critically accalimed moveis u thought were really bad?

Options

Replies

• MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Also...Donnie Darko is also one of my favs.
    The Descendants was also incredibly boring. (not a Clooney fan)

I can't believe no one mentioned hating Inception. I liked it, but I hear so many jokes about it.

Maybe I'm jusst really ****iing stupid but to this day, no matter how many times I watch Inception I get bored and walk away because I just can't follow it! Like..a dream within a dream or what the **** ever. The jokes are more enjoyable. I don't think I'm that slow, I figured out Memento just...this damn movie...maybe it's not that I'm not getting it maybe I'm just bored. I don't know, I'm never trying to force my way through it again though.

Also no one mentioned it, but can we just take a moment to hate on sequels and prequels? they're almost all ****ing terrible and yet some how they keep winning awards. It's ridiculous
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I hated Iron Man 3.
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    'Pulp Fiction': saw it and couldn't figure out why so many people raved about it so I went to see it AGAIN (I do try to be open-minded) and still came to the same conclusion. Lame. Have seen several Tarantino flicks and feel that each one is worse than the last. The only one I liked was 'Natural Born Killers' and I think that was written by Tarantino but directed by Oliver Stone.

IMHO...Tarantino is overrated and uses gratuitous violence for shock value just to get people talking to drum up publicity. Ho hum, how dull. As a viewer, I don't care to be played like that. :yawn:

Haha! I like most Tarantino stuff but I didn't like Natural Born Killers. I think that is mostly because I can't stand Juliette Lewis.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I hated Iron Man 3.

Pretty sure that wasn't critically acclaimed....
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Crash.

awful, preachy, awful movie.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Hunger Games. I mean seriously what the fvck was that shid

I was momentarily distracted by your profile pic…

Anyways, in regards to The Hunger Games most of the people who don’t like the movie didn’t read the book. I read all 3 books in like 3 days in about 3 days…I love them. As for the movie…I enjoyed it; but I wouldn’t say it’s great.

As for movies that others have loved & I have been “meh” about:

Napoleon Dynamite (I laughed out loud once…the rest of the time I was trying to figure out why I continued watching)

Anything with Nicolas Cage in it…I just can’t stomach him.

The Hangover…I liked it; but it was nearly as funny as the hype made it seem like it’d be.

• KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I HATE Napoleon Dynamite.
    WHY and HOW can people find it funny or entertaining?

You're just jealous because I've been chatting online with hot babes all day long.

:D

LMAO! :laugh: Great come back!
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    The English Patient was torture.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    The Matrix
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The english patient!! (BARF!!)

Shrek (not sure if its critically acclaimed or just popular but every cliche you can fit into a story line > YUK)
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Oh and If you saw 1 movie with Leonardo DeCaprio you have seen them all. He only knows 1 character... and his dramatic shouts are a snooze.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    The Matrix

The first one was a masterpiece. The other two were so bad I was pissed off. I guess the fight scenes were pretty good so they made ok popcorn movies but the plots were horrible.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    One night in paris - so over rated
    Do you mean Midnight in Paris?
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    "People are probably going to hate me for this but Les Miserables. I've never seen the play, so I can't talk on what the differences are, but the movie itself was just so hyped like a year before it came out so I go in like "This is gonna be the best movie ever!" and come out like "What the heck did I just watch...two hours and forty minutes?! I want that time back." ".....

I agree that the movie was terrible although I am a HUGE fan of Hugh Jackman. Shame you didn't see the play I LOVED the play but absolutely hated the movie. And please would someone please get Barron Cohen out of here!!! Don't think he's funny and just down right annoying.:yawn:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    The Kings Speech. AWFUL.

I haven't seen it, because the trailer made me want to punch the screen. not a good sign.
    That is one of my all-time favorite movies. I liked it more than I thought I would.

ME TOO!!!! I loved this movie! We even bought it so I can see it again :laugh:
  • rml_16
    Options
    The Kings Speech. AWFUL.

I haven't seen it, because the trailer made me want to punch the screen. not a good sign.
    That is one of my all-time favorite movies. I liked it more than I thought I would.

ME TOO!!!! I loved this movie! We even bought it so I can see it again :laugh:
    Honestly, I get it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I am surprised people actually hated it!

And ... Colin Firth!!!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

Stop trying to bring it back! I've spent a year trying to forget. :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • rml_16
    Options

Stop trying to bring it back! I've spent a year trying to forget. :angry: :angry: :angry:
    I liked it, but I'm a writer and it inspired me. But then I watched it again after reading a Hemingway bio and the bad history kind of ruined it for me.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Saving Private Ryan

The Black Swan

My mom couldn't believe I hadn't seen Saving Private Ryan. I bought it at a used record store for 75 cents. Eventually I'll get around to watching it. You know, to get my money's worth. :bigsmile: I agree about The Black Swan, it wasn't my thing.

I love Silver Linings Playbook. I've seen it three times!
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I also hated Blair Witch Project.
    [/quote]

How could you possible hate this movie. Anytime I feel down or depressed. I watch it and I laugh and laugh and feel so much better. Has got to be the funniest movie ever! :bigsmile:

***Wait what?...Its not a comedy???? *****:frown: