wanna share your latest YAY from your journey?

Options

Replies

• londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    great topic, loving the replies :)

i managed yesterday to add in 3 sets of 10 push ups to my workout (30 sec breaks)
    never built up to it, just know that a few weeks ago i struggled to do 10 on its own, but decided to just have a go and had my YAAAY moment when i completed

was tough though, really hurt by the last push up
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    On Saturday night I wore a dress that I bought in 2009. I wore it to my brothers wedding with full support underwear on but haven't worn it since as I had put on too much weight.
    At the weekend I fit in it again but this time didn't need the support underwear - had a fab night, felt sexy and sassy and have never had so many men wanting to dance with me!!I
    It sounds a shallow NSV but I'm feeling sexy and good about myself for the first time in my 44 years so I'm pleased
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    I went to a birthday party this weekend and several ppl told me they did not recognize me at first glance. The best part was, one of those ppl was my mom.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    1-Lost 6.5 pounds this week.
    2-Fitting in my size 16 jeans.
    3-Did a 8K hike yesterday.
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    I ran a 5k yesterday in 26:02. Last year, I did c25k and my time was 33 mins. I've lost 7 minutes (and 30 pounds) in a year!
  • imblissful
    Options
    Yesterday I did 1,000 crunches along with my regular easy workout, that is half way to my goal. I want to be able to do 2,000 as easily as I did the 1,000. I also got out and planted about 20 blue spruce and pine trees to beautify my property, which is just a yay 'cause it makes me smile.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Three things:
    1) I've stopped clearing my plate at dinnertime because I've been managing my daytime hunger more efficiently :) I used to SCARF my food down, and I'd finish my meal 20 minutes before my boyfriend. And last night, he finished well before me - and he ate half of my mini apple pie dessert.
    2) I put on a blazer that I haven't been able to button closed in a year
    3) I have calves! I got caught eye-balling them though, so that was a little embarrassing...
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone- these are great!!

I've had a few yay's of my own this week

1. I can do TWO regular non girl push ups!! They're puny but they're there! I couldn't even do one three weeks ago.
    2. My boobs stick out further than my tummy now!
    3. A coworker said she's noticed that I've gotten trimmer. Woohoo!

The harder I work, the more NSV's I have. It's so rewarding!
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My YAY moment. When I started doing Zumba in February all I could do was 10 minutes. I have a lower back pain and a bad knee. I have been jogging .5 mile and then doing my 45 minute Zumba dvd. Last night I jogged 1 mile and then did my 45 minute Zumba dvd.
    Felt so great!!!
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I went to a wedding yesterday and one of the bride's friends (whom I haven't seen in about two years) made her way over to me to give me a hug, and to say "You look SO tiny, oh my goodness, wow, just beautiful" - so of course that me smile!! :) It was also the first social event in I don't know how long where I let pictures of myself be taken!!!!
  • Amethyst125
    Amethyst125 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Amethyst125
    Amethyst125 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That must have felt wonderful! Good for you!
  • Happylybre
    Happylybre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    :smile: I've lost about 10 inches off my body.... :heart: I got more muscles, and am Upgrading weights from 12's to 15's woooHOo... Am feeling super PoWerFULL
  • LeopardPrintedLove
    LeopardPrintedLove Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I realized that I need a new mattress! My hip bones are digging into the bed like crazy! Come to find out, my husband hasn't been crazy this whole time! The springs in our mattress are TERRIBLE!!
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I was using a bra extender, and now I'm using the 2nd clasp :)
  • bobbie1965
    bobbie1965 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! I know how your feeling ;-) I too went shopping & got into smaller a sizes & the shirts just slip on sooo nice ;-)...I didn't have to stretch them out 1st! haha! I just drop under the 160.lb Iwas totally pumped!! 157.6 right now :-) I haven't seen that in YEARS..Ive been stuck it seems in the 190ish give or take... 12 weeks later 35 lb gone!!!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I joined the gym today and have gotten my potassium up the last 2 days! Yay!!
  • bobbie1965
    bobbie1965 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!!!
  • libelluler
    libelluler Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Fit into a size 16 (american) this weekend! Down 5 sizes so far. I had bought a pair of capris a month ago that were a size 16 because they were on sale. Tried them on, they zipped up, felt amazing!
  • kkcornett
    kkcornett Posts: 4
    Options
    THAT is just brilliant!!! So motivating...I don't think I've seen 180 or anything near it in over 30 years.....TODAY IS MY DAY 1! Yay!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!