What is YOUR least favorite part of having a healthy lifestyle?

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    people waiting for me to slip up and gain it all back. Fenemies...
  • eboniivoried
    eboniivoried Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The time it consumes to read nutrition labels, meal prep, and I work out for 1-3 hours at a time. Sometimes I have to decide if I'm going to work on my studies or workout, which is a hard choice for me right now because I want to workout!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    the way other people judge me for wanting to be my best.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    ea15792 wrote: »
    Shaving my legs. When I was fat I worn pants all the time, so I shaved them occasionally in the winter and once or twice a week in summer if I was going to wear capris. Now I have awesome legs and I want to wear skirts all year round and shorts in the summer, I have to shave them almost every day.

And the dealing with vanity sizing. I'm always annoyed that in some of my favourite stores that they never carry many small sizes (especially in petite sizes). Finding a 2P or 4P (which is my pants size now in their vanity sized stuff) in a place like Kohls is like finding a unicorn.

UGH! I totally agree! I'm "really" a size 6 or 8 (US "true" sizing, if you look at a standardized sizing chart), but Kohl's is my favorite clothing store. I wear a 2 or 4 Tall there (try finding THAT in store-and NO, I'm not a 50ft supermodel, lol).
  • alysme
    alysme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    I feel guilty because we don't really buy any fun kid food. I don't want her to grow up obese like I was, but, I do want her to experience a full life with all the silly little treats that are part of childhood, just in moderation. Unfortunately, she has a crappy mom who will eat ALL the kid food instead of eat in moderation.

You AREN'T a "crappy mom". You are giving your child the best gift possible - a healthy upbringing for her, and a healthy life for you. The choices you are making are POSITIVE not negative and you know that. Give yourself tons of credit.

Before I got fat and unfit my wife and I were both active, fit, healthy parents. Our kids did not grow up with junk food or soda or regular trips to McDonalds. Trust me they grew up just fine and neither likes junk food now. Sure they'll eat a burger and have a soda, but it isn't food they crave. Not once in all the time they were growing up (now 15 and 18 - super fit and athletic) did our positive lifestyle choices cause them angst with their friends. If a party happened to have junk food or was held at a McD, we didn't object.

As for soda... we buy it for holiday occasions. It's like cake. It's a treat, not something to have every day. The kids can learn this.

The kids internalise that such treats are meant to be exceptions, not the norm. That's a very positive lesson that might just last a lifetime. What a gift you are giving your child. :smile:

That is an excellent way to bring up kids :smiley:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    1. Not being able to eat to "satisfied".
    2. Not being able to eat what I want in the amount I want.
    3. Not being able to eat certain foods because of HBP.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I miss cookies...

Yeah, I know that I could add a couple into my day occasionally, but I used to be the guy who would go into a trance from opening a package of peanut butter cookies, and wake up a couple hours later when the package was empty. For that reason, I tend to treat them like alcohol to an alcoholic and avoid them completely.

I shutter to think how many calories I've had to work off from just that behaviour.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    groceries are so much more expensive.
  • carolynmo1969
    carolynmo1969 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My least favourite part: changing. I work out on my lunch break. I wear professional attire for work-blouse, cami, skirt, nylons (yes nylons-there are workplaces that stil require them). The dressing & undressing and redressing is my pet peeve. But I look so smokin' hot from the workouts and feel so amazing it's worth the effort
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    My least favourite part: changing. I work out on my lunch break. I wear professional attire for work-blouse, cami, skirt, nylons (yes nylons-there are workplaces that stil require them). The dressing & undressing and redressing is my pet peeve. But I look so smokin' hot from the workouts and feel so amazing it's worth the effort

Not nylon-specific, but there was a time that I could only workout during lunch hour. YES - gigantic pain in the butt. Especially getting sweaty and then having to meet with people after. Having to account for that extra changing time does cut into the workout!
  • gonebeast
    gonebeast Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Being in your 20s and having no friends who are into fitness, I don't know anyone who's passionate about this. Its lonely in my side. Nobody to share with, nobody to talk to about it and if I talk about lifting around my friends I feel like I am vain or trying to preach a healthy lifestyle.

Also the cooking aspect. Its annoying. Sometimes I don't reach my calorie and macro goals at all, that's why I don't have the best body I can attain. Its all on me. That's a nothing thing. I dont like that bad feeling when I fail to hit my goal. There's a lot of people eating up to 2300 calories, how do u even do that? Well in my case I don't eat calorie dense foods which makes it really difficult.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I miss being spontaneous, and eating whatever I want. But learning how many calories are in my favorite foods put a damper on that. And the rude comments can hurt. And I hate being the only one that has to watch their portions
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Not being able to eat everything I want whenever I want it in very large portions. ;)
  • DeFYneME
    DeFYneME Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That I have limited time to workout... If I had my way at work...which i will soon... I'd get a cross trainer with a laptop rest!
  • DeFYneME
    DeFYneME Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oh.. and 3 sips of red will get my drunk ... go figure!!! :smirk:
  • mgutier1
    mgutier1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How obsessively I go about counting calories and exercising. I know it probably a good thing but I wish this came naturally and carefree. I either am all in or just not giving a *kitten*! So I either lose quickly or gain quickly....
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I don't really have anything I don't like about it. The only reason I've been successful is because I didn't change my lifestyle enough to be disliked. If it stressed me out that much, I probably just wouldn't do it.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    Not being able to eat anything i want anytime i want in any quantity i want. Also having to prep meals everynight rather than eating out and eating whatever and in any quantity i want.

If I'm being honest, this^^^. I still eat the foods I love and fit them in my diet, but I have to be mindful of how much and when (since I save the bigger portion of my calories for evening). I can't just go to my local Amigos everyday and eat two giant burritos smothered in ranch and salsa. Well, I could, but I would gain my weight back. I can't eat a large takeout pizza every day. I always ate all those foods with zero regard for how much of them I was eating. I often have people offer me food at work. I can have a serving of whatever it is, yes, but before I just ate however much I wanted without concerning myself about how many calories were in the food or what the macros are. Still, I prefer my thinner self, but I ate like that for so many years it's hard not to miss it sometimes.

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I miss pizza. And sausages. Yeah, I know, in theory they're doable "in moderation". But having a slice of pizza just makes things worse when what you really want is the whole pie. Just not satisfying enough in any way shape or form.

Gah.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Not being ignorant and just eating large amounts of whatever I want when I want it. Portion control sucks...lol.