One Year In, 76 pounds down (Long and full of photos)

Options

Replies

• Fabu_lass
    Fabu_lass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Very inspirational
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    AHHH-MMAAAAAZZZIINGGG! Um not to be crass, but how did you get to keep those amazing breasts! Mine are going away. :'(
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I love when I find a success story about someone who had weight loss success just by eating in moderation and not some crazy diet where they cut everything out. Great job sticking with it. No doubt you will achieve your next goal.
  • Fallingsakura
    Fallingsakura Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work... It's amazing what you've achieved.
  • bwade1998
    bwade1998 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on all your accomplishments!
  • JenforHealth
    JenforHealth Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a transformation and inspiration! Thanks for sharing the pics
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing :) I'm starting my journey (again) today...you're post is really inspirational...we'll done hon <3
  • ampolan
    ampolan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did it! I made it to my one year anniversary!

And now the long story:

In March 2014, I went to the doctor for the first time in 7 years (thanks, Obama!). I walked out completely overwhelmed with what I'd been told. My doctor had diagnosed me with severe depression, anxiety, sleep deprivation and insulin resistance. He told me that I had to lose weight. My BMI was 38.7. I was carrying 232.3 pounds on my 5'5" frame.

5sen2a9lxti7.jpg

A month later I had wrapped my head around what all these things meant for me, and I decided to get serious.

I took some photos and was totally shocked at just how big I was. I mean, I knew I was overfat, but I didn't know just how old, tired and miserable I looked. So I joined MyFitnessPal.

The biggest reason I had been consuming more calories than I was burning was my soda and coffee intake. It was ridiculous. Cutting down on those two things helped me get started. Then I started cutting my portions down. I still ate everything I used to - just less of it. I learned how to do that on the forums :)

Then I discovered yoga, and what I could really do with my body.

ncdms110d0pj.jpg

I felt so empowered - to really, fully understand that *I* was in charge of my body and what it could do. I got rid of all the "I can'ts" in my brain and really started pushing myself.

2qr3ea3h9uwb.jpg

I was still doing moderation, not really paying much attention to macros or anything else. Around December, I hit a "plateau" - which wasn't a plateau at all, but me being lazy with my logging. I had gotten burned out an apathetic. So I took a logging break for a week. Managed to lose weight during that time and find my motivation again.

I started with an IIFYM approach and started lifting heavy (<3) in February. After that, I really started *loving* my new body.

The muscles (small though they are).

b9p9nimd1dzn.jpg

My sexy waist.

vhb9bub1y1tl.jpg

And my butt. I love my butt.

h0n74gqdk7wc.jpg

I still have 6 pounds to go until I hit the high end of my goal weight range (140-149), and a healthy BMI. But I've done so much for myself over the past year - and I'm going to celebrate it. I'm amazing.

z9t9cj3e96gp.jpg
    6qtgszqxzkol.jpg
    geelgpz0543i.jpg

I've lost 15" from my waist, and 14" from my hips. My BMI is 26.0, from 38.7. I no longer have insulin resistance. I'm healthy, strong, fit, flexible and happy. I currently weigh 156.0 pounds - that's 76.2 pounds lost in 365 days :)

And I did it all by moderation, portion control and realistic goals. I still have a coke with dinner, gelato some nights, pizza. But I also make sure I'm eating fruit and veggies and meeting both my macro and micro nutrient needs. It's all about balance.

The only secret to weight loss is commitment. Be honest with yourself, weigh your food and work hard. It's all about the CICO!

Thanks for reading all this :)

You are a rock star, very inspiring
  • meegun1
    meegun1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    wow that is me to a T! wish my doctor would be honest with me about my weight and what it is doing to my health maybe I would have woke up sooner to the damage I'be been doing to my body. Great motivation!! and Great job!!
  • muggle_mom
    muggle_mom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just beautiful. An amazing accomplishment! Huge Kudos to you!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • susankay10
    susankay10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! !!
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Way to go girlie!!!
  • franklin505
    franklin505 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Even though you are much thinner you still have great boobs!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You're a great inspiration, thanks for sharing! Keep up the great work!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate all of your words.

And yes, I was lucky enough to keep most of the boobs - even though I'm pretty sure their size makes me look like a bobble head now ;)
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a difference! Keep up the great work! :)
  • lemonaid7
    lemonaid7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    WOW, you are rockin' it, way to go!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!