Sugar free detox

Options

Replies

• ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    MelRC117 wrote: »
    I am really surprised at the negativity in some of these posts. I have gone sugar-free many times, both with and without natural alternatives such as raw honey, and my body really responds well to being sugar-free. It makes me feel better all over for as long as I keep it up.

That's the point. You aren't really going sugar free. Honey, even raw, organic, gmo free, gluten free, and dairy free honey is still sugar.
    Also, bee barf.

Tasty bee barf.

But then I like dairy too! ;-)
    A couple of bee barf sandwiches and some cow lactation make a pretty good snack.
    Don't forget chicken periods.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    You have to love Mondays!

Not much I can add to this thread but there is one comment I would like to make to the poster who is juicing...you stated that you have PCOS...I too have PCOS. Stay AWAY from the juice! It's mostly sugar. Many women with PCOS find that their bodies do not handle carbs very well (sugar=carbs) and many end up being insulin resistant or diabetic. It is not "added sugar" you have to be concerned about but your overall daily intake of carbs. If it made you feel better but cutting stuff out then that's awesome and good for you! I personally believe that moderation is the key to long term success but I do concede that some people have "trigger foods" and they find they are most successful when totally eliminating the temptation.
    I agree completely with watching the carbs (even healthy ones). Our bodies don't react the same to carbs. I juice because honestly I enjoy it and I see less hormonal acne when I have a glass of juiced fruits and veggies every day. Would I do a juice fast again? Probably not because I don't think it's necessary, but it wasn't so bad and it got me interested in making my own juices.
    I subscribe mostly to the theory that as long as I'm under my daily alotted calories then I don't sweat what I eat too much, but eating the cookies, candies etc puts me over so I'm trying to cut back on the amount I'm eating. I have a huge sweet tooth and it's something I've made a goal to get under control because I just FEEL BETTER when I eat less of the junk. I can eat a bowl of strawberries with some redi-whip for under 60 calories whereas a candy bar will set me back a cool 280 which I'll gobble down quickly and then regret because I didn't enjoy it THAT much.
    So at the end of the day all the "internet science" people are providing to disprove my theory that I feel better with less junk food in my system really doesn't matter to me. It just matters that I see and feel a difference. :smile:

Nobody has said that or are trying to disprove your theory. Everyone is saying.....the sugar is the same between "junk food" and juices....that's it. You're reading way more into this than needs to be.

Lulz at "internet science" jab at those who do their research.

Research PCOS, PCOS diets and PCOS reversal.
    Have a nice day.

Wait, if I use Google to do this, do I turn into a dreaded "internet science" person?
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Not much I can add to this thread but there is one comment I would like to make to the poster who is juicing...you stated that you have PCOS...I too have PCOS. Stay AWAY from the juice! It's mostly sugar. Many women with PCOS find that their bodies do not handle carbs very well (sugar=carbs) and many end up being insulin resistant or diabetic. It is not "added sugar" you have to be concerned about but your overall daily intake of carbs. If it made you feel better but cutting stuff out then that's awesome and good for you! I personally believe that moderation is the key to long term success but I do concede that some people have "trigger foods" and they find they are most successful when totally eliminating the temptation.
    I agree completely with watching the carbs (even healthy ones). Our bodies don't react the same to carbs. I juice because honestly I enjoy it and I see less hormonal acne when I have a glass of juiced fruits and veggies every day. Would I do a juice fast again? Probably not because I don't think it's necessary, but it wasn't so bad and it got me interested in making my own juices.
    I subscribe mostly to the theory that as long as I'm under my daily alotted calories then I don't sweat what I eat too much, but eating the cookies, candies etc puts me over so I'm trying to cut back on the amount I'm eating. I have a huge sweet tooth and it's something I've made a goal to get under control because I just FEEL BETTER when I eat less of the junk. I can eat a bowl of strawberries with some redi-whip for under 60 calories whereas a candy bar will set me back a cool 280 which I'll gobble down quickly and then regret because I didn't enjoy it THAT much.
    So at the end of the day all the "internet science" people are providing to disprove my theory that I feel better with less junk food in my system really doesn't matter to me. It just matters that I see and feel a difference. :smile:

Nobody has said that or are trying to disprove your theory. Everyone is saying.....the sugar is the same between "junk food" and juices....that's it. You're reading way more into this than needs to be.

Have a nice day.

I have PCOS and was explicitly told by multiple doctors not to juice or drink juice...

For someone suddenly advocating research, you didn't seem to want to hear from anyone willing to provide research previously.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options

Have a nice day.
    Research sucrose.

