critically accalimed moveis u thought were really bad?

Options

Replies

• GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I dunno about critically acclaimed, but I can't stand that Notebook movie. It's annoying. Ted wasn't all that great either for all the hype it got.
    awww...my fav movie...cried buckets...
  • BoogeyBrat
    BoogeyBrat Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Maybe it wasn't critically acclaimed, but the original Last House on the Left seems to be often cited as a classic must-see film by horror fans, and honestly I have no idea why. It was a horrible, boring, waste of time I'll never ever get back.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Prometheus was a major disappointment, I felt like going to the ticket office and requesting a refund.

The Dark Knight Rises was pretty disappointing as well, not as good as the first two. Bad end to a fantastic trilogy.
  • tash_brown85
    Options
    We had this very same conversation over dinner tonight. Well, kind of the same. It was,'what was the MUST SEE movie that you really couldn't stand?'
    For me it was Titanic.
    That **** was cray 'yawn' cray.
  • tash_brown85
    Options
    Whoops. *that rubbish was cray cray*
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Titanic was way too long and annoying!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with Silver Linings Playbook. Not that I thought it was the worst movie ever made, but I did not think it was Oscar worthy. I really really like Jennifer Lawrence and I wasn't sure why she won. This movie was like a 3 out of 5 at best and I thought it was going to be ahhmazzzingg.

I also agree with No Country for Old Men, I was bored and confused.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I really didnt like total recall.....**** movie
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Vicky Christina Barcelona. Pretentious, dull crap.

I know there are others on the hate list, but that's one of the few i couldn't even sit through all the way.

Oh that was awful. And I like Woody Allen.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    One night in paris - so over rated
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options

Agreed with Vince Vaughn, I cannot stand him - not sure why. He's not even good "bad" like Nic Cage, who just makes my pee my pants with awfulness. I have avoided the "Hangover" films on the basis that they have Vaughn in and because it's like WOOHOOOO cringefest - ergh.

Vince Vaughan wasn't in the Hangover movies......? But I agree his character is always the same. He was the best in Swingers but since then he's pretty lame.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Vicky Christina Barcelona. Pretentious, dull crap.

I know there are others on the hate list, but that's one of the few i couldn't even sit through all the way.

Oh that was awful. And I like Woody Allen.

I like the way penelope cruz and her husband (in real life) argue. it was totally real. god. penelope cruz. i would do a lot of bad things for that girl.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    hurt locker
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    hurt locker

Total snooze fest. *yawn*
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The Kings Speech---Good Grief. Just awful.
    Hugo---My company actually took my whole department to see this when it came out as a "Christmas Outing". I was asleep after two scenes.

Some that were mentioned here that I really loved were:

Black swan: I took many, many years of dance so I am probably biased.
    Avatar: I got it and it made me think. It's one of the only movies I ever saw that I would NOT have rather read as a book.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Titanic. There was enough room on the EXPLETIVE door for both of them! EXPLETIVE!

Edit: MORE EXPLETIVE!

Apparently I'm one of the few people who liked Titanic.. hehe

But I do have to say, If Rose had kept her *kitten* in the damned boat to start with, Jack would have been able to lie on the door and they both would have lived. Selfish b#tch. lol
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Halloween...
    I was excited to see it since it was very popular and 'scary' in it's time. But I was SO BORED! I thought it would get better, but it just didn't! :laugh: I understand that scary movies from then and now are totally different, but still, I didn't see the appeal at all!!

ALL the really scary movies from the 60's and 70's are really boring and tame by today's standards. :smile:
  • julieager75
    julieager75 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oh...and 'Bridesmaids'....I had a bee in my bonnet over that for at least 3 days. I so wanted to bust Kristen Wiig's character Annie in the face with a chair. Repugnantly weak, shallow, whiny, manipulative, wretched POS female character. If I were her, I would be ashamed for ever playing a role like that. Don't people have any integrity?

Everybody seemed to love this movie: it just made me angry that there are stupid girls out there like her who drive and vote.

Exactly...I thought I was the only one who thought this way about this movie.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Avatar. No..>.< I was dragged to that and I was ****ing miserable the whole time. Talk about a really awful slow boring movie and the damn romance was ridiculous and it's the same as every other stupid movie. Only up side was one of the characters in that played Fischer in Bones.

Also, here comes the hate, I was really annoyed with GI Joe when it came out. I saw it on Fort Gordon during my AIT training and my battle buddies and I literally just sat their and ripped apart everything that was happening. Like who the **** chews bubble gum in battle. No...NO NO NO...I'm sure there is a ton more
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Cast Away and Forrest Gump - both awful wastes. I like Tom Hanks, but blech.

Of late, One Night in Paris. So. Ungodly. Dull.