Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Things That Make You Irrationally Angry

Options

Replies

• Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    People soliciting my home despite the large and clear 'No Soliciting' sign.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Wal-Mart...

THIS X infinity!!!! I get anxious just pulling into the parking lot. I HATE place almost as much as I hate the tag office or DMV.

The problem is, everyone still goes there despite hating it. Where else can you get a hammer, a gallon of milk, baby clothes, and a video game at 2am?

The internet. :smiley:

I ONLY go there if Target is closed or I don't have proper time to go to a Super Target. I refuse to go there just because.

• almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    We have a guy in our neighborhood who drives a minivan and plays his saxophone at the same time. I kid you not.

What? How? That's... Weird!
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    When someone asks me if can "do them a favor"

NO! I CAN'T COMMIT TO THAT WITHOUT MORE INFORMATION!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    anro86 wrote: »
    People saying that they are trying to 'loose' weight. No, no your are not. You are trying to lose weight.

I'm trying to convince myself that these people mean they're trying to set their weight free. I'll let you know when this starts to work.
  • five1113
    five1113 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When people cannot determine the difference between "to & too" or "there & their" pisses me right off!!!!!!!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    When really entertaining threads get zapped before I've had a chance to read all of the posts.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    When really entertaining threads get zapped before I've had a chance to read all of the posts.

Yes!!!

And when the OP gets butthurt and deletes their posts! I need these things in my life, crazy OPs of MFP! Please do not take them from me! o:)
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    People who interrupt you mid sentence, like their opinion is more important than yours, especially when you are trying to help them!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Wal-Mart...

THIS X infinity!!!! I get anxious just pulling into the parking lot. I HATE place almost as much as I hate the tag office or DMV.

The problem is, everyone still goes there despite hating it. Where else can you get a hammer, a gallon of milk, baby clothes, and a video game at 2am?

I ONLY go there if Target is closed or I don't have proper time to go to a Super Target. I refuse to go there just because.

I'll grant you most of those things from the internet, but milk? I'll also grant that if someone is super organized that they can think to buy ahead and in bulk on the internet and could make it work. Most people are not. Not defending WalMart, just saying it is an inexpensive, immediate one stop shop for a lot of people. There are a lot of towns that do not have a lot of other alternatives for stores. I would certainly go to Target if we had one.

I was just teasing about the internet. I almost said Amazon. :smiley: I understand not having an alternative. My BF lives in Stillwater and their "local" grocery stores are dumps compared to the brand new Wal-Mart that is less than 2 minutes from her house. I totally get not having the alternatives. That's why I love living in a big city.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    five1113 wrote: »
    When people cannot determine the difference between "to & too" or "there & their" pisses me right off!!!!!!!

Don't forget "they're". It's not that hard.

Another thing that irritates the crap out of me, is when people write in one long continuous sentence with no punctuation, and you can't tell where one thought ends, and another begins. I have coworkers that are notorious for this. I pause where the punctuation should be while reading it in my head. I even correct their grammar in forwards and/or replies.

• Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    People who don't cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough.
  • MattBeFit
    MattBeFit Posts: 297 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    People that continuously try to clear their throat, but refuse to get a glass of water.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Wal-Mart...

I'll grant you most of those things from the internet, but milk? I'll also grant that if someone is super organized that they can think to buy ahead and in bulk on the internet and could make it work. Most people are not. Not defending WalMart, just saying it is an inexpensive, immediate one stop shop for a lot of people. There are a lot of towns that do not have a lot of other alternatives for stores. I would certainly go to Target if we had one.

I was just teasing about the internet. I almost said Amazon. :smiley: I understand not having an alternative. My BF lives in Stillwater and their "local" grocery stores are dumps compared to the brand new Wal-Mart that is less than 2 minutes from her house. I totally get not having the alternatives. That's why I love living in a big city.

Teasing and sarcasm on the internet really grinds my gears! j/k ;)

You would hate me then. My first language is sarcasm, followed by movie quotes.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    MattBeFit wrote: »
    People that continuously try to clear their throat, but refuse to get a glass of water.

Add coughing and/or sniffling to this.

• bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Great posts lol. I guess I could be culpable to some of the posts. I have some, but my major one (pardon the very long post):

Dog Owners
    a. Dog walks
    i. If a dog is walking ahead of you and not alongside or behind you, you are not walking the dog! And those flex-leashes, and those that go around the dog’s trunk, rather than the neck - ugh!
    ii. Walking the dog while texting/using phone. The walk (and mastering it) is the most important and powerful thing in a dog’s life. One should walk the dog with the dog's benefit in mind
    b. Talking to a dog in a “baby/cooing” voice
    c. When people meet a dog and think it okay to pet the dog right away (while using the “baby” voice) – this is not how dogs meet in the wild (pack world). They smell each other and etc. Why not be patient? How about not look, touch, or "talk" to the dog until he/she has smelled you/he or she initiates the meeting? It takes quite a bit of patience, but it works. And you will once in a while hear a complaint that, “I just bent down to say hello to the dog, and suddenly he/she bit me,” oh?...but did you see/understand the dog’s body language before you did that, or did you just see the end result?
    d. Double standards – when someone declares how their dog is their baby, yet do not restrain the dog, say, while driving (would you let your own child ride unrestricted in the vehicle?), or jumping on strangers on the way or visitors at home, letting a dog (especially small breeds - one may think it cute that a Chihuahua barks at anyone wanting to socialize with his/her owner while the dog is seated on the owner's lap) get away with murder
    e. Blaming dogs (including not understanding powerful breeds – which lead to most being destroyed or being returned to shelters – though that there are red zone cases that are beyond salvage) for their behaviour
    i. The dog does not understand you shouting at it...he/she feels does not feel sorry and he/she is not depressed about this and that…dogs pick up on energy. If you are a nervous person for example, the dog will not trust you. The dog may find a need to step in and “protect” its pack as its leader, hence why the dog would go after other dogs while on a walk, for example. Change you and the dog will change.
    ii. At the dog park, you see a fight, then go on to blame dog B, yet it is your dog that entered the park with his tail held really high, did you notice that the whites of his eyes were more prominent? Did you see how your dog approached dog B (head-on as opposed from the side; was the head held high or low)? How was your frame of mind right before you left for the park, or before disembarking from the car? Did you see that when you approached that dog in a high-pitched, excited mind that the dog started jumping all over you? That may not be because he likes you…..
    f. Using human psychology rather than dog/animal psychology on dogs
    i. Can you tell an aggressive dog from a nervous, excited, timid, or an obsessive one? Does your dog trust you? Are you a pack leader (not by hurting, but by being calm and assertive)
    ii. Do you know (why) most (with the exception of a few) dogs in the rural areas/”free range” have less “psychological” problems, less medication etc?
    iii. Do you understand the different barks/growls?
    iv. “I will not neuter/spay my dog because I will change his personality/he or she will be so depressed”…uhm…what? Lol
    v. Do you fulfill the dog’s needs and desires (as an animal) first before yours (e.g., religiously walking, general wellness, food, shelter, giving the dog something to do etc) – dressing up a dog may be something you like, but that is not fulfilling the dog’s needs
    vi. Do you follow through with your commands in a calm way? Do you have set boundaries and limitations for your dog? Sometimes you find powerful people (in powerful positions) where they assert authority at work every day, but often ran down by their dogs at home lol
    vii. Have you watched your dog in a pack or in the pack? You may learn a lot about your dog from the other dogs (sans humans). They are the best teachers
    viii. Do you know why your dog barks all day or wees while you are away at work? Do you take him on a rigorous walk beforehand? Do you prep him to leave or do you coo, “I am going to work now…be a good boy now…you will be ok…it is ok…?”
    g. Not picking after one’s dog
    h. Thank you for saving lives of shelter dogs when you adopt one, but please choose the right dog for you. Just putting your fingers through the cage so he can smell, or thinking a dog is cute does not do.
    How is the dog’s energy/personality matched to yours or your household’s? How do you meet the dog for the first time at the shelter? How do you introduce the dog to your home the first time? Do you know how to lay the foundation down for a well-balanced dog? How do you socialize your dog with others?

