Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Things That Make You Irrationally Angry

Options

Replies

• HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    When my dogs act so surprised at the vacuum. I use it almost every month!

Wait. You have dogs (plural) and use a vacuum *almost* monthly? What mystical creatures are these? And how have you trained them to so thoroughly wipe their paws before they come in?
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Clothes getting thrown on the floor RIGHT NEXT TO THE DIRTY CLOTHES HAMPER. Seriously, for real?? C'mon! It's irrational how upset I get about it -- they're just clothes.

The sound of cardboard boxes/box flaps rubbing together.

Any time someone starts talking about politics, specifically differences between Democrats and Republicans. It doesn't have to be accusatory or super opinionated. It just has to be brought up.

• patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Humans, existing.

Something specific? Ok, how about clipping fingernails at work??
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Clothes getting thrown on the floor RIGHT NEXT TO THE DIRTY CLOTHES HAMPER. Seriously, for real?? C'mon! It's irrational how upset I get about it -- they're just clothes.

The sound of cardboard boxes/box flaps rubbing together.

Any time someone starts talking about politics, specifically differences between Democrats and Republicans. It doesn't have to be accusatory or super opinionated. It just has to be brought up.

We have 2 hampers - one for darks and one for lights. We've had them for the entire 18 years we've been married. My husband STILL puts clothes in the wrong hampers and STILL argues with me about it.

and on the same note - the kids not putting dishes in the dishwasher - just leaving them in the sink grrrrrrrrr
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    People who just drift along without any particular purpose. I was running through downtown yesterday at lunch and so many people just mill around aimlessly like zombies. Had I been a criminal, I could have just ran by and easily snatched devices, bags, and purses and been blocks away before they knew what hit them. Yes, it was during the middle of the day, and it was a lunch break so people weren’t necessarily in a hurry; but you still have to keep your eyes open and at least give the appearance of being alert to your environment, or else don’t be surprised if you find yourself a victim.
  • Unavita11
    Unavita11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    People who just drift along without any particular purpose. I was running through downtown yesterday at lunch and so many people just mill around aimlessly like zombies. Had I been a criminal, I could have just ran by and easily snatched devices, bags, and purses and been blocks away before they knew what hit them. Yes, it was during the middle of the day, and it was a lunch break so people weren’t necessarily in a hurry; but you still have to keep your eyes open and at least give the appearance of being alert to your environment, or else don’t be surprised if you find yourself a victim.

This. And people who don't walk with a purpose. Quit lollygagging and move it!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    People that answer a posters question with a question. Drives me nuts! Just answer the friggin question or don't, and most of the time, the person that asks the question once they get the answer they never actually comment again to actually answer the posters question. Useless. and I don't mean the people that are just trying to get more information I mean the people that do it to be snarky or to make their own point. You know who you are.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Unavita11 wrote: »
    Bry_Lander wrote: »

This. And people who don't walk with a purpose. Quit lollygagging and move it!

Right. I don’t get the concept of just leisurely drifting around. Certain people in cars, too – why are they just putting along at 25-30mph when the posted speed limit is 35mph? This isn’t happening in touristy areas where there are fascinating sights to enjoy, it is usually just past a nondescript assortment of average houses, apartments, strip malls, and fast food places.

So for those that do this: what sort of mental process is compelling you to drive slower than the speed limit? Is this a cry for help, is there a criminal holding you hostage and you are trying to signal other drivers to call the authorities? Are you having some sort of medical episode? If not, then kindly press your little foot a bit harder on the gas pedal and accelerate to the minimum speed limit, a lot of people trapped behind you actually have somewhere to be.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    When people here bump up a thread a million times in one month without making any meaningful contribution in their bumping comments.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Melmel0116 wrote: »
    I used to waitress and it made me livid when people would ask for coffee and a water... And then not drink the water. You made me have to grab a tray for a water youre not even drinking. Not cool bro, not cool.

You should just punch-em ,,, :D
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    That MFP won't let me woo my own post. Why you gotta limit me?

I'll go ahead and woo it for ya !
  • VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    people who try to steal my lucky charms~
  • SimplyDe1967
    SimplyDe1967 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Listening to people brush their teeth.
    People driving in the left lane on the expressway going under the speed limit!
    Being a passenger in a car when the rain has stopped but the windshield wipes continue; that noise is like nails on the chalkboard.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    When cashiers hand me change and give me dollars first then the coins. That way the coins slide all over the bills and I have to figure out how to funnel them into my wallet. It annoys me so much.

When it snows there are always people who do not clear off the top of their car. Inevitably they'll be driving along and suddenly a huge sheet of snow/ice comes off their car and crashes into the car behind them. WTF is wrong with you that you can't spend an extra 2 minutes cleaning off the top of your GD car!?!

And related to that, when people drive in front of me and decide it's the perfect time to clean their windshields. They spray stuff all over their windshield but it flies onto my windshield and then I have to clean MY windshield!

*breathe*

Thank you for letting me vent. I'll be back.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    One more! (this is great therapy)

There are currently on my dresser at least 20 orphaned socks that I can't find the match to. These are all relatively new socks that I keep buying because I can never find socks that match for myself or the kids. It's like someone is playing a cruel prank on me. It drives me CRAZY. How in the world can this happen!?!? Is there a black sock hole somewhere in the house? I honestly do not understand it.
  • MrsDan1667
    MrsDan1667 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    One more! (this is great therapy)
    Is there a black sock hole somewhere in the house? I honestly do not understand it.

Yes the machine repairman told me they get trapped on the outside of the barrel of the washer
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

People offering opinions when not asked
    Losing socks..I have all mismatched..where do they go?
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    5q8r9bbgxh8f.jpg

people who use their phones like this....in public!

You are not cool!
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Seeing tops dangle from a clothes hanger at the store. Pants unfolded and thrown back on a shelf haphazardly. AKA Sloppy shoppers.