critically accalimed moveis u thought were really bad?

Options

Replies

• Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Anything with Will Ferrell in it.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Closer and American Beauty were the two most miserable movies I've ever sat through.

Avatar was just stupid-sparkly blue people who plug their tails into stuff? I also found it very cliche and preachy, basically a plotline I've seen done a thousand times.
  • kgibson17
    kgibson17 Posts: 23
    Options
    I just saw these two two movies within the last month, and thought they were just terrible....

Gangs of New York

Silver Linings Playbook

I really wanted to like SLP.... I am from the Philly area, love the Eagles, and the premise of the movie sounded good to me. Gangs of New York just happened to be starting when I was flipping channels..... I couldn't watch after about 20 minutes. I think if I had continued to watch I might have called it the worst critically acclaimed movie ever.

Just rented SLP Friday. By far one of the worst movies I have ever seen! Hello Hollywood this is life. We are ALL living it stop dramatizing it. It was just a stupid movie!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    The Kings Speech. AWFUL.

I haven't seen it, because the trailer made me want to punch the screen. not a good sign.
    That is one of my all-time favorite movies. I liked it more than I thought I would.

ME TOO!!!! I loved this movie! We even bought it so I can see it again :laugh:
    Honestly, I get it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I am surprised people actually hated it!

And ... Colin Firth!!!

uuuugh... colin firth.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    django unchained...last half hour was a nightmare, i couldnt get out of the theatre fast enough!

This. And I thought I was alone in hating this movie.
  • captain_reckless
    Options
    django unchained...last half hour was a nightmare, i couldnt get out of the theatre fast enough!

This. And I thought I was alone in hating this movie.

See I really liked the story this movie was telling and if you took the teronteno factor out of it it would have been great IMHO

but you cant so I'm with you guys

I also hated starwars (yes all of them)
  • angryjake
    angryjake Posts: 39
    Options
    I hated Dark Knight Rising so much that the first thing I told my girlfriend when I got home was "I'm not sure I want to live in a world where this movie exists."

No joke, I spent 30 minutes talking to a counselor about it. I had the appointment already for another topic, but the conversation turned to 30 minutes of "How the hell did that happen? Christopher Nolan knows how to do better storytelling than that? What was the point of Bane's mask? Why even bother having Tom Hardy if you're not going to show 80% of his face and are going to muffle his voice?"

And so on and so on.
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman blahhhhh
  • tanyalevan
    tanyalevan Posts: 182
    Options
    Twilight...lol jks :glasses:
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    There will be blood or as I called it there will be sleep
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Worst movie ever: The cabin in the woods!!!!!
  • swagtier
    swagtier Posts: 53
    Options
    Punch-Drunk Love. it was horrible.
  • insilence88
    Options
    Worst movie ever: The cabin in the woods!!!!!

totally agree!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I love watching films, but occasionally I just think "that's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back!"
    3 that spring to mind are Australia, Moulin Rouge and Lost in Translation.
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Blair Witch

people when it came out were telling me it was sooo scary but i found it rather boring
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I hate most Will Ferrel movies. Anchorman sucked. Elf sucked. Blades of Glory sucked. He's not funny AT ALL.
    [/quote]

Totally agree on the Will Ferrel thing. Never found him funny and for the life of my cant understand why people do.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Life of Pi...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I haven't read everyone else's responses, but when I read this thread title the first thing that came to mind was AVATAR. Yuck, yuck, and double extra YUCK!!!!!!!!!
  • Rado_SVK
    Rado_SVK Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Its not critically acclaimed,though has rating over 7 on imdb.com. talking about TED seriously pathetic movie by my opinion...I stopped watching it around half an hour in where TED is caught at home with 2 hookers..and one of them is called Savignon Blanc?? is that supposed to be funny?..and finally,the breaking point for me was when in the same scene the S**T on the floor became the highlight of the scene for awfully long time..
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Bladerunner ... I'm not saying it just to be a contrary ****, I really don't see the appeal.