - this involves a long long outdoor staircase from the street where the gym is to a street near my house. seriously - it must be about 7 stories long. and after that it is more uphill to my house and then three flights up. so - it's about 12-15 minute walk, all uphill, mostly stairs. usually by the time i get halfway up the long stair case, i am huffing and puffing and have to rest. and when i get to the top, i'm ready for a nap. yesterday, i didn't even realize but i was just plodding up the stair case, not stopping once, and when i got to the top i kept on walking!

so yeah i have a ways to go but it was definitely a YAY moment:smile:

and kudos to everyone else!:flowerforyou:
    789136 Posts: 4
    Options
    Just ran 5km under the magic 30 minutes! And it felt good!

Well done everyone, excellent work!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    My weight loss ticker is a mear 5 pounds away from being in the middle! That day will be a huge YAY
  • PortiaBentley
    PortiaBentley Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Only 6X 15m lengths from swimming a mile! From 20X15m lengths in January.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    It was a good week!

1 the first person noticed my Progress, it's finally becoming noticeable.
    2. I have visible collarbones again.
    3. I have a bag in my closet that I put too big clothes in, it's full.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I was ale to bench press a set of 30s for the first time last night. Six reps. My arms were shaking and I thought they were going to fall off but I did it...YAY!
  • GeeGirl82
    GeeGirl82 Posts: 32
    Options
    My first weight loss in 9 days today was .4 lbs. I raised my calories and it worked!
  • synnglemommm
    synnglemommm Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I wore a size 26 pants and a 3X shirt this time last year for my daughter's HS graduation and went shopping last week and slipped into and bought, a size 18 pants and a 1X shirt. I even was able to get into the size 18 years that I've had hanging on my bedroom wall for motivation. It felt SO GOOD to finally get to a point that I could get in a size 18 again. I have a ways to go, but that was my ACCOMPLISHMEN!
  • synnglemommm
    synnglemommm Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • kandienicole
    Options
    I bought my first pair of size 6 jeans!! Very exciting considering the jeans I had to get rid of were size 12!! Yes....I waited a LONG time to replace clothes....when even belts were struggling to hold the pants up, ya know they are just WAY too big!!
  • cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm only 4 lbs away from "onederland"! Seriously I cannot remember the last time I was below 200 lbs. Since Jan 2012 I have lost 47 lbs!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1. ive lost 24 pounds
    2. ive lost 2 inches off my waist
    3. i will be to Onderland this monday
    4. this Monday i will have lost 25 pounds and 10 percent of body weight
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I turned 41 today, and this is the outfit I wore when I turned 21.

IMG_5849_zpsa8e0eb42.jpg

Wouldn't wear it out anywhere, but I think I still do it justice.
  • susanfuchshoeschen
    Options
    Logged in for 100 days and have "shed" 30 lbs. MFP is key in my journey! Should be in "one-derland" next week for the first time in 20+ years----:love: Freedom 2013!
  • susanfuchshoeschen
    Options
    Yes!!!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I swam 60x25m lengths on the first day that our outdoor pool opened! And my swimsuit actually fit perfectly this year!
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I rocked a pair of short shorts in public!
    ! I have always hated my chunky orange peel legs but the orange peel is nearly gone and they are definitely less chunky :-)

Massive nsv for me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!