The most important meal of the day?

Options

Replies

• Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Not trying to sell anything. Just mentioning a product that has helped me. If you will notice I just simply mentioned get more information. Gorging a 2000 calorie meal to meat your intake requirements isnt going to help anyone. For the sake of energy, which that is the only reason to consume food to energize your body it is best to eat consistently throughout the day. I am not a doctor or saying that you HAVE to eat so many times a day. Consistency is key if you wake at 11 try to eat as soon as your body can tolerate it. Bc if you have a decent sleep/eating schedule you probably havent eating in 8-12 hours. Your body needs the energy. Eating one big meal a day can result in fluctuating blood sugar levels, which in turn can result in loss of lean body mass. Do you want to lose muscle or fat? Eating when you have low blood sugar causes you to release more insulin which results in more fat being produced. Loss of lean muscle mass, production of fat. Ill stick with eating throughout the day. Waiting for all you vultures to jump on this one!! Cant wait for the replies I get!!

So you admit you're trolling, then ...

Im sorry I dont understand trolling for what? I was just trying to help and I get replies and quotes about how im wrong. I admit im not a doctor but eating all your required cals in one meal is not going to do anything for your body but set you up for failure. Ive tried all those fad diets, eat this at this time only drink this amount of water only after eating this, etc. She asked about breakfast and what would be a good liquid breakfast. I told her what I eat. I dont really understand why my reply was so horrible to all you guys? Can you please tell me?

Because it is wrong

Please tell me of a bodybuilder, fitness model, someone who has been successful in losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle for any period of time at all that will advocate eating one meal a day?
    You might wanna check out the dude from leangains,he's kinda ripped and does the whole one meal a day thing but I'm sure you already knew that silly me
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Not trying to sell anything. Just mentioning a product that has helped me. If you will notice I just simply mentioned get more information. Gorging a 2000 calorie meal to meat your intake requirements isnt going to help anyone. For the sake of energy, which that is the only reason to consume food to energize your body it is best to eat consistently throughout the day. I am not a doctor or saying that you HAVE to eat so many times a day. Consistency is key if you wake at 11 try to eat as soon as your body can tolerate it. Bc if you have a decent sleep/eating schedule you probably havent eating in 8-12 hours. Your body needs the energy. Eating one big meal a day can result in fluctuating blood sugar levels, which in turn can result in loss of lean body mass. Do you want to lose muscle or fat? Eating when you have low blood sugar causes you to release more insulin which results in more fat being produced. Loss of lean muscle mass, production of fat. Ill stick with eating throughout the day. Waiting for all you vultures to jump on this one!! Cant wait for the replies I get!!

So you admit you're trolling, then ...

Im sorry I dont understand trolling for what? I was just trying to help and I get replies and quotes about how im wrong. I admit im not a doctor but eating all your required cals in one meal is not going to do anything for your body but set you up for failure. Ive tried all those fad diets, eat this at this time only drink this amount of water only after eating this, etc. She asked about breakfast and what would be a good liquid breakfast. I told her what I eat. I dont really understand why my reply was so horrible to all you guys? Can you please tell me?

Because it is wrong

Please tell me of a bodybuilder, fitness model, someone who has been successful in losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle for any period of time at all that will advocate eating one meal a day?
    You might wanna check out the dude from leangains,he's kinda ripped and does the whole one meal a day thing but I'm sure you already knew that silly me

He eats three meals a day, in an 8 hour window. He doesn't eat in the morning though.

One meal a day is the warrior protocol.
  • broscientist
    broscientist Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I wish MFP had a neg / rep system.

This thread is really bringing out the idiots.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Not sure which side of the fence you sit on with a name like broscientist, but you're right about them needing a reputation system.
  • Joe7178
    Joe7178 Posts: 105
    Options

You a miscer?
  • Joe7178
    Joe7178 Posts: 105
    Options
    Meals per day- irrelevant
    hours in between meals- irrelevant
    lol at anyone who says differently
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

please explain in further detail...
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I always eat a small healthy breakfast in the morning cause If I don't ill be starving during my workout and after.
    I usually eat something small before working out then after.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Edit, double post, sorry
  • manders_b
    manders_b Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Then hobbits will jump in and say you need to eat seven times a day, and each is as important as the last.

Breakfast
    Second Breakfast
    Elevensies
    Lunch
    Afternoon Tea
    Dinner
    Supper

not counting snacks.

Hahahaha. Yes.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Totally agree its is healthy for someone to offer information against what they think is a wrong opinion or misinformation. Please show me where anyone has replied to my post with any information? ANY INFORMATION? I at least gave information and I also added "I am not a doctor" but this has been found to be true of...Everyone that quoted me just stated I was wrong and to stop posting misinformation. Give me the "correct" information then please?? Give me references to the "facts" please??
    Here is the correct information and "facts", complete with links to peer-reviewed studies showing that frequent eating doesn't "stoke", "jump start", "kick start", "rev up" or otherwise affect your metabolism:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol

If you want to eat 5, 7, 10, 24 meals a day for reasons of personal preference, satiety, dietary adherence and/or workout performance, nothing at all wrong with it. It's just not providing any metabolic advantage over 1, 2 or 3 meals per day.

If you want information about people who do just fine with fewer meals and a short time window for eating, Google "Intermittent Fasting". It doesn't provide any metabolic advantage either, but many people have found that it works well for them in terms of the above reasons (personal preference, satiety, etc.).
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

Ever hear of Intermittent Fasting? It's extremely popular in the bodybuilding/fitness community, and while many people on it eat 2-3 times a day, some do eat only once.

Also, hi. I've been successful in losing weight, maintaing a healthy lifestyle for over a year, and I've got a fitness photoshoot next week.

And yes, I'll advocate eating one meal a day.
    :flowerforyou:
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    for me, breakfast is most important because it sets me off for a good, controlled day.
    even if I don't think I'm hungry, if I skip breakfast I find myself far more likely to slip up later in the day. I find that having breakfast as part of an every day routine tells my body 'hey, you didn't starve yesterday, and you're not going to starve today, so there's no use craving crap, you can't have it!'.

you'll notice in the above statement the frequent use of 'I'. this is because I am telling you how 'I' feel, and what works for 'me'
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    for me it is breakfast, because of my low blood sugar, I often wake up in a crash, all dizzy and wonky vision, before I even get out of bed. Breakfast keeps me from passing out... not because it jumpstarts my metabolism or anthing silly.

(edit- I wish I could just eat one meal a day! I spend so much time making snacks and meals and eating here and there...one meal would be a huge time saver!)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The next one. Always the next one.
  • broscientist
    Options
    Meals per day- irrelevant
    hours in between meals- irrelevant
    lol at anyone who says differently

rapped
  • broscientist
    Options

You a miscer?

rapped for having zyzz as inspiration
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Now I've missed an important opportunity to get nutrients, will be hungry in five minutes, and will be forced to reach for a doughnut-ham-hamburger, which is 5600 calories. I fail.

Love.

I am not a natural breakfast eater and that eat 8000 times a day thing is a pita, which is why I was thrilled that research showed that 'rev up your metabolism', breakfast is essential, eat all day long stuff was bunk. If you are hungry, eat. If not, dont'. End of story.
  • Nelli4499
    Nelli4499 Posts: 4
    Options
    I hate eating breakfast. it doesn't make me sick, but im not that hungry. I usually go for a small 90 cal yogurt, or an apple, just so im not starving by the time lunch comes around. I save about 900 calories for dinner and my post workout snack (banana, apple, pb). it feels better not to restrict your dinner so much by eating little things at the beginning of the day,
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

You a miscer?

rapped for having zyzz as inspiration

No 6 pack? No cred. Zyzz as your inspiration? Noob.