>>>Stepping off irrational soap box :smile:
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    bepeejaye wrote: »
    Great posts lol. I guess I could be culpable to some of the posts. I have some, but my major one (pardon the very long post):

Dog Owners
    a. Dog walks
    i. If a dog is walking ahead of you and not alongside or behind you, you are not walking the dog! And those flex-leashes, and those that go around the dog’s trunk, rather than the neck - ugh!
    ii. Walking the dog while texting/using phone. The walk (and mastering it) is the most important and powerful thing in a dog’s life. One should walk the dog with the dog's benefit in mind
    b. Talking to a dog in a “baby/cooing” voice
    c. When people meet a dog and think it okay to pet the dog right away (while using the “baby” voice) – this is not how dogs meet in the wild (pack world). They smell each other and etc. Why not be patient? How about not look, touch, or "talk" to the dog until he/she has smelled you/he or she initiates the meeting? It takes quite a bit of patience, but it works. And you will once in a while hear a complaint that, “I just bent down to say hello to the dog, and suddenly he/she bit me,” oh?...but did you see/understand the dog’s body language before you did that, or did you just see the end result?
    d. Double standards – when someone declares how their dog is their baby, yet do not restrain the dog, say, while driving (would you let your own child ride unrestricted in the vehicle?), or jumping on strangers on the way or visitors at home, letting a dog (especially small breeds - one may think it cute that a Chihuahua barks at anyone wanting to socialize with his/her owner while the dog is seated on the owner's lap) get away with murder
    e. Blaming dogs (including not understanding powerful breeds – which lead to most being destroyed or being returned to shelters – though that there are red zone cases that are beyond salvage) for their behaviour
    i. The dog does not understand you shouting at it...he/she feels does not feel sorry and he/she is not depressed about this and that…dogs pick up on energy. If you are a nervous person for example, the dog will not trust you. The dog may find a need to step in and “protect” its pack as its leader, hence why the dog would go after other dogs while on a walk, for example. Change you and the dog will change.
    ii. At the dog park, you see a fight, then go on to blame dog B, yet it is your dog that entered the park with his tail held really high, did you notice that the whites of his eyes were more prominent? Did you see how your dog approached dog B (head-on as opposed from the side; was the head held high or low)? How was your frame of mind right before you left for the park, or before disembarking from the car? Did you see that when you approached that dog in a high-pitched, excited mind that the dog started jumping all over you? That may not be because he likes you…..
    f. Using human psychology rather than dog/animal psychology on dogs
    i. Can you tell an aggressive dog from a nervous, excited, timid, or an obsessive one? Does your dog trust you? Are you a pack leader (not by hurting, but by being calm and assertive)
    ii. Do you know (why) most (with the exception of a few) dogs in the rural areas/”free range” have less “psychological” problems, less medication etc?
    iii. Do you understand the different barks/growls?
    iv. “I will not neuter/spay my dog because I will change his personality/he or she will be so depressed”…uhm…what? Lol
    v. Do you fulfill the dog’s needs and desires (as an animal) first before yours (e.g., religiously walking, general wellness, food, shelter, giving the dog something to do etc) – dressing up a dog may be something you like, but that is not fulfilling the dog’s needs
    vi. Do you follow through with your commands in a calm way? Do you have set boundaries and limitations for your dog? Sometimes you find powerful people (in powerful positions) where they assert authority at work every day, but often ran down by their dogs at home lol
    vii. Have you watched your dog in a pack or in the pack? You may learn a lot about your dog from the other dogs (sans humans). They are the best teachers
    viii. Do you know why your dog barks all day or wees while you are away at work? Do you take him on a rigorous walk beforehand? Do you prep him to leave or do you coo, “I am going to work now…be a good boy now…you will be ok…it is ok…?”
    g. Not picking after one’s dog
    h. Thank you for saving lives of shelter dogs when you adopt one, but please choose the right dog for you. Just putting your fingers through the cage so he can smell, or thinking a dog is cute does not do.
    How is the dog’s energy/personality matched to yours or your household’s? How do you meet the dog for the first time at the shelter? How do you introduce the dog to your home the first time? Do you know how to lay the foundation down for a well-balanced dog? How do you socialize your dog with others?

>>>Stepping off irrational soap box :smile:

Holy crap! :o

You're in a safe place, though. <3 Get those feels out, lol.