wanna share your latest YAY from your journey?

Options

Replies

• chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Had a few lately:
    - Dr. took me off HCTZ because my blood pressure is normal
    - When I go to the store for t-shirts, I can buy "L" without trying them on and know they will fit
    - Got a pair of shorts this week with a 34 waist because 35 and 36 were too big (when I started I was wearing 38 waist shorts/jeans
    - Bought two sets of workout clothes because I was too small for the outfits I used to wear working out
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    Great day here! Woke up and found myself down 1.6 more pounds. And tonight, I burned more calories tonight on my walk than ever before because I'm able to go faster now! Soon I think I'll have to start to add in some jogging. :)
  • amazondakini
    amazondakini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just ran 5km under the magic 30 minutes! And it felt good!

Well done everyone, excellent work!

Wow 789136, That is my next fitness goal!! At the end of boot camp at the gym (4 more weeks) there is a 5K and I am hoping to get my time under 30 minutes - any helpful hints?!? other than run a lot?? Fantastic!! That is great!!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    2 NSVs today:

1: I have gone from a size 50 waist to a size 40 waist. 10 inches in 5 months!

2: I have run 2 10k's and 2 5k's this year. My average run length now for training is 6.2 miles and I willbe increasing that as I have signed up for a half marathon in November!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Just ran 5km under the magic 30 minutes! And it felt good!

Well done everyone, excellent work!

:bigsmile: :heart: running NSVs:drinker: !
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5 mile race in 49 minutes mostly up hill!!
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wearing the jeans i wore when i first met my boyfriend five years ago, and having them nearly fall off me. YAY!
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    This weekend has been an excellent one for "yay's"! :-) On Saturday I weighed myself and am 138lbs. My goal for June was to get under 140lbs. This morning I ran 10.03km in 57:54. My goal for June was to run a 10km in under 60min :-)
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Wow! Reading this post is super inspiring--congratulations to everyone on your successes! You are fantastic!

As for me, I went in my closet today to try on the last items that were too small and they all either fit, or were too big. I am officially an American size 8. One more size to goal (and clothes shopping!!!).

Keep up the great work guys!
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone !!
    I am so proud of all of you !!

I get so inspired reading these !!
    YOu all keep me motivated !!

Have a great night !
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I turned 41 today, and this is the outfit I wore when I turned 21.

IMG_5849_zpsa8e0eb42.jpg

Wouldn't wear it out anywhere, but I think I still do it justice.

You go girl!!! Congrats on being a fabulous 40!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I was the Big Loser in our local contest!!! I love 36 lbs and 22 inches!!! Yeah....still have a long way to go but BL2 starts in the Fall I am have already signed up. My pants from my new work wardrobe, purchased in Sept, are way too big. Jeans bought in Feb, way too big. Pants in a storage bin from 2 yrs ago (saved because they were expensive) fit perfectly!!! :bigsmile: :happy: :smile:
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've had a few in the past couple of weeks:

1. As of this morning, I am a mere 5 kilos away from a healthy BMI.
    2. When I went to a musical a couple of weeks ago I bought my customary show t-shirt (I have A LOT of them, mostly all too big). My mum persuaded me to buy a medium which, as I discovered when I got home, was an Australian size 10. I figured there was NO WAY it would fit me....but it did! I wore it the next day with size 12 jeans.
    3. I was able to wear the cute tartan skirt that didn't fit me all last winter.
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm wearing shorts I wore 12 years ago. I haven't worn a pair of shorts other than to the post office in years. (I run a home based business and mail packages daily.) We went to lunch at my step-son and dil's house today. Granted, that's not exactly "public," but I thought nothing of jumping into shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops to head to their house for a barbeque. It's so much easier to just jump into jeans or shorts and not have to stew and fret about what to wear.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Prior to starting this journey toward fitness I rarely left the house and wasn't optimistic about anything. I took a week of vacation from work last week. Over that week I went to a comedy show and three concerts. Getting out and enjoying lift is my NSV. A year ago I wore 6xl shirts. I'm down to a 3x now. I bought some concert tees at the shows and chose them in size XL because I don't want them to be two big soon. Things are going great and I'm optimistic it will continue.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    so many AMAZING woohoos!! You guys are epic xx well done.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Prior to starting this journey toward fitness I rarely left the house and wasn't optimistic about anything. I took a week of vacation from work last week. Over that week I went to a comedy show and three concerts. Getting out and enjoying lift is my NSV. A year ago I wore 6xl shirts. I'm down to a 3x now. I bought some concert tees at the shows and chose them in size XL because I don't want them to be two big soon. Things are going great and I'm optimistic it will continue.

I LOVE this, kudos to you. It just makes my day when I read about people enjoying their lives again. Keep up the amazing work!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day new NSV.

When I started this journey, my size large scrubs were getting really tight. I've lost weight before, and I had 1 set of size medium scrubs. I decided to try them on this morning, and they fit! I'm wearing them to work today.

I'm also in a fabulous mood, I just woke up that way, it has nothing to do with my weight.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Joined a Turbo Kick class a month ago and now we are in a competition to see who will lose the most body fat. Winner gets $300. I am starting to strength train to make more of that fat burning muscle.
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I turned 41 today, and this is the outfit I wore when I turned 21.

IMG_5849_zpsa8e0eb42.jpg

Wouldn't wear it out anywhere, but I think I still do it justice.

OMG!!!!! YOU'RE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!