is there any ice cream that is ok to eat?

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,712 Member
    Options
    http://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/sweets/ice-cream/quick-raspberry-and-banana-ice-cream

If you want to reduce calories further, replace custard with low fat yoghurt, or skip altogether.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Joghurt ice cream from Aldi is sooo yummy. size of a cup and about 100 cal.
  • TamaraB70
    TamaraB70 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Homemade AND super yummy and healthy:

blend up frozen bananas!!! It blends to a perfect ice cream texture. You can even add cocoa to it to your desired 'chocolateyness".....
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    soy or coconut icream YUM!!!

Yes! I love coconut icecream but can only get it from the organic shop here.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Just eat it! Moderation is key!
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love Frozen Yoghurt especially choccie flavour, yum. Also love the Solero for a fruit ice cream 98kcals per lolly and theyre not super small!
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's mentioned but a company called weyhey are a protein based ice cream- tastes great and is full of protein
  • zinatara
    zinatara Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I make frozen yoghurt in my ice cream maker. Just yoghurt and sometimes some fruit or dark chocolate.
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    all ice cream is fine to eat,once you dont eat the whole tub!my daughter had an Oreo carton on Saturday it was a 500ml carton and it was a whopping 940 cals,Im glad I dont like Oreo anyway,I had an almond icecream from lidl one of those you get in a box of 8 and it was 330 cals,so eat it but just be carefull!!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    All ice cream is okay, if you fit it in your calories/macros

but if you're looking for something that is easier to fit in your macros and will give you a decent amount of protein in the process, here's a recipe:

- 1 scoop vanilla flavour whey isolate powder (or another vanilla flavour protein isolate, doesn't have to be whey)

- 150g frozen fruit... berries, mango, guava and other fairly sweet fruit works well

- 100g laban (Arabic dairy product) or plain yoghurt

Whizz it in a blender, serve in a bowl, eat with a spoon.
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    All ice cream is okay, if you fit it in your calories/macros

but if you're looking for something that is easier to fit in your macros and will give you a decent amount of protein in the process, here's a recipe:

- 1 scoop vanilla flavour whey isolate powder (or another vanilla flavour protein isolate, doesn't have to be whey)

- 150g frozen fruit... berries, mango, guava and other fairly sweet fruit works well

- 100g laban (Arabic dairy product) or plain yoghurt

Whizz it in a blender, serve in a bowl, eat with a spoon.

^^^ That sounds Yummmmmmmy!!! :D Gonna try it!

Can I change frozen fruit with fresh fruits?
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    chocolate soymilk ice-cream helped me to survive when i was younger and living away from parents. :tongue: it's healthy.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    All ice cream is good. I have some pretty much every day in the summer.

For days when I have the calories to splurge I have Talenti gelato-- it's around 200-250 calories per half cup.

For days when I don't have the calories or need something with less fat to fit my macros I get Edy's slow churned. They've got one now that's part yogurt and it's awesome. It's 120 calories per half cup.

Frozen yogurt is also a good choice.
  • sagreenious
    sagreenious Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    All foods are OK to eat. Bad foods and good foods don't exist except in our brains. If you're worried about overdoing the claories, just balance the ice cream out with other lower cal food or do more exercise.
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I also eat frozen banana "ice cream" I cut up the banana and freeze it and then put it in the blender with a couple of spoons of peanut butter or almond butter and it's delicious, sometimes I even have it in a cone.

It's real food and no dodgy chemicals or ingredients I can't pronounce, so I prefer it.
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream.it's one of the things I have no self control over so I try to avoid it lol.I hate diet ice cream though, it always has this funny taste to it.Anyway, if it fits in your calories for the day and you can keep yourself from getting a giant spoon and going crazy. Go for it :)
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero. 150 cals/pint.

150 calories worth of misery.

also,

150 calories worth of disappointment.
    150 calories worth of lies.
    150 calories worth of sadness.
    150 calories worth of tears.

150 calories is 10 minutes on my recumbent bike. OR, eliminating one of my other food choices. No great shakes.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    try mixing a sachet of sugar free jelly, 1 tsp or xanthan gum, a couple of scoops of your choice of whey/caesin powder, and blend it all up with ice and a cup of boiling water, leave in the freezer for an hour to set and you'll have about 1-2 liters of ice cream for about 200 cals and very few carbs
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    Yoplait's frozen yogurt is really good I love the bars and in the cup the black cherry is my favorite.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    ALL ice cream is okay to eat!

QFT!