Why Women Should Not Run (as their only means to lose)

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• TattooedMuffin
    TattooedMuffin Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I started my fitness journey running. only recently in the last 3 months have i included strength training in my workouts. and in the last 3 months, my weight has dropped significantly and i went from a size 11-14 to a size 5-7. I still run because i want to build up my endurance and just because its like my stress reliever.
    I run 12 miles a week split into 4 days. and I dedicated 2 days to strength training. BUT, I also do strength training on the days i run, just not as hardcore.

I can only progress from here on.
    :flowerforyou:
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    While I truly want to enjoy this article, there really should have been a counterargument saying why running (or any cardio) works for some people and not for others. I'll admit I didn't have much to lose in the beginning, but cardio is the only way I've lost weight. The author should have included alternative ways to burn fat (That is, if I didn't miss that part of the article; in that case someone help a girl out!).

Running was just used as the example. The point to the article is that you burn fat more effectively through moderate cardio combined with moderate strength training. The emphasis was placed on women because they have a tendency to practice excessive cardio without strength training.
    Thank you for the kind clarification! :happy:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    also, tired of men telling me what i should be doing.

SERIOUSLY. No uterus, no opinion. :)

Did you really search for this thread just so you could declare moral superiority? One need not have a uterus to have knowledge of the female body. That I'm quite sure of.

^This.

In for careful study of the female body

As long as you keep showing those abs, we're cool ;P