Sugar free detox

Options
has anyone ever done a sugar free detox? How did it go? Did u go back to the sugar? Did you find recipes easy to make? Did you like your food?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Your body detoxes by itself.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Honestly you might want to clarify what you mean by detox because its a subject that gets the posters here very excited.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    You mean quitting sugar for a while?

Yup. It went fine. I didn't eat it for a very long time, but if you're looking to do it in order to cut back, it's not necessary to give it up for more than a few weeks.

It changed my taste, and I was satisfied with a much less sweet taste after that, and also with much less in the amount of sweet things it took to satisfy me.

I no longer liked milk chocolate (with an exception or two), I preferred dark chocolate.

I eat small amounts of sugary treats now in moderation.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    With very few (severe) exceptions, you need sugar.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Well, to be fair, your body could digest vegetables and you would get the glucose from them. You don't HAVE to eat cookies.

That being said, I would not want a life without cookies.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    You mean quitting sugar for a while?

Yup. It went fine. I didn't eat it for a very long time, but if you're looking to do it in order to cut back, it's not necessary to give it up for more than a few weeks.

It changed my taste, and I was satisfied with a much less sweet taste after that, and also with much less in the amount of sweet things it took to satisfy me.

I no longer liked milk chocolate (with an exception or two), I preferred dark chocolate.

I eat small amounts of sugary treats now in moderation.

I don't want to not like milk chocolate! :tongue:

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Honestly you might want to clarify what you mean by detox because its a subject that gets the posters here very excited.

This
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to detox from all add sugar. Natural sugar found in fruit and veg is fine but the box of candys I throw away and things like salda dressing that are high I would like to get rid of. I eat way over what I should. I am wanting to do the fed up 10 day sugar detox.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    So you want to do a mockumentary based plan ... good luck.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put sugar on my Lucky Charms after I lift tomorrow. Just because.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Because they're not magically delicious enough?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Because they're not magically delicious enough?
    Oh, they are.

I've been eating a lot of brown rice because I didn't often have the calorie room for the milk that I need with Lucky Charms. Now that I do, I'm taking advantage.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Yes I want to stop for a bit of refined sugar and reduce the amount of extra sugar get to a whole food diet. Not all sugar. Sugar is just so bad for us and we aren't meant to have as much as I have been eating.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    I order The 21 day Sugar detox cookbook: over 100 recipes for any program level. To use as my guide
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Yes I want to stop for a bit of refined sugar and reduce the amount of extra sugar get to a whole food diet. Not all sugar. Sugar is just so bad for us and we aren't meant to have as much as I have been eating.

The body cannot tell the difference between natural and added sugars. The part in bold tells me you believe fear mongering.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Our bodies need sugar to survive. It isn't bad for us. And don't go, "There's a difference in fruit sugar and candy sugar!" because I promise I'll stop listening.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to detox from all add sugar. Natural sugar found in fruit and veg is fine but the box of candys I throw away and things like salda dressing that are high I would like to get rid of. I eat way over what I should. I am wanting to do the fed up 10 day sugar detox.

Why would you want to purposefully avoid foods that you enjoy and taste good? How about just cut back and count your calories instead?
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options

I have a sugar detox program. Every time I eat sugar and serum levels get too high it triggers the sugar detox system to pull the sugar out of the bloodstream. It's all automatic, so pretty easy on my part.

So to clarify, sugar isn't bad for us. It's perfectly fine for me.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I order The 21 day Sugar detox cookbook: over 100 recipes for any program level. To use as my guide

Well you've already given them your money, so they've accomplished their goal. I can only advise you to return it for a refund, and work on simply limiting your caloric intake by paying attention to what you eat and how much you move, or you will be "detoxing" again next year about this time.