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    I am really surprised at the negativity in some of these posts. I have gone sugar-free many times, both with and without natural alternatives such as raw honey, and my body really responds well to being sugar-free. It makes me feel better all over for as long as I keep it up.

That's the point. You aren't really going sugar free. Honey, even raw, organic, gmo free, gluten free, and dairy free honey is still sugar.
    Also, bee barf.

Tasty bee barf.

A couple of bee barf sandwiches and some cow lactation make a pretty good snack.

OMG haha. I'm not normally bothered by discussions of bee barf and such, but you made me cringe.

• Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I ever posted hear and if I offended anyone on wanting some information on this I am sorry. I can't figure out how to remove my post. I just know when my kids get sugar from candy vs fruit they act differently.

• Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Does this mean I need to buy pads for my chickens, cause I know I WONT be buying the tampons.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Does this mean I need to buy pads for my chickens, cause I know I WONT be buying the tampons.

They come in their own diva cup
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    They come in their own diva cup

Baaahaaahaaaa LMAO! I sooooo forgot about those thing!

• mrsaha
    mrsaha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OP, I don't know anything about detoxing, but I will ask you a question about what "sugar-free" means to you? Are you hoping to eliminate all sugar sources from your diet or just reducing as much added sugar as you can in your diet? Eliminating all sugar will basically be impossible. You would have to stop eating not only cakes, cookies, chocolate but fruits as well. You could survive by having complex carbohydrates since they will break down to supply your body with sugar. However, sugar and salt and fat add a lot of flavor to foods so eliminating these types of things will leave you with food that is just not going to be satisfying, and ultimately not sustainable.

If you find yourself overeating sugary foods, then eliminating them temporarily from your diet may help you. It can change your taste as well as force you to seek out new foods that you may really enjoy. However, moderation will probably be key. As to my personal experience, I have gone up and down with my weight as an adult. First, I lost about 45 lbs with weight watchers and then gained it back slowly and hit my highest weight while pregnant with my first child. I did low carb dieting to lose 30 lbs but then started to gain that back. I tried low carb again after my second child was born, but only lost about 18 lbs and since put that back on and then some . I am now using MFP to track my calories, and no foods are off limits. My past experience with low carb has helped me to find dinnertime meals that don't involve additional carbs. I have room in my diet for proteins and fats to keep me satiated and to hopefully (along with exercise) minimize my lean muscle mass loss, and I can still enjoy sweet treats in moderation and yummy sandwiches for lunch. Oh and I have lost 14 lbs in the past 6 weeks! If you want to reduce sweet treats then that is fine; however, realize that sugar is sugar, and you can overeat fruit as well as cookies. Use your new cookbook to try out recipes that will expand your cooking horizon but please don't feel that sugar will ruin your diet goals.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Stalking a public profile? I LoL'd. :D
  • ArleneMobley
    ArleneMobley Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes I want to stop for a bit of refined sugar and reduce the amount of extra sugar get to a whole food diet. Not all sugar. Sugar is just so bad for us and we aren't meant to have as much as I have been eating.

You can do it! You have the right idea, get rid of as many processed foods s you possibly can. Shop in the produce and frozen sections to purchase whole foods.
    Natural sugar found in fruits/vegetables is what our bodies are meant to handle.
    I also do not advocate artifical sweetners!
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Yes I want to stop for a bit of refined sugar and reduce the amount of extra sugar get to a whole food diet. Not all sugar. Sugar is just so bad for us and we aren't meant to have as much as I have been eating.

You can do it! You have the right idea, get rid of as many processed foods s you possibly can. Shop in the produce and frozen sections to purchase whole foods.
    Natural sugar found in fruits/vegetables is what our bodies are meant to handle.

"Meant" by who?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

bmh.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Also, bee barf.

Tasty bee barf.

Dairy's not quite as gross. Unless it's yogurt, then it's bacteria barf.

Tasty tangy bacteria barf.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

"Meant" by who?

You had to go there!

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

wouldn't frozen foods/vegetables count as processed?
    what are you defining as processed?
    do you have a medical condition that makes sugar bad for you? I do not limit my sugar and my blood work was nearly perfect at this years physical.

• janejellyroll
    Options

"Meant" by who?

You had to go there!

I'm meant to cause trouble.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I ever posted hear and if I offended anyone on wanting some information on this I am sorry. I can't figure out how to remove my post. I just know when my kids get sugar from candy vs fruit they act differently.
    No need. The mods are shutting down the sugar addiction threads today, so just hang on a sec :wink:

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

You mean the sugars that are identical to those in candy bars, soft drinks, pastries, etc? They are identical chemically and in the way they get processed by the human body.