Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Things That Make You Irrationally Angry

Options

Replies

• dbomb76
    dbomb76 Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's not standard but back formations are still a valid use of the english language. Kind of like contractions. Investigate, donate, instigate, etc. You converse with the Queen of England but it's acceptable to conversate with your friends.
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    dbomb76 wrote: »
    It's not standard but back formations are still a valid use of the english language. Kind of like contractions. Investigate, donate, instigate, etc. You converse with the Queen of England but it's acceptable to conversate with your friends.

Hmmm. Learn something new. Thanks.

• VanillaGorilla808
    VanillaGorilla808 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    People leaving weights out, sitting around on equipment, socializing at the gym, etc. DO IT ELSEWHERE!!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My boss ....who coughs all the time and scares everyone around him because it sounds like his lungs are coming up. Then he apologizes and blames it on allergies as he is going outside for his smoke break.:(
  • silverbeam22
    silverbeam22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is probably the opposite of how most feel but it annoys me SO MUCH when people on the forums respond to the whole "muscle weighs more than fat" thing with something like "no, you idiot! A pound of fat is the same as a pound of muscle!"

Yes, that's technically correct, but everyone knows they meant that the same volume of muscle weighs more than that of fat. That's like saying someone who's a 100lbs weighs just as much as I do, since a pound of them is the same as a pound of me. Again correct, but not used in regular conversation and is definitely beside the point.

If you want to be that correct, stop talking about how much you weigh and start calling it your mass. That'll make you less of a hypocrite.

/rant

This is coming from someone who can be massively pedantic with a lot of things. And occasionally a bit of a bit of a hypocrite too x) Hopefully people won't get angry at me :smiley:
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    When people put empty containers back in the cupboards or fridge. What the heck? Throw it out! (or recycle it, but you know what I'm saying)
  • LouisianaHotSauce_93
    LouisianaHotSauce_93 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    People in general.
    When they just breathe the wrong way.

But I think that's just sometimes I'm a generally a nice person.
  • LouisianaHotSauce_93
    LouisianaHotSauce_93 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    People with ATTITUDE.
    I can't stand when someone has a pissy attitude and takes out their problems on innocent people, if you can't talk to someone without being rude and impatient, don't bother.

I especially get irritated when I see teenagers talking back to their parents.

This too!!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    My stupid cable that was fixed last week and now the phone that needs to be fixed this week. Why can't it just work?
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    People in general.
    When they just breathe the wrong way.

But I think that's just sometimes I'm a generally a nice person.

This is awesome and so true
  • amyj514
    amyj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Red lights
    Watching/hearing my husband eat potato chips
    Uncrushed milk jugs in the trash can
    My cat's obnoxious cry
    I could probably go on...
  • for_ever_young66
    edited June 2015
    Options
    People leaving weights out, sitting around on equipment, socializing at the gym, etc. DO IT ELSEWHERE!!

My gym has a sign posted. If you're strong enough to lift em, you should be strong enough to rack em
  • Ripfit138
    Ripfit138 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Duck lips. Sagging pants. People buying lottery tickets at the gas station. Decaf Coffee.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Ripfit138 wrote: »
    Duck lips. Sagging pants. People buying lottery tickets at the gas station. Decaf Coffee.

are lottery tickets at the gas station better or worse than money orders, though

waiting 10 minutes so some guy can get a MO instead of just going to the post office...or paying $1 at like any bank...or Wal-Mart (with a dedicated money counter)...
  • for_ever_young66
    Options
    Ever waited in line to use an ATM, and the guy in front of you is taking so long, looking so confused as though he's trying to operate the Hubble Telescope.
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    ready4_50 wrote: »
    Ever waited in line to use an ATM, and the guy in front of you is taking so long, looking so confused as though he's trying to operate the Hubble Telescope.

Yes!!! As they may their 80 bills and then rearrange their purse or wallet.

People who take themselves too seriously annoying me irrationally too
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    People trying to use exact change when there is a long line, or excessive use of coupons, or trying to say everything is on sale when it is not (but continuing to complain because 'you saw a sign' that said it was).
  • for_ever_young66
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    People trying to use exact change when there is a long line, or excessive use of coupons, or trying to say everything is on sale when it is not (but continuing to complain because 'you saw a sign' that said it was).

Unnecessary price checks. Folks trying to save a quarter. I hate that.

Speaking of grocery stores.......A big sign as clear as day, "15 items or less." Person rolls up in that lane with 55 items but cashier doesn't want to tell him/her to go somewhere else.

• Ripfit138
    Ripfit138 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Cray cray, amazeballs, awesomesauce and Teapots

Ooo...good one. I hate Cray Cray.